View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 11:37 AM   #8
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23
Trunk space feels deeper than the 5th gen. But I believe that is from the slightly narrower entry into the trunk.
There's a NARROWER entry for the trunk!!! One thing I was hoping for would have been a Larger entry to the trunk, not that I use the trunk a lot...but when you look at the back end of the car it looks like it could be bigger than it is (the trunk entry). I was hoping for a little bigger entry for the 6th Gen, but in reality it sure won't be a deal breaker.

Quote:
I'm 6'1" and had two guys get in after me that were 6'2" and 6'6" respectively. Once you get the seat set up right, we all fit with room to move and without feeling cramped or constrained.
I'm VERY glad you mentioned this. I found measurements online about Front Headroom, but nothing beats tall people who have physically sat in the vehicle.

There is still one thing that concerns me though and I will explain it. Take two people, one who is 6'2" and one who is 6'6" and sit them on the ground (on their butts) with their backs to a wall and their legs straight out. The 6'6" guys legs would very well stick out farther than the 6'2" guy...BUT...the top of the 6'2" guys head MAY be higher than the guy who is 6'6" (despite the fact that if they were standing up, the 6'6" guy would obviously be taller) reason being is that some people are all legs and some have their height from the waist up. I feel that I am more of a waist up guy as sometimes I have a hard time finding shirts that are long enough to tuck into my pants well without pulling out.

Not fitting well (with headroom) would be a deal breaker for me, but I have heard from several sources that the seats go even lower than the 5th Gen's did, and I won't be able to make my official call until I am IN a 6th Gen Camaro...only time will tell.

Quote:
I wish we could get rid of the govt mandated warning labels on the visors.
I do too, I even saw a website that sells stickers that go over those and black them out. Here is a link for them from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Visor-Label-Ov.../dp/B005VHLZRO

Quote:
No gas cap.
Really? Maybe it's just a little flip door that the gas pump pushes it's way through? Doesn't bother me too much, as I am certain that they tested it and it doesn't leak gas, but it is a little strange.