Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 05-04-2024, 12:49 PM   #1
Midget829

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
FC3 Fore Controller

Is there a way to wire the fc3 controller to constant run to drain the fuel cell? Car has been sitting for two years and need to drain fuel now that we have the replacement motor in and ready to get tuned.
Midget829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 03:35 PM   #2
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Searches I’ve read are pretty much split between draining or adding new fuel to the old and calling it good. Guess it would depend on how much fuel is currently in the tank. Sorry, can’t help with how you’d jump the pump.
Old 05-04-2024, 06:05 PM   #3
Midget829

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Searches I’ve read are pretty much split between draining or adding new fuel to the old and calling it good. Guess it would depend on how much fuel is currently in the tank. Sorry, can’t help with how you’d jump the pump.
It’s 3/4 full so just adding probably wouldn’t help much. Thank you though. Someone has to know. I tried a toggle off the remote inputs and grounded them out to no avail so figured I’d ask here.
Old 05-05-2024, 02:58 PM   #4
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Is there a fuel door under the back seat to get to the fuel pump?
Also running your fuel pumps to drain the tank will probably over heat the pumps causing failure.
If you don't have an access door like mine does, (me being the hack that i've been called) then I'd drop the tank to drain it.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 03:34 PM   #5
Midget829

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
Is there a fuel door under the back seat to get to the fuel pump?
Also running your fuel pumps to drain the tank will probably over heat the pumps causing failure.
If you don't have an access door like mine does, (me being the hack that i've been called) then I'd drop the tank to drain it.
I do not have an access door. I was only going to run one pump with turning it off for a time period in mind as to not overheat the pump. Short intervals on with longer times off.
Old 05-05-2024, 03:37 PM   #6
FasNuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget829 View Post
I do not have an access door. I was only going to run one pump with turning it off for a time period in mind as to not overheat the pump. Short intervals on with longer times off.
I see, that would work since you're mindful of the overheat possibilities. You could power the pump directly with a 12 volt battery provided you knew which wires to connect to.

Looks like to me disconnecting the +/- from PUMP1 connections and putting those wires to 12volts would power the pump no? 12volts to the pump wires, not the fc3 controller.
applying +/- power to the remote side is basically what the car does when it's running, but I'd disconnect the car from the controller if you're going to apply power to the controller connections. All that fc3 controller is is a 3 relay board transferring high current from the battery to pump 1-3
Attached Images

Last edited by FasNuf; 05-05-2024 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 03:51 PM   #7
Midget829

Quote:
I see, that would work since you're mindful of the overheat possibilities. You could power the pump directly with a 12 volt battery provided you knew which wires to connect to.

Looks like to me disconnecting the +/- from PUMP1 connections and putting those wires to 12volts would power the pump no? 12volts to the pump wires, not the fc3 controller.
applying +/- power to the remote side is basically what the car does when it's running, but I'd disconnect the car from the controller if you're going to apply power to the controller connections. All that fc3 controller is is a 3 relay board transferring high current from the battery to pump 1-3
That may work as well. I was also thinking of taking a jumper wire from power to the remote 1 input and do it
That way?
Old 05-05-2024, 03:53 PM   #8
FasNuf

Quote:
That may work as well. I was also thinking of taking a jumper wire from power to the remote 1 input and do it
That way?
Powering the remote is what connects the big power through the relay to your pump, but I'd be careful not to backfeed the car and dont run your pump dry.
Old 05-05-2024, 04:01 PM   #9
Midget829

Quote:
Powering the remote is what connects the big power through the relay to your pump, but I'd be careful not to backfeed the car and dont run your pump dry.
Good point. With 3/4 of a tank, it would take some time to empty it, but can’t be too safe.

Thanks FasNuf.
Old 05-05-2024, 04:10 PM   #10
FasNuf

Quote:
Good point. With 3/4 of a tank, it would take some time to empty it, but can’t be too safe.

Thanks FasNuf.
You're welcome.
I'd power the pump directly seems like a safer option than jumping the remote.
What color wire is on your remote?
Old 05-05-2024, 07:55 PM   #11
Midget829

Quote:
You're welcome.
I'd power the pump directly seems like a safer option than jumping the remote.
What color wire is on your remote?
Gray are on the remote 1 and black on remote 2