Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
RobbRock
Consultant Camino Real

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RobbRock
This guys says camaro has good visibility

This writer from the chicago sun times says the outward visibility is good on the camaro

http://searchchicago.suntimes.com/au...camaro.article
RobbRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Good review. I do think they missed it on one aspect though. The Challenger may feel like it pulling harder 0-60, and the Mustang may feel faster 0-60, but neither one tops the Camaro, Challenger is pretty much even with the Camaro and the Mustang has a bit to catching up to do. Other than that I think it was a very well written review. Thanks for the post!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Oh, the outward visibilty is great. But, turning around sure isn't like the 4th Gen. The rear window is narrower. It's just something that I'm going to have to learn to live with.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
I was hoping he'd have more to say about visibility than 2 sentences. A lot of the reviews I've seen considered it a problem. Why the difference? Is he used to different cars than most reviewers?
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
Tal

Drives: Old
Well I think part of it has to do with what your expectations are. From just sitting in one I think visibility will be just fine for driving, backing up into a busy parking lot could be another story but it's hard to really judge that just sitting.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
It has a lot to do with expectations, and how tall you are. Short guys less then 5'10" or so, definitely aren't going to be able to see as well as us 6'+ guys.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
aberg

Drives: 2LT/RS
Everyone knocks the visibility of the FJ Cruiser but after you have driven it a couple of times it's no problem at all.
aberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
RobbRock
Consultant Camino Real

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RobbRock
Im sure we will get use to it right away with any car there is going to be awkward initially
RobbRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
It won't be a problem. When you change lanes cut back speed or speed up while checking the piller blind spot. This will reveal any car that's lurking in the blind spot. When stopped always triple check left right should be same vis. Forward it won't be a problem. Maybe rocks & debris but not cars coming at your. Side mirrors are your friend.

With stabilitrak if it get's loose you keep the wheel pointed at a frame of reference and let the system pull you back in.

Bottom line this car has the weapons you need to drive awesome and wreak free if you use them. Never cut lanes without checking that blind spot. Never risk Tbone from the side take your time pulling out.

Sorry little ranty.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #10
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
All cars have good visibility, that's what the mirrors are for. I never understood the checking over the shoulder thing. Eyes forward, use your mirrors. If you can't handle that...hire a spotter! (Clear low)
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:20 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Remi View Post
All cars have good visibility, that's what the mirrors are for. I never understood the checking over the shoulder thing. Eyes forward, use your mirrors. If you can't handle that...hire a spotter! (Clear low)
Shoulder check is for the off chance that someone is hiding in your blind spot. Then again, I can't really see over my left shoulder in my car anyway so its not going to make a difference to me.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #12
The Boat
His seafaringness

Drives: yugo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
Good review. I do think they missed it on one aspect though. The Challenger may feel like it pulling harder 0-60, and the Mustang may feel faster 0-60, but neither one tops the Camaro, Challenger is pretty much even with the Camaro and the Mustang has a bit to catching up to do. Other than that I think it was a very well written review. Thanks for the post!

how could challenger srt8 even be as fast? it weighs over 2 tons!
The Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
If a truck driver can do it then we can. I used to drive a truck.

MIRRORS
Old 03-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #14
69er

Drives: 69 Z/28 , 83 Z/28 (L69), 10 2SS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
It has a lot to do with expectations, and how tall you are. Short guys less then 5'10" or so, definitely aren't going to be able to see as well as us 6'+ guys.
That's what the "UP" button on the power seat is for!
69er is offline   Reply With Quote