Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #29
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
I'm in, will be great fun to travel in convoy
Old 10-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #30
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Absolutely... if you're going you better join in with the convoy...

Quite sure we will have a meeting time/place in the Katy area just West of Houston on I-10. A lot of our club members live out that way...

BB better roll with us too this year...
sounds like a plan
Old 10-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #31
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Good news and Bad news

Good News:
I got a new job at Texas A&M University as a security officer. Great pay, amazing benefits, and an excellent stepping stone to becoming a police officer in the future. Semi dream job and I can provide for my family much better. Also Camaro in the much nearer future.

Bad News:
Due to new job I may not (probably won't) have enough vacation time accumulated to be able to attend C5FII That means I will be missing it yet again.

Hopefully I can still make it, if not I will be making C5FIII and hopefully by then I will have my Camaro.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #32
Wellillbedamned
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Wellillbedamned on the road again.. I'm in.
Wellillbedamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:17 AM   #33
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Gotta love Comp time......I may be able to make fest after all. Keeping my fingers crossed
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #34
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

ok, haven't seen anything posted regarding a meet up spot yet for the Wednesday morning of 13th April (I've heard 6am in the Katy area) - so how about the Cinemark Cinema I-10 at Grand Parkway (SH-99) ? It's on the North side of the I-10 so is heading in the right direction and I'm guessing most people would pass it on the way to SA anyway.

Just throwing this out there as an idea but I'm happy to go with the majority.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #35
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Yep, in order to hit the 9am leave time set for San Antonio, leaving Katy at 6am is pushing it. Regular drive time from Katy to the SA location is right about 3 hours.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #36
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Yep, in order to hit the 9am leave time set for San Antonio, leaving Katy at 6am is pushing it. Regular drive time from Katy to the SA location is right about 3 hours.
I wont be at the HTCC meeting on Saturday but I'm open to an earlier departure if that is what is agreed. I'll check in for time and location updates though
Old 03-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #37
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Hey,

Sorry some of this has been so long in coming, but,

The departure location is the Marriot at the Rim, in San Antonio at 9:00 am the 13th of April...

I know some of the Houston folks are staying there, but some will be driving in... I have a couple from Florida staying at my house the night before, and they will also be traveling with the Central Texas gang... There should be six or eight cars meeting you guys near Junction, and then we will all hopefully meet up with the DFW group at the IH 10 IH 20 interchange...

We will be stopping Ft Stockton Texas for lunch.. There is a BBQ place, Rix pit BBq, that normally closes from 2 - 5, but he is going to stay open for us, and have everything stocked... He also has parking for everyone...

This should prevent us from having to worry about trying to eat at six different places and waiting on service.

Our lunch arrival is scheduled for between 2:00 and 2:15 pm.

I do need to exchange phone numbers with a couple of you so we can coordinate the different meet areas and I can get some final numbers...

If any are interested, PM me you cell number, and I'll reply with mine.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #38
68blk/yel396

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS
C5Fest II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey,

Sorry some of this has been so long in coming, but,

The departure location is the Marriot at the Rim, in San Antonio at 9:00 am the 13th of April...

I know some of the Houston folks are staying there, but some will be driving in... I have a couple from Florida staying at my house the night before, and they will also be traveling with the Central Texas gang... There should be six or eight cars meeting you guys near Junction, and then we will all hopefully meet up with the DFW group at the IH 10 IH 20 interchange...

We will be stopping Ft Stockton Texas for lunch.. There is a BBQ place, Rix pit BBq, that normally closes from 2 - 5, but he is going to stay open for us, and have everything stocked... He also has parking for everyone...

This should prevent us from having to worry about trying to eat at six different places and waiting on service.

Our lunch arrival is scheduled for between 2:00 and 2:15 pm.

I do need to exchange phone numbers with a couple of you so we can coordinate the different meet areas and I can get some final numbers...

If any are interested, PM me you cell number, and I'll reply with mine.
I will be taking the co-ordination lead for the H-Town Camaro Club that will be departing from Katy early on the morning of the 13th. We have a club meeting this coming Saturday and I will be getting with our group to make suere we are all on the same page and we depart on-time to meet-up with your group in San Antonio. I co-ordinated our group last year.

Glad to hear about the BBQ lunch stop that you have arranged. Sounds like we will have the RUN of the place. Looking forward to seeing you again !!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #39
68blk/yel396

C5Fest II

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Yep...................I was thinking more like 5:30 AM..............but hey that's why we all got CAMAROs.............to be able to get places quickly as necessary. More to come for the HTCC group at the monthly meeting this Saturday !!!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:40 AM   #40
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
You all read my mind! Texas barbecue sounds great! Going to be a great week! Now I just need to remember all the screen names to actual faces. See you all real soon!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2011, 04:29 AM   #41
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
You all read my mind! Texas barbecue sounds great! Going to be a great week! Now I just need to remember all the screen names to actual faces. See you all real soon!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Hey CruznSS,

If you are traveling with Blackhawk6, you will be coming through Texas with the DFW area gang. They will be on IH 20, not IH 10... Camaro21 and Blackhawk are running that part to my knowledge.... I hope they have some information for you in that regard. you are welcome to come and roll with us, but that will be about 5 extra hours of driving for you Tuesday when you guys hit Texas...

I'll get ahold of Camaro21 and see what the scoop is on that end... and try to get him or Blackhawk6 to pass along the information...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:42 AM   #42
68blk/yel396

C5Fest II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPaul View Post
ok, haven't seen anything posted regarding a meet up spot yet for the Wednesday morning of 13th April (I've heard 6am in the Katy area) - so how about the Cinemark Cinema I-10 at Grand Parkway (SH-99) ? It's on the North side of the I-10 so is heading in the right direction and I'm guessing most people would pass it on the way to SA anyway.

Just throwing this out there as an idea but I'm happy to go with the majority.
Paul,

We will be discussing at the HTCC meeting this Saturday evening. Noticed you will not be able to make the meeting................so keep an eye on our forum....................I started a thread to keep all Houston area travelers posted: http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/show...ip-Information