Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-07-2018, 03:43 PM   #1
aquaholic

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Tonneau cover front clips

Was driving down the interstate about 70 MPH when the tonneau spontaneously ejected. Elastic loops were fastened, Velcro between the leading edge of the cover and the rear seat was being utilized. Circled around and recovered the cover in tact... except the two forward most clips were broken. Any suggestions for a fix?
aquaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects

MY BUILD LINK: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484260
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #3
Tom And Cheryl

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible, ThumperII
What clips, please post a picture, I didn't think the was any different than our
Tom And Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:27 PM   #4
aquaholic

I'll get pics when I get home...but here are a couple references I found online.

Here the clips are sticking out of the bottom of the cover (toward front of car): http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1433603060

Here you can see them coming out from underneath the front of the cover: https://dz310nzuyimx0.cloudfront.net...bca013243e.png
Old 01-09-2018, 05:06 PM   #5
Tom And Cheryl

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible, ThumperII
OK, our car is in storage so I can't look at it but if your talking about the lower I guess I would call them guides that go under the front of the top opening. The outer sections of the cover. You normally have to bend them to get them in place but they hold the front of the cover in place. I normally put the driver side in than flod the front and back sections in installing the straps as I go and put the passenger side in last. Once all in I adjust it as needed. If they are broke than I think that your cover is also, with out them to hold the front down I would think that air can get under the front and pull the cover off at 70 MPH.
Tom And Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:19 PM   #6
SharpOldNo7

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom And Cheryl View Post
OK, our car is in storage so I can't look at it but if your talking about the lower I guess I would call them guides that go under the front of the top opening. The outer sections of the cover. You normally have to bend them to get them in place but they hold the front of the cover in place. I normally put the driver side in than flod the front and back sections in installing the straps as I go and put the passenger side in last. Once all in I adjust it as needed. If they are broke than I think that your cover is also, with out them to hold the front down I would think that air can get under the front and pull the cover off at 70 MPH.
Exactly what he said.
SharpOldNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:20 AM   #7
aquaholic

They were not broken before it flew off. I put my top down and leave it that way for months...there had been no issue and the top had been down quite some time. Even that day I was 40 miles into my trip before it blew off.