Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #155
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Always very seldom it's left alone.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #156
jeremy3721

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I wish more lots were setup with diagonal parking as I think that helps a lot. I also wish there were more parking lot security measures in place if nothing more than to make people pay attention to what they are doing a little more.

My $50k car is as valuable to me as the next guy's Lotus or whatever and I'd like to take steps to take care of it. I understand when wind catches someone's door out of their hand (it's happened to me) but its the carelessness and lack of respect that bothers me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #157
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Noone understands that this is comparing apples to oranges. Precaution is all I preach and it has worked so far, for me... for every car I have owned. (Mischief night doesn't count xD)
Cheers.
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #158
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Good Advice but

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
....Everyone needs ease up and take this car off a pedestal. Sure, it's a bad azz mo fo... But come on, you're going to give yourself an ulcer worrying about it....

Sent while on baby duty.... please sleep
The truth is, The Camaro does project an "image" as somewhat saying "Hey look at me, I am cool and everyone else's car is not".

There is no denying this. The car is much better looking than mustangs and dodge products. It just is. In many ways, it's even better looking than a corvette.

My advice is just use caution if you don't want any vandalism. There is a real war going on between the "haves" and "have-nots".

The hard working people (who want success in life) are being forced to park their car next to people (who have zero ambition in life and they hate everyone including themselves). There is no denying that is what is going on around us.

It is humiliating when someone vandalizes your car, no matter what kind of car you drive. It is as if, you can be Successful but you have to hide this fact from others.

To he whom leaves his camaro at walmart. may the dents you receive by fixable and may your car still be functional whenst thou leavith the area therein.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #159
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
I'm somewhat paranoid about mine. I choose my parking spots very carefully. If im out eating some where, I'll opt for a spot where I can see the car from the inside. Not gonna make anyone stay with the car though, that's kind of extreme.

Not because it a camaro though, I treat all my cars the same.

But because its mine, and I'm paying a lot of money for it. Sure insurance will take care of any damage, but I'd rather spend that $500 deductible on pretty much anything else. And not have to deal with potential nightmares getting shit fixed.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #160
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
If I can offer some friendly advice gentlemen, take it or leave it.

I'm shocked you haven't been keyed or vandalized dude. Good fortune I guess; at some point some jerk is going to do it if you keep double parking though.

I used to park in BFE. Parking in BFE got my car a real nice booboo that I paid out of pocket to get fixed at a body shop. People like to fly through parking lots and cut through parking lots. People also assume, oh look, a nice car parked in BFE, dude must think hes better than me. *key car*. Also, being secluded, your car will stand out that much more. You are also out of view from security cameras at stores. When my car got swiped, it was 2 or 3 parking spaces out of the view of the security camera, so I couldnt see who did it.

Again, just some advice guys, I hate to read reports of vandalism on here, crap happened to me, and I cringe at the thought of any camaro owner going through what myself and many others have. I know how much we love our cars and it sucks to throw money away that could have gone to a mod or whatever because someone else had a jealous fit.
Taken from my thoughts exactally. I just try NOT to stand out. I have found that being pretensious casues people to resent you.

I might also add, your risks are enhanced based on the environment. My car has NEVER been in a Walmart parking lot. Just saying..... Chose your retail establishments accordingly. If you hang with a dog that has fleas, your probably gonna take some home with you. If I go to the mall I park in front of a designer store, not Sears, Macys, etc. Anywhere a bus brings in the masses to shop I avoid. So far this has worked well for me.
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #161
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
I try to avoid Walmart as much as I can, but sometimes, its unavoidable. I usually manage to find a few good cars to park next to or between while avoiding the shopping cart bays and stray carts. If theres a stray cart within eye sight of my car ill take the time to move it to a bay. Youre right, malls are the all time worst. Ive parked at the mall maybe once in a year and was nervous as all hell. The remaining times ive gone to the mall we took the wife's car.
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #162
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

What Matic and jmaynard said is very true. I personally havent experienced these things but I can at least assure you, if something like that did happen, I would probably change my tune. But in the mean time, if it isnt broke, dont fix it.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #163
Ladyz28

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 2001 Ford Focus
I don't stress over it, but I've had my share of bad luck with parking lots. Just today the landscapers at my work decided to leaf blow the parking lot right my way. After washing it yesterday there is now a layer of sand all over the drivers side. They couldn't wait 5 minutes until 5 when most everone would be gone. Yeah I had a few choice words with the crew.
Ladyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #164
Hellrazor

Drives: 2018 white redline edition
I've actually been sitting in my driver's seat 3-4 times through the years in parking lots waiting for my wife and have had cars pull up and park next to me, swing their door open and proceed to whack the heck out of my door. If that's what happens when I'm in the car I shudder to think what happens when it's unattended and a Camaro to boot. I park very carefully with the Camaro and I avoid shopping malls, bars, movie theaters, restaurants and Wal-Mart while driving it. I have other cars for that.
Hellrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #165
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Just do this:
Attached Images

SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #166
TrillChevyRyda

Drives: 2011 2SS Camaro/79 Caprice LS
dont let your worries outweigh your enjoyment of the car...why have it, if your scared to drive it around/park it in public?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #167
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrillChevyRyda View Post
dont let your worries outweigh your enjoyment of the car...why have it, if your scared to drive it around/park it in public?
Assuming too much.