Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #71
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
OK

This has gone on long enough.

Obviously Camaro5 is not going to officially endorse one vendor or product over another.

So as consumers you are free to spend your money where you want.

However.... My opinion....

There is risk involved in every purchase you make. You pay for the product, you then receive the product and you assess over the life of the product whether it meets the advertised capability you paid for.

If you like risk and the reward that can come from it then so be it.

I think it is also fair to say that some of us don't like risk. And want as much of a reasonable guarantee that we are going to get, at least, what we paid for. To me that is the line in the sand.

Something else to consider. Camaro5.com exists for the members/community first. obviously we cater to them as we don't charge members for being here.

Now because of our member base, we can charge sponsors to participate here. They are our customers. It is childish for us to act like we wouldn't rather you, the member, buy from a paying sponsor than from a company who isn't. That should go without saying.

But, because we are here for members we will do our best to let you have your say without filtering your statements. This thread is a good example of that.

We will however continue to do what we can to protect our members. And that includes holding our sponsors accountable for ethical and legal business practices. But we are not ever going to be Judge Jury and Executioner. If you don't care about customer service or warranty or guaranties then buy from the cheapest company you can find. If you do care about these things and what you actually get for your hard earned money... there are more than a few companies here that I'm sure will take care of you.

My thoughts.

Back on topic.

Please.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #72
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Well, got my OBX headers this evening. They are beautiful and look of good quality. The welds seem to be very well done and was only 5 days shipping from California. I will be installing them tomorrow and getting tuned with pics.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:47 AM   #73
03ss

Drives: 03' Silverado SS/ TBSS 06'
Clean looking set of headers from the outside. I wonder how they will hold up on say a road course , etc. What will they look like (change in color) after having been driven for a while?
Old 10-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #74
steeleshark2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03ss View Post
Clean looking set of headers from the outside. I wonder how they will hold up on say a road course , etc. What will they look like (change in color) after having been driven for a while?
These are 304 stainless, so they will look like any other uncoated header made of same material after driving a while (Kooks or ARH). These appear to be holding up fine for the 2010 camaro. Only negative I found from people that actually have them for the 2010 Camaro is one guy said it was to loud and the car was not his hotrod.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:17 AM   #75
steeleshark2

Completed my install and only took 3 hours with a friends help and taking our time. I will try to get installed pics later today.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:52 AM   #76
ERZperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro V8
Did you guys purchase this header from ebay
ERZperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:24 AM   #77
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
yes
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #78
ERZperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro V8
Hey guys my name is Thomas from ERZperformance we just became a sponsor today , I'm going to do a GB on this header soon.
ERZperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #79
gtrpryde

Drives: 03 Evo 8, 93 KAT S13
Rarely do the chinese make something cheap that works right, which always gives the original manufacturer the advantage because their product works, they provide a warranty and actual customer service. If a cheap chinese part breaks you buy the real deal or another cheap part...
gtrpryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #80
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Kooks actually owns the patent on the merge spike in their headers. It cost them thousands of dollars, and several years to get. Once they did get it, everyone just changed the design of their merge spikes slightly to get around it. Even if they wanted to enforce it, patent enforcement is VERY expensive, and takes several more years. Tech companies routinely spend millions trying to defend and enforce a single patent. When you spend years and billions to design a single drug thata companies hopes are pinned on, it is nothing to get a patent and spend millions defending it. However when you have 400 part numbers, which sell anywhere betwen 40 and 2000 units a year (me just guessing on volume), dropping $5-10K to patent each part, just so you can chase companies around ebay is not an effective use of resources.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote