Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Looking for Interior Pictures

For Christmas I got a 1/24 scale model kit for the concept coupe. However there are no painting instructions. I searched around and couldnt find much, so I was wondering if some of you who have seen it in person have shots of the inside. I need any and all angles for the interior, there are plenty of shots of the exterior and I found enough of the engine.

Thanks for the help
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
mega_man_01103

Drives: 2011-12 Chevy Camaro
Send a message via AIM to mega_man_01103
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2432
mega_man_01103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

lol, that was posted as I wrote the above. Its good to have those shots, they help. But I need some of the rear area in particular, I know there isn't much to see back there but it would be nice to have as a referance
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-07-2008, 12:07 AM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

I really want to get going on my Camaro, I would like to see any pictures that you guys (and girls) have taken at auto shows. I want everything: shots from under the car (as best as possible), the engine bay, as well as the interior.

Also, any suggestions for the transmission? I don't think it will show in any pictures of the car. I could go with 'steel' or blue, though it will just be a plain blue and won't match the metallic sapphire blue that I have. The interior will be black with grey, similar to the proto-photo but with blue highlights in the seats. But I need to know what other details there are in the inside.

(oh and mods, feel free to move this to the 'other cars section' or 'off topic')

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-07-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Man....I know I have my link posted here somewhere... if I were a link to my pictures...where would I be??? UGH!!!! Check back to this post in a few...I'll find it.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...y=-ul1z84&Ux=0
^Dallas auto show. Take a look through those...there's a couple of the interior of the silver and some (IMO) great shots of under the concept. You might have do dig through the pix....there's a set towards the beginning and another towards the end. Going to see if I can find more...again, check back.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1
Houston auto show. Some great pix there too for ya...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:07 AM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Thanks! I got some nice details like an extra bit of colour near the rear seats, aluminum trim along the center, and what appears to be aluminum trim around white leather (which I shall make blue) along the back of the front seats. And from underneath I saw the nice aluminum dif, the red springs, and the black everything else.

Oh, and the interior will be just blue on black, plus aluminum trim

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-11-2008, 03:39 AM   #7
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
It's difficult to get close-up details with my camera, but I went with a red and black theme with the interior of the model I built. You can see the photoshop I threw together to get the color scheme as I wanted it...
Attached Images

JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #8
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Awesome!!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysonAych View Post
It's difficult to get close-up details with my camera, but I went with a red and black theme with the interior of the model I built. You can see the photoshop I threw together to get the color scheme as I wanted it...
Can I see what you did in the engine bay, particularly the transmission and the radiator?

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-12-2008, 12:19 AM   #10
JaysonAych

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Can I see what you did in the engine bay, particularly the transmission and the radiator?
Sure...I'd actually documented the assembly on another forum (as if it were something impressive ) and have some pics from that...

I'd painted the transmission a kind of gunmetal color. The chrome on the valve covers was too shiny, so I painted over that with just a silver, as well as some other chrome bits under the bay, but some parts looked better with the existing chrome. A lot of other engine bay bits went flat black...you can hardly even see the radiator when it's assembled. I painted the firewall silver, as I thought that's how it was in the photos, but after it went together, I realized that it wasn't the entire firewall that's silver, so it looks a bit funny...

And since I'm posting bits and pieces, I'll throw up the final product as well
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2008, 02:32 AM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Nice work! I tried doing that detail painting work a while back. Just wasn't something I was too good at. Great job!
Old 01-12-2008, 03:00 AM   #12
JaysonAych

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Nice work! I tried doing that detail painting work a while back. Just wasn't something I was too good at. Great job!
Thanks I used to build scale models all the time when I was younger, and this was my first foray back into it in, like, 10 years.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:13 AM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

My deal was building RC planes. I loved flying until the batteries died one day (I over charged them....didn't know that could happen!). I was preparing to take off my Eagle 2 when the batteries died causing the servos to turn and lock up. It made a VERY hard rigth on teh runway into the safety net where others were standing flying their planes. It tore it up so bad that I just ended up trashing it.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #14
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
That looks GREAT! Now I want to design and paint up my kind of Camaro!! Did the license plate come with it? Can you get the license plate to read whatever you want?