Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 02-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
57pan

Drives: 06 Electraglide
Best way to buy in the Northwest?

I'm getting tired of studying up on the Camaro and am ready to buy. I hate dealing with the normal bs at most dealers and am of course looking for the best deal. Hoping to use USAA discount and any other that I may qualify for. Who are the best dealers to deal with between Seatle and Portland area? And have you had the good luck with internet sales?
57pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
best deal is normally to order it via a dealership. friendly in Puyallup normally will give you a good deal doing it that way, No up charge on the MSRP.

also listen intently to what people say on here & join a local camaro club lol

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Another option if you don't want to wait on delivery is to use the chevy site to search for the specific model you want.

Go in ahead of time with a firm offer slightly below MSRP. If they don't like it, walk away.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
67MellowYellow

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM M6
I bought from Roy Robinson Chevrolet in Marysville and had a great experience. I also found Sunset Chevrolet to offer MSRP pricing or less before any of the other dealers I spoke to. Sunset is mod friendly also and sells one of the super charged modified cars with warranty too, don't remember which brand though.
67MellowYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Do you have a USAA Card?
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
tlcamaro

Drives: 68 Camaro, 2010 Camaro RS/SS, 2011
Sunset Chev. in Sumner. Talk to Joe Karuza. They have a Hennesseyaand are getting an SLP. Camaro soon.
tlcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #7
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
If you're willing to make a small road trip out of it to Enterprise, Oregon in gorgeous Wallowa County, I whole heartedly recommend Terry Decker of Milligan Motors. That's who we bought our Camaro from and wouldn't hesitate to buy any Chevrolet from him. He'll make a deal under MSRP for sure.

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #8
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Koenig in Port Angeles was one of the only dealers that I talked to directly that had a deep respect and understanding of Customer Service and what it meant.. CamaroScotty stand up guy if you want to got out of state. I would make a list spent some time on the phone and if they cannot answer some basic question (MSRP, USAA, and such) then cross them out and move on. Find a core of about 3 to 4 and get more detailed from there. Not sure on the USAA and things like Costco discounts I was a pre order back in Oct 08.. and was priced at MSRP no mark-ups.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #9
57pan

Drives: 06 Electraglide
Thanks for the responses. GrnMchin that is a great idea to call and get an idea about some basic questions (MSRP, USAA, and Credit Union discounts ?). I have gotten frustrated talking with salesmen face to face who end up not being able to answer your questions, or have no authority to make a sale on their own anyway. Camaro Scotty yes I do have a USAA card, been a member since 2000.
57pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
scifisteve

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I just picked up my 2LT RS White Last Friday.
Used the Usaa web site and started building my car . What I did not know was when I did it alerted the top 3 dealers that i was looking.
Within 15 min people were calling me. not so cool but they were stuck with selling to me for $51.00 over invoice and the $ 750.00 Disc. they have right now.
The dealer closest to me had the style I was looking for.
That turned out to be Parkland Chevrolet and Larry Ryan(salesman)
They were very nice and I had a trade too.If you don't have a trade to help with the tax most of the Usaa savings goes to the tax.
Love the White.. V6 is very cool and fast but engine sound is kinda thin .
My wife hates car dealers ,I don't mind it. (Larry made it very easy on this one)
Attached Images

scifisteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:37 AM   #11
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
I know it's a long way over to the dry side of Washington, but my dealer has been great to work with and I've purchased three vehicles from in him in the past couple of years.

Another dealer is Titus-Will in Olympia. Ask for Jack Maurins.
chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #12
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57pan View Post
Thanks for the responses. GrnMchin that is a great idea to call and get an idea about some basic questions (MSRP, USAA, and Credit Union discounts ?). I have gotten frustrated talking with salesmen face to face who end up not being able to answer your questions, or have no authority to make a sale on their own anyway. Camaro Scotty yes I do have a USAA card, been a member since 2000.
Another area on this site to check is the Camaro pricing there is a list of dealer at MSRP or better.. I see some have posted dealers that were over MSRP and customer service sucked (some tried to BS me when I new more then them, other over MSRP by 5k plus)..They may have changed their ways, but once the dealer makes that choice to make a buck rather then a customer you will always be on my never buy from list.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #13
smeagal74

Drives: 2000 durango,2010 ss
friendly chevy

i bought mine at friendly chevy and would not recommend them for any kind of purchase there. it was one of the worst experiences i ever had dealing with a dealership. just food for thought. thanks
smeagal74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #14
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagal74 View Post
i bought mine at friendly chevy and would not recommend them for any kind of purchase there. it was one of the worst experiences i ever had dealing with a dealership. just food for thought. thanks
Ok You need to call Rick Andersen who is the owner there, let him know. They are working on the problems they have in that dealership.
Let him know who the sales person was & let him know that one of the PNWCC members told you to call him.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote