Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
Blackfly

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS/ 2011 Camaro SS
Thumbs down Lone Star Chevrolet - Customer Service 2011 Camaro SS

EPIC FAIL!

I don't want to write a book so I will try to be concise.

Story:
I bought my 2011 SS June 22nd from Lone Star Chevrolet. For the next three weeks it seemed to rain every day (except the weekend of the 3rd). I washed my car for the first time on Saturday July 10th. I noticed a flaw in the paint and scratches on my rear deck stripe decal. That next week my plates came in, I showed my salesman the scratches on the rear deck and the paint flaw. The salesman said the paint flaw would be taken care of and he would discuss the issue with his manager- "bring it in and we will get you taken care of". That weekend I brought my car in on a Saturday and I spoke with my sales guy and reminded him of the issue with the stripe decal he told me his manager would not fix it but he would talk to the body shop to see if they could buff it out.

I picked my car up the next week on Tuesday. I was informed the bodyshop could do nothing and I would have to discuss the matter with the sales manager. I immediately asked to speak to the sales manager. The sales manager came out and said because it has been too long since I bought the car he would not correct my issue. I explained to him It had been raining since I bought the car and I notified my sales person Immediately after discovering the issues. I asked to speak to the next level of management as this (scratches to the decal) was done prior to buying the vehicle. I explained I only use microfiber to wash my car and I know not to use anything as abrasive as whatever was used to make "those" scratches. While the sales manager was explaining to his General sales manager the issue, he made the comment that there were no scratches at the top of the decal just near the bottom (spoiler area)

When the GM of sales finally came over, he looked at my car and the decal, I explained my issue again. I showed him what I use to clean and spot clean the car (i had a micro fiber towel/mitt and ICE detailer's spray). The GM of sales then began to rub my decal with his fingers and stated by just rubbing briskly "creating heat" with his fingers the "light surface scratches" came off and If I brought it in he would have his buffer guy fix it and if that didnt work he would look into getting it replaced "just bring it in we will get you taken care of" I asked If I had his word that he would take care of it and he said "yes, that should come out no problem. See, it comes out when you apply some pressure and heat while rubbing. If it does not come out to my satisfaction, I mean, OUR satisfaction I will see what we can do about replacing it, just don't let anyone touch it". While he was rubbing with his fingers his watch was scratching the decal even more...and worse - as in deep scratches, not "surface scratches". I stopped him and showed him what he was doing. He said he didn't do that, I said "yes sir you did, you did that with your watch" he said "no I didn't" (i didnt want to argue with him as he just said he would take care of it either by buffing or replacing it- choose your battles right?) I said "ok, your going to fix this right? I have your word? right? He said "Yes come back this Saturday in the morning we will get it fixed up for you".

So today is Saturday. I took it in. There is a big event going on and some Corporate GM people were there. The GM of sales comes over to me with his buff guy asks for my key's and to "wait here make yourself at home I will be right back". I watched him walk out to my car look at my stripes then came back to me and asked me to follow him. he said someone is messin' with you", "what?" I replied. we get to the car and he points to the scratches he did with his watch and said "someone is messin' with you!

Me: No sir. you did that with your watch when I brought this in to show you the scratches in the first place...remember? I even stopped you and showed you what you were doing. There were no scratches on the top portion of the decal, your manager pointed that out to you!

GM of Sales: No that is not true. Those scratches were not there when we looked at it a few days ago.

Me: Your right. when I brought the car in for you to look at you rubbed your fingers all over those areas and scratched the decals, I pointed that out to you.

GM of sales: You know what. I'm DONE with you. I'm not fixing it. I don't deal with LIARS!

^ that comment right theref*#@*ng pissed me off- I went from 0-60 right there. f*#@*ng call me a liar.

Me:Your calling me a liar. You f*#@*ng scratched this up with your watch when you were rubbing the decal with your hand! There were no other scratches on this decal except here near the spoiler! I f*#@*ng told you 3 days ago about what you did and you said you would get it taken care of. Your manager even mentioned to you there were no scratches near the top . YOU DID THAT! NOW I f*#@*ng EXPECT YOU TO FIX IT LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD.

GM of sales: I'm not fixing anything I'm DONE.

Two paid-duty cops showed up, allot of people were watching, and the GM of sales said I need to be "removed from the property, I'm not fixing anything." "get him outa' here"

The officers said I was making a scene and I have to leave before I am arrested for trespassing. Because I was making a scene...? I thought police officers were supposed to protect civilians rights.

What kind of world do we live in when we THINK we have rights but in reality when we try to exercise those rights we are shadowed by the fact our attempt is futile.

What can one do?

***I added Meta tags for the Search engines and spiders***

<meta name="description" content="DONT BUY FROM LONE STAR CHEVROLET! Very bad experience with the General Sales manager at Lone Star Chevrolet in Houston, Texas. Customer service experience at Lone Star Chevrolet in Houston, Texas was worst experience ever. I was told one thing then when I brought my car in I was called a Liar then asked to leave by Jersey Village PD.">
<meta name="keywords" content="DONT BUY FROM LONE STAR CHEVROLET! Lone Star Chevrolet, Customer Service, 2011 Camaro SS, Houston, Texas, New Car, Incentives, Sale">

================
2002 Black/Black SS- Finally! 350RWHP!
2011 IOM Camaro 2SS
Automotive Blog- Cars, Fast cars and Faster Cars!

