Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-31-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
bartking

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS sold 4/17/15
Cool New camaro impressions and the great looks I got driving it.

So I'm officially a proud owner of a new RJT 2LT/RS with grey interior and midnight silver wheels. Over the past 2 days and over 300 miles I have come to love my new baby in ways I didn't even think possible. Her name is Heather she's a redhead of course with gorgeous halo and HID headlights

Basically I took delivery of her on Saturday but since the wife wasn't able to drive it until today my great dealer, Jack Maxton Chevy in Westerville Ohio, let me take her home and come back with my wife to actually do the deal today. Sunday May 31st is now my new best day ever. Well ok May 29th is still my favorite day to remember since it was the day I met the wife and after the last camaro we had she said no more but she saw the car and said sure but only if you fit in it, more on that later.

Ok it's later now. I'm a big guy 6'6 320ish and mostly all torso. now you can know why she said if I could fit in it. When I went to place my order on Monday Oct 13th the first dealer I went to said $1,500 NON-Refundable deposit and at least 3K over MSRP. My wife and I went ape *stuff* thinking this would be typical of my area. We talked for a bit to see if that was a firm thing and it was so we gave up on them. On our way out they said good luck and the only dealer with more allocation would be Jack Maxton. Now I don't know if that was true or not or just some last ditch attempt at keeping us in the door but I'm very happy for them that they told us that nice piece of info. Got back in the car and drove to Jack to see if they would be better. I'm sooooo very glad we made the trip it's across town from where we live and the other crappy dealer (maybe another reason they mentioned Jack). I met my new best friend, Rich Miles, well ok maybe not my new best friend but the best car sales man I've ever had the pleasure of doing busines with. Sorry Scotty but your in Wisconsin . Anyhow I digress. He said MSRP and a $500 refundable deposit and the dealer only had 5 orders ahead of mine. I gave them my original order of a 2LT/IOM/IO with black stripes and deposit a few minutes later.

Then the wait and the horror of an extra month until production started. I mean Horror because we are leasing a 2005 Malibu that was due to run out March 25th. Fortenutely we called GMAC and they said they can extend it up to 3 months with the same payment. A little bit less stressed after that call to say the least. We had to extend it all 3 months since we didn't know if Heather would make it before June 1st (25th+7day grace period) so now I have the horrid (haha) problem of 3 cars in a 2 car garage. For all you guys still waiting please PLEASE PLEASE don't give up this car is just freaking amazing. I'm sorry I'm not such a wordsmith as this car deserves but it is just amazing even if I was a good writer I think it could be possible to loose all the words with just one look of YOUR baby. When I pulled up and first saw her I started to cry... and no it wasn't a macho cry it was all out visibly dropping down my cheeks kleenex moment. I took the first shots I will post shortly with tears in my eyes. Thank god for autofocus. I also want to give a shout out to fellow camaro5 member. He's the inventory guy that answered a bunch of my questions and helped track the car for me. Pete sorry I missed you on the first post. his ID is Pslab on camaro5.

So for those of you still reading (what's up with you? like train wrecks of a posting or what?) Here is what happened on my first drive of Heather. I pulled out of the dealer (Jack Maxton, Westerville OH.. sorry I'll stop the plugs now, and no I don't work for them) and was sitting at a stop light wating to turn left. I was prepared for getting looks but was too busy to notice on my first drive until I was stopped. Sure enough the first time I stopped there was this honda driver turning right onto the street I was leaving and boy did he have a flexible neck it fixed on me before the turn and after he passed me looking behind and he finished turning. I knew then I might not have been so prepared for all the looks I was about to get. Kept driving on my 15 or so mile test drive loop with surface streets and highways and a quick turn around in a shopping center and when I was stopped I noticed a few more people looking at me... ok not me but Heather. She was by far the best looking of the two of us. I started to have a big grin on my face that lasted till I went to sleep that night. When my wife was able to take a drive with me we drove to dinner where a bunch of cool cars hang out. We parked in the middle of two corvettes and we got some looks and someone said nice car as we left. On the drive up and back home (it was a long one again) my wife was on the lookout for gawkers... she saw alot of them as I drove... every minute or two she said we're getting checked out again. when we got home from dinner it was still light out so we decided to rest a bit and then go back out for some night driving. that's when I really got exciting. the HID's are freaking fantastic and the blue Ambient Lighting was just great... My wife, Linda (I think I should mention her at least once by name), said she's sitting in a space ship it looks so cool. Anyhow we turned around in a McDonalds drove past the folks waiting in the drive through line and before this guy could pick up his order he wipped out of line spead up to catch us before we turned back on the street and he said god that car is gorgeous and we chatted for a minute or two before the folks behind him started to honk. After that I was in a state of Perma-grin and we drove for another hour until we finally turned around at 11:30pm for the hour drive back to our house.

