Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   ported intake, heads and headers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184061)

scrubby43 11-23-2011 01:24 PM

ported intake, heads and headers

12 Attachment(s)
Ok , i wanted to let everyone know about a project I started with my friends at RDZmotorsports. I've been thinking about how to get more power out of our engine without going FI route. I recalled reading about another member who worked on porting and polishing a set of heads and intake, but never finished by putting the heads and intake on the car. I decided this was the next best thing to FI. So attached are pics of the project. The car was put back together yesterday a trial run was made and datalogged. The log was sent to trifecta for analysis. Here is vince's reply.

"The log you sent was very interesting.

Under full throttle, normally these things show a bunch of knock retard, always. This one showed very little – it was able to run an amazing amount of timing. This should translate into some decent power gains. Fuel looked a little lean, and the trims were off slightly but it looked pretty good."

Tuesday the car will be put on a dyno and some fine tuning will be done with Vince at Trifecta. Ill let you know the results then.

bcperry 11-23-2011 01:31 PM

looks VERY promising! Also looks like it'll cost a fortune for the rest of us. LOL Keep us posted with the numbers!

mhog 11-23-2011 01:34 PM

All right!! That's what I want to see!! :bow::bow:

mhog 11-23-2011 01:38 PM

What does the butt dyno tell you?

Willt1984 11-23-2011 01:40 PM

Subscribed! :popcorn: :clap:

bmorecam 11-23-2011 01:43 PM

What was done exactly and how was it ported? I only see the gasket matched head inlet and outlet of intake manifold.

and same here with KR. I am only seeing around 5 max pass 4k rpm to redline on wot and this is only with the insulator and ported intake manifold. The AFR also went rich after the stg3 porting to 11's.

I would love to see the result:chevy:

scrubby43 11-23-2011 01:51 PM

What does the butt dyno tell you?

Have not driven the car yet. I'll let you know once I get the car back.

What was done exactly and how was it ported? I only see the gasket matched head inlet and outlet of intake manifold.

The intake was ported to match the gasket as was the head intake ports, the inlets were also machined to clean up flash and rough casting from the manufacturing of the heads and intake. The same applies to the exhaust ports, they were opened to match the headers ports.

mhog 11-23-2011 01:54 PM

Any valve work?

scrubby43 11-23-2011 02:02 PM

Any valve work?

No valve work just opening up the air inlets and exhausts to allow for increase in airflow. we are hoping by opening all systems up there will be a much more significant horsepower increase. The signs are there that something positive is going on, we need to work on the air/fuel and then we will see on the dyno.

hapisok 11-23-2011 02:03 PM

looks good...:popcorn:

bmorecam 11-23-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhog (Post 4067554)
Any valve work?

That was my next question. Valve seats, bowls? any of those has been reworked? I think either way you should see a healthy gain:)

hapisok 11-23-2011 02:05 PM

did you have it flow tested, before/after?

scrubby43 11-23-2011 02:11 PM

did you have it flow tested, before/after?

No flow testing. I followed what one of the other members did but never finished. I recall him doing some flow testing but do not recall the numbers.

scrubby43 11-23-2011 02:20 PM

If anyone wants to see more pics there are a lot more on RDZmotorsports facebook page.