Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-29-2022, 12:47 PM   #1
all muSScle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
Electric Fan Operation with AC On

All,

I just recently finished the rebuild on my LS3, which included a cam upgrade and all associated valve train components. The engine is back in the car and per my machinists guidance he wants me to put 500 miles on it keeping it under 3K rpms to break the engine in and make sure the rings fully seat. When the engine was pulled, the suction and discharge lines were disconnected from the compressor in order to get the engine out. I recharged the system this past weekend and noticed that only the drivers side fan kicked on in high speed mode. Is this correct or should both fans be kicking on when the AC is on? Or is it cooling load based, where it gradually brings on the second fan as necessary? Just wanted to make sure it’s functioning correctly before I start driving it around to put the required miles on it to avoid overheating in this intense Oklahoma heat. Thanks in advance.
all muSScle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric fans