Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-18-2009, 05:44 AM   #1709
y2k10camaross

Drives: y2k SS, y2k10 2SS/RS
Hey Okie.....I've got my fingers crossed for you. I hope you find her in the lot waiting for you to pick her up. Good Luck!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 05:50 AM   #1710
okie2

Drives: RJT 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k10camaross View Post
Hey Okie.....I've got my fingers crossed for you. I hope you find her in the lot waiting for you to pick her up. Good Luck!!!
Thanks. I recall reading one of those "motivational" poems. I don't remember the whole thing, but it said, "I had no shoes and complained until I met a man who had no feet."

I guess when I read about you guys just now crossing the boarder, it puts things in perspective and makes me feel like I have no right to complain!

Hopefully by the end of this week all of the 9/28ers will be happy Camaro owners and we'll flood this forum with so many pics the mods will have to shut us down!
okie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:02 AM   #1711
y2k10camaross

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie2 View Post
Thanks. I recall reading one of those "motivational" poems. I don't remember the whole thing, but it said, "I had no shoes and complained until I met a man who had no feet."

I guess when I read about you guys just now crossing the boarder, it puts things in perspective and makes me feel like I have no right to complain!

Hopefully by the end of this week all of the 9/28ers will be happy Camaro owners and we'll flood this forum with so many pics the mods will have to shut us down!
We all have a right to complain!!! LOL It's what is getting us though this whole experience. It really is good to be able to share in each others excitement. The 2000 SS I have only took 2 months to the day, from order to p/u and there was no forum to track it like we have now. In some ways it has made it a little worse...but...it really has been fun meeting and sharing this with everyone. I'm looking forward to the pics of yours as well.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:11 AM   #1712
honeybucket99

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM CAMARO BEAST
Good luck guys. Okie that must be unbearable to see your wife's and not have yours. My wife would rub it in every chance she got. At least she lets you drive it though...
honeybucket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:22 AM   #1713
okie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybucket99 View Post
Good luck guys. Okie that must be unbearable to see your wife's and not have yours. My wife would rub it in every chance she got. At least she lets you drive it though...
Seeing hers is a double edged sword. On one side, I know what I'm soon to have, and on the other, Dude, where's my car!

What is starting to really bother me is I made arrangements with the paint shop for a Monday drop off to get her stripes painted on. Of course, I "knew" I'd have my car this weekend and at least could drive her.

Now, I'm not sure if I'll get her Monday. And, if I do, I'll have her just a few short hours before taking her to the paint shop. Then, three to four more days of waiting.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:47 AM   #1714
honeybucket99

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM CAMARO BEAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie2 View Post
Seeing hers is a double edged sword. On one side, I know what I'm soon to have, and on the other, Dude, where's my car!

What is starting to really bother me is I made arrangements with the paint shop for a Monday drop off to get her stripes painted on. Of course, I "knew" I'd have my car this weekend and at least could drive her.

Now, I'm not sure if I'll get her Monday. And, if I do, I'll have her just a few short hours before taking her to the paint shop. Then, three to four more days of waiting.
man you know after wait it is going to be awesome. Problem with this car is all the attention. Last night I went to a convenience store for a coke. I am the only person shopping in the store when this cute girl walks in. "Is that your camaro outside? I love that camaro. Can I sit in it?" While I felt younger all day to that point, my response that "my wife probably wouldn't appreciate that" made me feel 40 again....but it is what it is.

If mama isn't happy, nobody is happy
honeybucket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:59 AM   #1715
okie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybucket99 View Post
man you know after wait it is going to be awesome. Problem with this car is all the attention. Last night I went to a convenience store for a coke. I am the only person shopping in the store when this cute girl walks in. "Is that your camaro outside? I love that camaro. Can I sit in it?" While I felt younger all day to that point, my response that "my wife probably wouldn't appreciate that" made me feel 40 again....but it is what it is.

If mama isn't happy, nobody is happy
You're a better man than me! Fortunately, I'm old enough my wife knows there's no danger in a cute girl getting in my car.

That is funny that we talk about feeling 40 again!!!! So much for feeling 20 again!
Old 10-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #1716
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Ok Im in some town I couldnt quite make out the name but Im in Illinois now.. So hopefully I will make some progress today and maybe hit Iowa. I really hope I get my baby by Saturday.

Grats on all you that got your cars that is so awesome.. The weather was prefect this weekend and about five of us Camaro5 people got together and had a photo op. I took my little model car its funny.. We ate at a burger place then went to Ssooch's home and we all watched the Ultimate Factory it was fun. Great people I have met since joining this site..
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #1717
geminidreams

Here is a few pics. .not resized yet so sorry for that one.. Just had to show my little model car is in.. Hoping that the next get together I will be parking there for real...
Old 10-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #1718
geminidreams

Utah Camaro5 folks get together...
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #1719
y2k10camaross

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminidreams View Post
Utah Camaro5 folks get together...
That's awesome, Gemini. Yours is the best looking one of the bunch!!
Old 10-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #1720
okie2

Gemini - One thing for sure, you don't have to worry about door dings.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #1721
JWz28

Drives: 2012 Z28 (I'm hoping)
Picked the car up from the dealer Friday 10/16. It's everything I expected and more. It has worked out perfect as it's a Senior Gift to my son who has been out since Thursday visiting OSU. Funny thing is he probably was going north on I-35 as the car was on a hauler coming south from Ok. City. Today I finally get to give him the keys. I can't believe I've been able to keep it a secret since we ordered it on 8/31.

JWz28
JWz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #1722
JWz28

Drives: 2012 Z28 (I'm hoping)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness View Post
Ok so mike mine went EMPTY officially this morning at 8 how many days did u have to wait before u got the call???
On mine empty at 12:00 noon Wednesday 10/14. At dealer the morning of Friday 10/16. About two hundred miles between the rail yard offload and my dealer.

Good luck...you should have your car any day if not tomorrow!

JWz28.
JWz28 is offline   Reply With Quote