Last edited by Blackfly; 08-11-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Blackfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Typical Chevy dealership to be honest...some of the most dishonest people in the world!

Contact GM HQs through their 1800 number or maybe try to go to another dealership and see what they say...

Sorry it all went down that way...but honestly, I'd rather have a root canal than go to a dealership!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
WOW.. i couldn't imagine my local GM dealership doing all that... too easy to bash them publicly
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I got a bad vibe when I went in to Lone Star Chevrolet to talk about getting a Camaro. Couldn't put my finger on it at the time but something just hit me wrong in everything they had to say. Never set foot on their property again. Sorry to hear of the way they treated you. Take your business down to Champion Chevrolet on Hwy 6 or Classic Chevrolet in Sugar Land.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Fry them on the survey you get too. You will get a survey with a 1-4 grading system I believe. I would give them 1's all across the board. The GM will HATE that.

Just spread the word on how they treated you, it's awesome how fast bad publicity spreads for a shitty car dealership.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #6
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
What an A-hole.. GM service departments just suck in general. (It may be a blanket statment, but enough dealers fit under that blanket, to make it an accurate statement)
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
That is probably the same sales manager that told me in February of '09 (yes less than a month before production started) that the Camaro would not be made till 2014-2016 and would cost around 45K starting with only about 20-30K made a year and all V8's. But they would be more than happy to take 5 grand and put my name on the list of buyers. The whole time he was talking to me he was leaning with his fist on the rear decklid of a Z06 Corvette with atleast 2 very large rings on
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
We shall see how my experience goes with Lone Star. I'm taking my Camaro in for several problems (notchy shifting, clutch doesn't fully disengage, suspension is jacked, muffler drone, horrible engine braking (feels like a roller coaster)). I am schedule for an appt tuesday so we shall see.

I am always weary of dealers... Joe Meyer's ****ed me over on my old Shelby's clutch because I was 1 week out of warranty. That damn near sent me over the edge.

I'm sorry he was being a jack off. Wonder if it was the same guy I dealt with when I bought my car...

Only reason I bought my Camaro there was they were overpaying for my GT500.

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Lay down a little rubber and ugly up their parking lot

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:31 AM   #10
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
thats where i bought my car... regret it still to this day!

all they care about is the sale!

they tried selling me this paint warranty crap, and i kept telling them no, i only want GAP insurance, so the guy said they were just going to include it anyway... well my first rock chip i go in and tell them i have this paint waranty you said will cover anything that happens to the paint with the exception of accidents... "Ohh rock chip aren't covered, only things like bugs coming off and removing the paint would be covered!"

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #11
PB3

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS/GFX/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
Lay down a little rubber and ugly up their parking lot
Bwahaha! Yes!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #12
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
thats where i bought my car... regret it still to this day!

all they care about is the sale!

they tried selling me this paint warranty crap, and i kept telling them no, i only want GAP insurance, so the guy said they were just going to include it anyway... well my first rock chip i go in and tell them i have this paint waranty you said will cover anything that happens to the paint with the exception of accidents... "Ohh rock chip aren't covered, only things like bugs coming off and removing the paint would be covered!"
I'm trying to get out from under my purchase there...

I go in for service tomorrow. I have the TSB's printed and the whole nine yards. They damn well better fix my Camaro.

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:23 AM   #13
firstmate

Drives: 2010 Blk/Gry SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
I got a bad vibe when I went in to Lone Star Chevrolet to talk about getting a Camaro. Couldn't put my finger on it at the time but something just hit me wrong in everything they had to say. Never set foot on their property again. Sorry to hear of the way they treated you. Take your business down to Champion Chevrolet on Hwy 6 or Classic Chevrolet in Sugar Land.
What he said!!! PM sent with additional info...

Good luck to you!!!
VIN #2386
Delivered 6-11-09 - Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Houston locals--------

Join the H-Town Camaro Club
www.H-TownCamaroClub.com
firstmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #14
Joe Healy

Drives: Camaro SS
This is a response to the issue in your postings. I know that most people will see the truth and come to the right conclusion after reading your demands.

First and foremost on behalf of Lone Star Chevrolet and our management team we sincerely tried to work with you with utmost class and ethics.

As specified Lone Star Chevrolet was more than willing to have you bring your 2011 Camaro 2SS down to the dealership to buff the scratches. In the event the buff did not produce a clean fix we were willing to replace the decals.

Lone Star Chevrolet is proud to have won the prestigious Dealer of the Year for 9 years and counting because of extraordinary sales and service.

This is nothing more than Highway Robbery!

