Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #15
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
Same Color? haha.... 2010 Camaro... The first and last GM car I will ever buy.

GM has treated me so horribly. They have made my first new car buying experience more horrid than many can imagine. I ordered on January 2nd on this year, and 6 months later there is still no car. My dealer said my TPW is in late July.

Consequently, I am now, and forever will be, a Ford man.
First off no matter how early you ordered your Camaro the true count down on delivery does not start until the Order is "placed", not when you ordered it. Many on here ordered in Oct 08, they never started building them until almost 5 months later, so forget counting that as "wait time". That is like going to a store that opens at 8 am at 4 am, and complaining you had a 4 hour wait.

So the question yall need to ask your dealer is when will the order be placed. A lot of dealers have plenty of allocations yet to be filled, however even if you ordered in October and your allocaton has not yet been accepted as "placed" it is like standing in front of that store waiting for it to open.

I had a customer a couple weeks ago come in and he asked the right question and the answer allowed him to move up over a month on the wait list. He had ordered and was told it would be placed at the end of July, we happened to have one left for June 25th, he grabbed it and canelled the other order. My next 2 available are July 15th, He has already alerted at least one co-worker so she could contact me about ordering one of these 2.
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #16
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstairs View Post
First off no matter ow early you ordered your Camaro te true count down on delivery does not start until the Order is "placed", not when you ordered it. Many on here ordered in Oct 08, they never started building them until almost 5 months later, so forget counting that as "wait time". That is like going to a store that opens at 8 am at 4 am, and complaining you had a 4 hour wait.

So the question yall need to ask your dealer is when will the order be placed. A lot of dealers have plenty of allocations yet to be filled, however even if you ordered in October and your allocaton has not yet been accepted as "placed" it is like standing in front of that store waiting for it to open.

I had a customer a couple weeks ago come in and he asked the right question and the answer allowed him to move up over a month on the wait list. He had ordered and was told it would be placed at the end of July, we happened to have one left for June 25th, he grabbed it and canelled the other order. My next 2 available are July 15th, He has already alerted at least one co-worker so she could contact me about ordering one of these 2.
And when I originally placed my order with my dealership, I had no idea what allocation was. The dealership either did not know or care to inform me what allocation was. In addition, GM did not make the information about allocation readily available to me. In this aspect, GM as utterly failed and fallen flat on its face.

Also, where I live, all the dealers did not have allocation at the time, and I was told by my own dealer that it would be faster for me to stick with them rather than to order elsewhere. I guess that was naivety on my part, but still.

Now, no matter what you say, I still will say that GM's allocation system is one of the worst systems ever to be conceived, but what do you expect from a sinking ship and pathetic excuse for a company? Oh well, I have written a letter to fbodfather, and I plan to call the 1-800 number tomorrow and just bitch like hell.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #17
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
two? the same color? um..ok. Whatever floats your boat! I just hope they don't start talking like the twins in transformers, that s*** got annoying!!
Old 06-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #18
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
two? the same color? um..ok. Whatever floats your boat! I just hope they don't start talking like the twins in transformers, that s*** got annoying!!
Omg that stuff was so racist and wrong. They had buck teeth that were gold, and couldn't read? Also, they mimicked the guy in the meat store.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #19
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
lol you crack me up ^

Nice cars dude.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #20
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
2 camaro's

Great idea thinkin bout traden the wifes Lexus for another camaro, but might wait for the Z28 LOL
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #21
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
That's awesome. I can't believe two are you are going to have a his and hers in the same color. I would definitely buy another color. I think that's just because I love so many of the colors.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #22
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
All you've got to do now is replace the hyundai with another camaro
They look great
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:16 PM   #23
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
That is awesome lol. I know their is someone else in this forum that is getting a Twin Silver SS for himself and giving his wife the LT.. So your not alone it rocks.

I have always been true and loyal Camaro girl.. You don't know how many times in my life people would try and talk me away from them and say go for a Trans am or Firebird and yes they look somewhat the same but sorry its not at all.. Camaro is Camaro .. This will be my Fifth one I had 72,74,79Z, 99RS and now in the Fall 2010 LT2RS..
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #24
mbavenger

Drives: 2010 2LT 00845
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Hugger View Post
Question, Who gets the garage ? We go by who's is the newest
LOL you have no idea how sore that topic is. I got it for the first night because I had to detail it. So far I think I am on the loosing end.
mbavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #25
mbavenger

Drives: 2010 2LT 00845
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescamaro View Post
All you've got to do now is replace the hyundai with another camaro
They look great
The tiberon is my oldest kid, she has been trying to sell that to us. LOL
mbavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #26
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
Holy you just walked in and picked up a camaro??? frig what dealer did u go to. i have been waiting since october, still not here.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #27
white light

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
Holy you just walked in and picked up a camaro??? frig what dealer did u go to. i have been waiting since october, still not here.
no kidding. He has two and people have been waiting since Oct.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #28
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
good pair

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote