Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #71
MClarenF1

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
Any date yet on release?

i wanna know that soooo badly!!
but i'd first like to see the feel of the shifters
MClarenF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #72
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
Do the paddle shifters in true paddle-shift cars even move with the steering wheel?
C'mon, of course they do or they could never shift when turning! Ever watch F1? Ever since the intro of paddle shift they have always been on the wheel and move with it...
Old 01-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #73
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
Damn right. Shuffle steer and use the console mounted shifter.

Does the auto not have a gate where the car can be manually shifted, i.e. (+/-) ? If not so, bad on GM...

The one pictured above looks like wings for your steering wheel. They will inadvertently get bumped.

Do the paddle shifters in true paddle-shift cars even move with the steering wheel?
Gm doesn't make one for the Camaro but I do.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116908.

The tap shift buttons that GM uses can come apart fairly easy, with extended levers attached to them I can see where if bumbed with some force they could pop off.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #74
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
C'mon, of course they do or they could never shift when turning! Ever watch F1? Ever since the intro of paddle shift they have always been on the wheel and move with it...
F1 cars as do most race cars have much different steering than do our Camaros, they require minumal turning of the steering wheel to make full turns.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #75
MClarenF1

Quote:
my cousin's gtr doesnt hav steering mounted paddleshifters
Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #76
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I bought CFD's revised pistrol grip shifter with tap shift buttons. Hopefully installing this weekend. I don't think anyone's going to make a steering column mounted paddle set up.

Excited, this is a quality piece..

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #77
hot ss

Drives: aqua 2ss l99
cant you invent a module for shifting that picks up your brainwaves like the movie "Firefox"?

cmon, you know you wanna.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #78
MClarenF1

bump!
when are these coming out??
Old 01-07-2011, 06:55 AM   #79
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot ss View Post
cant you invent a module for shifting that picks up your brainwaves like the movie "Firefox"?

cmon, you know you wanna.

just don't do it in russian.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #80
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Dude! I do it no problem. Don't know what your problem is. I never bad mouthed your product or even this one, so chill out. I only pointed out that I have no problems using the buttons in any steering wheel position up to 180 off center... Don't hate cuz you can't do it or wrap your mind around doing it safely....

PS And I forgot to ask since you pissed me off about this. Why do you think it is safer to drive with one hand on the wheel while reaching for your shifter?
THANK YOUUUUU for someone finally asking that. Yes, they move with the wheel and you don't need to keep your hands at 9 and 3. Here's a simple trick, when turning everything is on the opposite side. BAM.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #81
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Are these ever coming out or did it fall through????
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #82
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
Are these ever coming out or did it fall through????
I called B&M the other day for shits and giggles and they said, "still in R&D"... Seems pretty simple to me. Can't see much R&D needed really, after you have a prototype....
Old 02-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #83
CFD

Quote:
I called B&M the other day for shits and giggles and they said, "still in R&D"... Seems pretty simple to me. Can't see much R&D needed really, after you have a prototype....
Not trying to promote my products here but a few things I noticed with the prototype. First if you look at the size of the levers and how they are mounted and then look at how they would fit with the steering wheel mounted on the car there is not enough clearence between the levers and other controls (directionals, wipers, etc) Second I am very familiar with the switches and the way they are designed with large levers mounted on them it seems that if they were tapped or bumped haphazardly the outer portion of the switch could easily pop off or after continuous useage break. The switches are activated with a rocking motion by pushing on the outer edge, with the levers attached the motion would be more top to bottom possibly causing the switch not to activate and the last thing internally there is not a lot of room for fasteners so it may be possible that they are relying on adhesives or at least on the prototypes. Again I'm not sure but these are the things that caught my attention, they are all things that could probably be overcome but to take it from prototype to a working unit would probably need these issues addressed and that takes time, if it was that easy someone would have done it already I would think.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #84
MontanaKnight

Drives: Dreaming Of the 2011 SS2 A6 - Soon
Count me in.
MontanaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote