Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Another paint issue

I have a 2011 Black 1lt rs with 5000 miles. this car has never been dirty and gets more attention to staying flawless than 99% of the cars out there. I am a detailer for close to 20 years and i see everything. that being said the other day i noticed a line on the rear of my car where the bumper and the trunk lid meet, it is right on the 90 degree edge in the crack. the paint is missing right on the edge only so you can see the primer. i couldnt believe it, it is about 4" long. then I am waxing the car and I see i have the exact same thing on the front fascia where the hood meets it right near the point. i am guessing that the hard angle of where the paint is has flexed and the paint broke off or something. I cant take a picture of it because i am at work but has anyone seen this on theirs? oh and of course my dealer says they have had no issues with paint on camaro's
Old 11-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Another paint problem :( I'd go see your dealer.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
This cars paint is ... Sh!T i was removeing viynl from under my hood and my trimmed nail took off a chip like it was butter. Random spots of orange peel and chips on ither side of the spoiler FUN Btw i noticed theres like two lines from the bottom of the lower front grille to the bottom of the car if you look at it in the light closely.. Are these just from the molds or what ?

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
i dropped the car off at noon and they said it is all done 2 hours later..... seriously there are pinholes in the paint. i will have to show them looking at it in direct sunlight... i think they think if they pretend they cannot see them then i will go away.... anyone else experience this? the lady tried to tell me they got it out with compound, uh I was seeing primer no amount of compound will buff that out lol. my guess is they used touch up paint and a steady hand. seriously i should have picked a different color
Old 11-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
I have a 2011 Black 1lt rs with 5000 miles. this car has never been dirty and gets more attention to staying flawless than 99% of the cars out there. I am a detailer for close to 20 years and i see everything. that being said the other day i noticed a line on the rear of my car where the bumper and the trunk lid meet, it is right on the 90 degree edge in the crack. the paint is missing right on the edge only so you can see the primer. i couldnt believe it, it is about 4" long. then I am waxing the car and I see i have the exact same thing on the front fascia where the hood meets it right near the point. i am guessing that the hard angle of where the paint is has flexed and the paint broke off or something. I cant take a picture of it because i am at work but has anyone seen this on theirs? oh and of course my dealer says they have had no issues with paint on camaro's
if I think i read you right i think its friction/rubbing from the trunk being to low I had a similar issue but before it got too bad i adjusted the rubber bumpers on each side to be higher. It may have been coming of from when you closed it they touched.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
Camman475

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT Camaro
This is a VERY common problem! It happened on my 2010 at about 5K miles as well, granted I'm only at 7K now..so it wasn't that long ago. Mine was on the front where the bumper meets the quarter panel on both sides. My dealer pulled the bumper off and fixed it with no hassle. If your dealer says they've never heard of this, they are likely lying.. i have seen Tons and Tons of pics where the paint is peeling off on where different panels meet. I'm not too concerned about it now, because I know they'll fix it while its new, but what happens in a year from now when it starts happening worse? if it happened this soon, I'd imagine it could be way worse after a little wear! It makes me wish I bought the cosmetic warranty on my car. $800 and they will repair ANY paint or door ding issues for the life of my. They basically said for the $800 warranty, they'd keep my car looking brand new for as long as I owned it. I missed out on that one!