Here is the outlook he sent to me with his request:

Quote:
For the insult to my character and the embarrassment of being kicked off your lot while trying to resolve an honest issue...I think the items listed below are reasonable considering potential loss of sales and damage to customer service expectations. At your cost, I am sure it is an inexpensive commitment.
Quote:
I would like:

My stripes replaced.
The LS9 Supercharger. Installed. Maintain my full bumper to bumper warranty.
The full ground effects package offered for the 2011 2SS
Upgraded wheel package (21” Black Painted Aluminum wheels)
GM performance exhaust
Heritage Grill insert
Onstar for term of Purchase (6 years) non transferable.

Or

A Refund of $7,000

What would make you happy?

Joe G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfly View Post
EPIC FAIL!

I don't want to write a book so I will try to be concise.

Story:
I bought my 2011 SS June 22nd from Lone Star Chevrolet. For the next three weeks it seemed to rain every day (except the weekend of the 3rd). I washed my car for the first time on Saturday July 10th. I noticed a flaw in the paint and scratches on my rear deck stripe decal. That next week my plates came in, I showed my salesman the scratches on the rear deck and the paint flaw. The salesman said the paint flaw would be taken care of and he would discuss the issue with his manager- "bring it in and we will get you taken care of". That weekend I brought my car in on a Saturday and I spoke with my sales guy and reminded him of the issue with the stripe decal he told me his manager would not fix it but he would talk to the body shop to see if they could buff it out.

I picked my car up the next week on Tuesday. I was informed the bodyshop could do nothing and I would have to discuss the matter with the sales manager. I immediately asked to speak to the sales manager. The sales manager came out and said because it has been too long since I bought the car he would not correct my issue. I explained to him It had been raining since I bought the car and I notified my sales person Immediately after discovering the issues. I asked to speak to the next level of management as this (scratches to the decal) was done prior to buying the vehicle. I explained I only use microfiber to wash my car and I know not to use anything as abrasive as whatever was used to make "those" scratches. While the sales manager was explaining to his General sales manager the issue, he made the comment that there were no scratches at the top of the decal just near the bottom (spoiler area)

When the GM of sales finally came over, he looked at my car and the decal, I explained my issue again. I showed him what I use to clean and spot clean the car (i had a micro fiber towel/mitt and ICE detailer's spray). The GM of sales then began to rub my decal with his fingers and stated by just rubbing briskly "creating heat" with his fingers the "light surface scratches" came off and If I brought it in he would have his buffer guy fix it and if that didnt work he would look into getting it replaced "just bring it in we will get you taken care of" I asked If I had his word that he would take care of it and he said "yes, that should come out no problem. See, it comes out when you apply some pressure and heat while rubbing. If it does not come out to my satisfaction, I mean, OUR satisfaction I will see what we can do about replacing it, just don't let anyone touch it". While he was rubbing with his fingers his watch was scratching the decal even more...and worse - as in deep scratches, not "surface scratches". I stopped him and showed him what he was doing. He said he didn't do that, I said "yes sir you did, you did that with your watch" he said "no I didn't" (i didnt want to argue with him as he just said he would take care of it either by buffing or replacing it- choose your battles right?) I said "ok, your going to fix this right? I have your word? right? He said "Yes come back this Saturday in the morning we will get it fixed up for you".

So today is Saturday. I took it in. There is a big event going on and some Corporate GM people were there. The GM of sales comes over to me with his buff guy asks for my key's and to "wait here make yourself at home I will be right back". I watched him walk out to my car look at my stripes then came back to me and asked me to follow him. he said someone is messin' with you", "what?" I replied. we get to the car and he points to the scratches he did with his watch and said "someone is messin' with you!

Me: No sir. you did that with your watch when I brought this in to show you the scratches in the first place...remember? I even stopped you and showed you what you were doing. There were no scratches on the top portion of the decal, your manager pointed that out to you!

GM of Sales: No that is not true. Those scratches were not there when we looked at it a few days ago.

Me: Your right. when I brought the car in for you to look at you rubbed your fingers all over those areas and scratched the decals, I pointed that out to you.

GM of sales: You know what. I'm DONE with you. I'm not fixing it. I don't deal with LIARS!

^ that comment right there ****n' pissed me off- I went from 0-60 right there. ****ing call me a liar.

Me:Your calling me a liar. You ****ing scratched this up with your watch when you were rubbing the decal with your hand! There were no other scratches on this decal except here near the spoiler! I ****ing told you 3 days ago about what you did and you said you would get it taken care of. Your manager even mentioned to you there were no scratches near the top . YOU DID THAT! NOW I ****ING EXPECT YOU TO FIX IT LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD.

GM of sales: I'm not fixing anything I'm DONE.

Two paid-duty cops showed up, allot of people were watching, and the GM of sales said I need to be "removed from the property, I'm not fixing anything." "get him outa' here"

The officers said I was making a scene and I have to leave before I am arrested for trespassing. Because I was making a scene...? I thought police officers were supposed to protect civilians rights.

What kind of world do we live in when we THINK we have rights but in reality when we try to exercise those rights we are shadowed by the fact our attempt is futile.

What can one do?

Last edited by Joe Healy; 08-10-2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: quote tags
Joe Healy is offline   Reply With Quote