Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How to Wire Footwell Lighting (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54183)

bigsquirrel 04-29-2010 11:36 PM

Thanks for the write up, I used Oznium led panels, it was very simple.

SynerJersey110 05-07-2010 10:41 AM

Thanks Tony,
I followed your wiring advice & hooked up my footwell lighting, and it works GREAT !!! I'll post pics in a few, working nights this week. Secured passenger seat light under glove box, fit right in. Driver's side lined up well, also. I even lucked out by using one inverter. AAC sent two dual lead inverters, so I used just one and it worked like a charm

Greatness 05-13-2010 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i DID MINE!! looks swweettt ur directions helped tremendously tony heres the finished product :)

TonyNo 05-13-2010 11:05 PM

All look great!

CAMARO_MOW 05-14-2010 07:54 AM

Very nice!

Pirate 05-14-2010 11:37 AM

I have been contemplating this for the footwells. My thought is can using the LED (dome) style light with a 194 socket mounted in the footwell do the same thing? Tap both sockets into the dome light wiring to get the same effect as the dome light theater lighting. This lights should be bright enough to light the footwell if mounted for maximum effect. Thoughts?

SpeedFreak5 05-14-2010 06:18 PM

Does anyone know where the fuse to the light in the trunk is. I think I blew it when I replaced the OEM bulb with Blue LED bulb. I nicked the metal when I was putting the cover back in while the light was on, because it is always on when the trunk is open. There was a big spark and then nothing. :mad0259: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Could it be the Trunk fuse in the Instrument Panel Fuse Block?

TonyNo 05-14-2010 11:06 PM

Trunk light is on a breaker.

SummoneR 05-14-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyNo (Post 1857788)
Trunk light is on a breaker.

Which means once you cycle the ignition it should work again.

Greatness 05-15-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak5 (Post 1856644)
Does anyone know where the fuse to the light in the trunk is. I think I blew it when I replaced the OEM bulb with Blue LED bulb. I nicked the metal when I was putting the cover back in while the light was on, because it is always on when the trunk is open. There was a big spark and then nothing. :mad0259: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Could it be the Trunk fuse in the Instrument Panel Fuse Block?

Same exact thing happened to my friend who helped install mine lol i was like oh crap u just shot the bulb but then he took it out and blew on it and waied a second then put it back and it lit back up so try again i suppose.

Camaro743 05-20-2010 09:31 PM

I'm sorry to bring this thread back from the dead everyone!! But I have a question!

Can some one who has installed the footwell lighting give me a list of all supplies needed for this to work? I know I need the footwell lighting, a t-tap, and what else?

"I took the two black (negative) wires, cut them to a good length, stripped them, crimped on a spade/ring terminal, and attached it to that bolt mentioned earlier. See the fifth pic.

I attached the t-tap mating terminal to a fuse holder, connected this to the red (positive) wires, and plugged it in. I then tucked the wires in behind the console and generally spiffed up the wiring before I snapped the console side covers back into place."

And could someone please clarify this? I don't know how to crimp a wire, or what a spade/ring terminal is. I don't know what a fuse holder is either lol. And is there any instructions on how to pull back the console so you can thread the wires through like the OP said?

I'm sorry for all the questions..any help would be appreciated!
use small words please.. :)

domano 68 05-21-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakefeb3 (Post 1228182)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1255895509
In this photo, it looks like a purple wire and another(?) wire

What does this connector do?

qbert48 05-21-2010 08:24 AM

dash ABL thats what i used mine for

Buhmblbe 05-23-2010 03:52 PM

Thank you sooo much for this post.:respekt: I took it one step further. I ran a constant 12V line to the interior and set up my own fuse box(thanks wizzer) then ran the power from that and the dome light tap to a common switch (I used double pole double throw-center off...I read post #54 but wanted the center off option as well and truthfully couldn't figure out how a SPDT would work) which I mounted under the driver's dash. End result=I now have three options with one switch:thumbup:
1-Always On
2-Always Off
3-Only on when the dome is on
Also, I used lights that can alternate between constant on or be switched to pulse to blink with the music.:happyanim:(Go Solid Gold Dancers...boy am I old:facepalm:)
I'll post pictures and a how to when I get my camera from my office tomorrow if anyone is interested.
(Yes I know...:needpics:)