Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
MACE 25mm Insulator

First...I must say its been a pleasure working with Steve at MACE . He's been easy to get a hold of and quick to respond to any questions or issues during initial fitment and testing. Second, they produced an outstanding, quality product that produced results without a bunch of hype.

The one thing I failed to do while testing was to take "before" temps for comparison to "after". But for all of us who have spent anytime under the hood, we all know that the IM is HOT to the touch once the engine is warmed up...and stays that way for quite some time. The following results are the "after" temps utilizing a Raytek minitemp and a FLUKE 179 K type probe.

The install was simple and straight forward, the most time was spent waiting for the gasket maker to tack up (approx 1hr) before reassembly.

The dyno sheet IS a before and after. The green line(grey for you colorblind folks) is the before...dyno'd on 5 DEC. The red is the after, 12 DEC, showing a smoothed out TQ curve and gain across 75% of the RPM band.

For the most part the photos speak for themselves so Im not going to attempt to put it into words. But, if you have questions just ask.

Oh, and yes...it is a noticeable difference in terms of the butt dyno

and here is the link to MACE for ordering:
http://www.maceengineering.com.au/ep...oducts/MI621_1 kudos to MACH
Attached Images

Last edited by hapisok; 02-15-2012 at 11:17 AM.
hapisok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Very cool! Perhaps someone here can get some temp reading just to give a wild comparison..
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

i agree...

"Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?"
Old 12-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
Victoryred69

Drives: RS Victory Red/BS V6
Mace is currently shipping over 3 different sized insulators, I'm going to keep track of temps and I'm going to attempt for vararam to fit best sized insulator. Manifold will be ported though , doubt it skew results for temps, can't wait !

I'll keep you guys posted ! Good results on your part though thanks for the investigation

2010 Camaro 2LT RS M6 VR/BS
Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill
Blacked-Out Taillights and Side Markers

Victoryred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Good job aaron.. About 10-14tq off peak would you say it looks like? Either way, the gain is very nice all the way to 5500rpm. It look like another very nice cheap ported tb type of mod
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #6
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
great stuff thanks, this looks like the next mod for me
Old 12-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Cool man. Nice peak gain for something so cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred69 View Post
Mace is currently shipping over 3 different sized insulators, I'm going to keep track of temps and I'm going to attempt for vararam to fit best sized insulator. Manifold will be ported though , doubt it skew results for temps, can't wait !

I'll keep you guys posted ! Good results on your part though thanks for the investigation
Keep me posted. I'm hoping that the 6mm fits for the VR
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #8
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Currently available or is this a prototype? I don't see them listed on the website.
Also any pics of the insulator before install? Bmorecam was saying there would be changes in the design for better flow/fitting for the LLT. Did you observe this ?
Thank-you for posting your results!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
how much does this cost
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #10
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
subscribed and thanks for doing the work for all of us LLT folks.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Can some one fill me in on the mace insulator ? I read it somewhere and forgot to inquire about it

What's it do
Old 12-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #12
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
These are revised 25mm insulators with perfect fit to the stock heads inlet and stock IM's outlet. I think mace was waiting for a few tests to come back before listing them officially on their site. Here is a direct link to the insulator and a description of what it does on their site http://www.maceengineering.com.au/ep...Products/MI621
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #13
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

here is a pic of the insulators while the gasket maker was setting up...along with a side shot.
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #14
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred69 View Post

that'll be interesting to see how that works out with varaam. one of the things i really enjoy about this forum is the ingenuity of the members and the ideas that get kicked around. the best of luck to you and the other varaam owners. once you get your initial temps you mind if i steal em and add em to this post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Currently available or is this a prototype? I don't see them listed on the website.
Also any pics of the insulator before install? Bmorecam was saying there would be changes in the design for better flow/fitting for the LLT. Did you observe this ?
Thank-you for posting your results!
the original 25mm was delayed as it was revised due to Bmorecam's recommendations to port match. i've uploaded a photo that should hopefully show that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
subscribed and thanks for doing the work for all of us LLT folks.
it was my pleasure to be a part of this and finally feel like in some small way i've contributed to the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Good job aaron.. About 10-14tq off peak would you say it looks like? Either way, the gain is very nice all the way to 5500rpm. It look like another very nice cheap ported tb type of mod
thanks Jay...glad you found these guys and got them on board. thanks for all your help. the off peak TQ is amazing. i'll post up new results once i get an updated tune from vince and then again on E85 (not necessarily in that order)...should produce some awesome gains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
how much does this cost
not to be a dick, but this post is strictly about the results from testing the insulators.