Today Linda got her chance to "test" drive Heather back to finish the deal at Jack Maxton Chevy in Westerville OH (sorry I lied before) and I was on gawk patrol... If there was any doubt that Linda was lying when she said we're getting looked at ever minute or two it would have been destroyed since I was saying the same damn thing... I noticed a BMW Z3, or something3 roadster with two guys in it and even they did the elastic neck trick when they passed us on the freeway (we were slowing down to get off). I was in a state of shock with all the looks we got. Going home when Linda was following me there were a few thumbs up which I gladly returned and the two most memoriable moments happened. The first was this guy in a AAA service truck (not tow truck) got on the freeway ahead of me and immediately got over in the fast lane (no traffic was there) and put on his brakes and held his hand up inside the truck. I thought he was stopping to help someone but I was wrong. he stayed in the lane and as I passed him he was jumping up and all around giving me the thumbs up and catching up to me he kept doing that for a few minutes. My wife saw the whole thing and boy was she freaking out too. We eventually hit traffic and I slowed down and he passed me... I wish I had my video camera out to take a vid of him. just in case some AAA management is in the thread seeing this I want to say he didn't do anything dangerous and I wasn't the least bit scared. he came to the fast lane when no one was in it, well ahead of Heather and I in the 2nd fast lane, so please don't get him in trouble. The second thing I remember was getting my picture taken by a passenger of a minivan with 3 rows of I think Kids in the last 2 rows and boy I hope I got my thumb up just as he took the pic I waved and the kids in the last two rows waved back... they had some tint but not enough that I couldn't see waving arms. that was my first picture (that I know of) of me driving on the freeway. Maybe if they are camaro5 members they will post it here, one could only hope. Anyhow without further ado I close the written portion of my story and on to the visual presentation. Sorry the pics aren't numerous I'm a driver not a photographer. . I however will take some requests but as I'm about to go out on a business trip to Denver for a week I might not get to them before Sunday.

Last edited by bartking; 06-01-2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Forgot my other new buddy Pete (pslab camaro5 member)
bartking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
bartking

as promised Day 1 pics

Remember these are with me tearing up a bit
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2009, 09:15 PM   #3
bartking

Day 2 pics

My good buddy Rich Miles took these for me
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
I read the whole thing my friend! Congrats...between you and I(every one who reads this) I had a tear or two when I saw my first SS flying by me down the turnpike!
Old 05-31-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Cool story..congrats.
Only ones I've seen so far are the ones marked up at the dealers
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Nice color and great story
Old 05-31-2009, 09:34 PM   #7
kellyjrt

Drives: 2010 CAMARO ABM 2LT
take some pics of the interior so we can see the color. We haven't seen anything but black, black, and more black..
kellyjrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:36 PM   #8
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
holy moly, that is a lot of reading. ill back in 10 minutes to post on what i have read....

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:43 PM   #9
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
ok. only 7 mins, but cool stories and nice car! my brain hurts tho...

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:47 PM   #10
mbavenger

Drives: 2010 2LT 00845
Hey,
First off congrats on your new wife!! I know how you feel, we picked ours up last monday. We are still getting all the looks, honks, thumbs up, and have had people actually turn around and follow us to where ever. We have had a sh)T eating grin for a week. I really love this car!!!!!!!
mbavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:47 PM   #11
bartking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjrt View Post
take some pics of the interior so we can see the color. We haven't seen anything but black, black, and more black..
Sorry about that I was meaning to take some interior pics since I too was in desperate need to see what grey looked like. I went out and took some after I read your post. Here they are from inside my cramped garage.
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2009, 10:44 PM   #12
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Oh man is that sooo sweet!
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:56 PM   #13
spi

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Send a message via MSN to spi Send a message via Yahoo to spi
nice story, congrats on getting your car....hopefully mine comes in soon too so i can get the rockstar treatment your getting

VIN# 2G1FK1EJ0A9106637
spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:57 PM   #14
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Nice story, enjoyed the read.

Mine is being delivered straight to my front door tomorrow and I'm feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve tonight.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote