Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-09-2007, 12:22 AM   #57
Gunner KS1

Drives: All GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
For those that are thinking about fit, finish, and overall quality of the new Camaro, the Oshawa Assembly Plants are among the best in North America. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oshawa_Car_Assembly
I know, wiki, and so . . . http://www.gmcanada.com/inm/gmcanada...ns_osh_car.htm
Same plant that assembled my Buick. No major complaints from me, keep up the good work , I look forward to my new Camaro.
Gunner KS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:27 AM   #58
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
I personaly like the way american cars (used to?) are finished. my bro has a 1990 ZR1 Corvette and the interior is amazingly poor!! parts not really fitting each others, that ridiculous sound when you open the doors and take off the keys!

I like that,it's part of american cars! if I wanted a perfect interior, i would buy BMW's!

I don't want it to improve, the kinda "Luke Skywalker X-fighter" interior you find in my bro's corvette is just sooooo cool!

Last edited by Punk_rider; 10-09-2007 at 09:06 AM.
Punk_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:21 AM   #59
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
I personaly like the way american cars (used to?) are finished. my bro has a 1990 ZR1 Corvette and the interior is amazingly poor!! parts not really fitting each others, that ridiculous sound when you open the doors and take off the keys!

I like that,it's part of american cars! if I wanted a perfect interior, i would buy BMW's!
I have to say, you're probably going to be the first, and last European that I ever hear say that. Thanks
Old 10-09-2007, 09:38 AM   #60
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
Fit and Finish

I have owned several GM and a few other brands some exotic so I can speak on both sides here. In comparing a Corvette from 2000 to a Mercedes of the same year the Benz will win hands down. However the Corvette was built for performace briving first and that's were the focus is. Mercedes has a long and proud racing history as well. But the AMG and Brabus models are considered a limited production item. While the Vette is considered to be a production model. The current production is stepped up quite a bit, just look at the XLR or even the Silverado. GM has seen that they need to a company that can turn out a product like the Germans. By using an all new chasis and properly developed engine and a timeless desing GM had rasied the bar even before they start production. I hope that this helps settle this once and for all, but it won't.
69copo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #61
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
The new Camaro is going to be built in the Number 1 North American plant. Personally I'm not at all worried about fit and finish. Heck the Aveo is better built than the Nissians.......

The Red concept is a roller. PITA to move around.......
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:11 PM   #62
Mr. Wyndham

I'm sure...the front wheels are probably on a live axel, too.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:59 PM   #63
Al Robinson
RACKM

Drives: 2001 Mazda MilleniaS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Goon View Post
I know the the biggest question on everyone's mind (including mine) is what GM is going to give us for HP. Just as important, I wonder what level of quality in fit and finish GM is going to give us.

I had a 2000 Corvette and was going to buy another but decided to stop in at the local Mercedes dealership and check out the 2005 SLK55 AMG. I was AMAZED (somewhat sadly) at the quality and performance of the MB over the 'Vette. I ended up buying the AMG as a result, but the recent addition of a beautiful baby girl made the option of a third car with no back seat a no-go with the wife, so it's gone.

I'm a life-long Chevy fan and can't wait to get a Bow Tie back in the garage, so the new Camaro is a perfect fit! (Thank God for a sports car with a back seat!!)

I'm not going to compare apples to oranges between a Camaro and a Mercedes, but how satisfied with overall quality are recent GM buyers? Has GM put more emphasis on fit and finish and putting a quality product out the door?

BTW, don't read more into this post than what you see. I already have my deposit down with Rick Daniel and can't wait to get back into a Chevy!!

I would not loose heart at the quality of GM products. In 2005 the industry rated automobiles based on the number of complaints per 100 vehicles. The Chevrolet Impala and the malibu beat the Mercedes. I was pleased that an American car beat the icon Mecedes. The baloon burst when the Mecedes was beat by a Hyundai. I believe we will see where GM is going as far as quality of materials, workmanship,and fit and finish, when the new Malibu arrives this fall. When they say fall, what month is that? October or November?
Al Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #64
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
I think "fall" means the 4th quarter of the year (October - December).
balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #65
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
I have a 2006 HHR, first year for that model. I must say that it has great fit, but the finish was a bit questionable. For a car that is well under $20k loaded, I was rather impressed with the quality of construction.

My wife just picked up a GMC Acadia. Again, another first year vehicle. Awesome fit and finish all around. Interior is very nice. Well optioned for the cost. Looks and drives like a luxo SUV, at a fraction of the price and gets great gas mileage.

Overall, I think GM is on the right track. A way to go, but headed in the right direction. If they can get the Camaro right the first time around AND get the price right to compete...they got a home run on their hands.

Phil

06 HHR
69 Chevelle
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:16 AM   #66
v84life

Drives: 05 CTS-V 07 Escalade
I agree. I left GM with my 01 Z06 . Then went the foreign path 2 Audis and 1 Porsche. Now I'm back into 2 Caddy's. I'm lovin the improvement with there interiors and general quality. I think the 2010 Camaro will be very nice and worthy... Now where can I get a 2010 500hp SS for window sticker
v84life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:10 AM   #67
hftech

Drives: 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v84life View Post
I agree. I left GM with my 01 Z06 . Then went the foreign path 2 Audis and 1 Porsche. Now I'm back into 2 Caddy's. I'm lovin the improvement with there interiors and general quality. I think the 2010 Camaro will be very nice and worthy... Now where can I get a 2010 500hp SS for window sticker
How are you liking that CTS-V??? I was thinking about the possibility of getting one, they're a sweet ride...
hftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:25 AM   #68
camarobuddy

Drives: 1970 Camaro in pieces
Quote:
Originally Posted by v84life View Post
for sticker? I wish! I know those things are gonna shot thru the roof.
camarobuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:04 AM   #69
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarobuddy View Post
for sticker? I wish! I know those things are gonna shot thru the roof.
You may be surprised!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:21 PM   #70
v84life

Drives: 05 CTS-V 07 Escalade
Quote:
Originally Posted by hftech View Post
How are you liking that CTS-V??? I was thinking about the possibility of getting one, they're a sweet ride...
I love it, thanks for asking. My car is stock with NO problems. Thinking I might keep it and put a new Camaro next to it. My other choice is to go with the new 09 V. The problem is the new V will most likely push 65-69k not sure if I want to swallow those payments:( Still all good just glad to back with GM
v84life is offline   Reply With Quote