Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
Shooter.Jsmith

Drives: Currently 2005 Chevy Cobalt...
V6 Camaro Production Increase...?

Good Morning Camaro5 partons. I was woundering if anyone else had heard any info on this topic and could offer any furher insight. As i mentioned in one of the other threads on the forum I recieved a call from my dealer last week and this is what was said...In addition to telling me about the back up sensors that will be added to my Camaro he said that previously 9 out of every 10 Camaros being produced was the V8 SS model. Now however he told me in that conversation that GM was increasing the production of the V6 Camaro to 60%. This seems lik eoptimistic news for those of us who ordered the LS, 1LT, and 2LT models. I was just woundering if anyone else had heard of this also. And does this mean for those of us who did order the V6 that we can expect that our cars will be produced and delivered at a faster rate than we originally expected? Any input would be appriciated on this matter as I am sure like many others I am eagerly anticipation to see my baby move through the GM codes and be sitting in my driveway as soon as possiable...Thanks!
Old 09-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
9 out of 10 is very inaccurate.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Shooter.Jsmith

I agree with that. It did seem a bit high of a percentage for the SS production. Do you have any further input on this Scotty?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
haven't heard that but does make sense because most orders are filled and they will be trying to fill lots up and most of the general public will be looking into the V6
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #5
Shooter.Jsmith

That was My feelings on the reasoning behind it also Gentry. I was just trying to see if anyone had heard anything about this or if it were mere speculation by my dealer. Don't wanna get too excited about the potential of an earlier production/delivery date until this can be confirmed. Like i was told once, and I think it is a great saying, "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see". Oh and BTW...Nice Pics.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
somewhere on this forum, one of our guys in "the know" had a statement that GM had upped production of the V6 and cut back on the V8s. He had cut and pasted an official looking/sounding letter.

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 09-03-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter.Jsmith View Post
That was My feelings on the reasoning behind it also Gentry. I was just trying to see if anyone had heard anything about this or if it were mere speculation by my dealer. Don't wanna get too excited about the potential of an earlier production/delivery date until this can be confirmed. Like i was told once, and I think it is a great saying, "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see". Oh and BTW...Nice Pics.
lol
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote