Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-30-2023, 07:45 AM   #1
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Mr.Bling Intercooler kit

Hey guys,

As most of you know, I have a Torqstorm supercharger kit sitting in my garage waiting to install. I have the Zl1 pump, 850cc injectors, and the full Torqstorm kit. I am missing one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle. The intercooler setup. Torqstorm recommended that I buy the Mr.Bling intercooler kit. I have seen some bad reviews/posts here on the forum about them. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them? I have tried to reach out to them via social media, the contact us section on there website and no response. Is there a better option out there? Here is the kit I am looking at.

https://www.mrblingmotorsports.com/c...32793042386998

"This system includes the high quality 3.5" thick Treadstone intercooler with CNC mounting brackets, CNC mandrel bent intercooler tubes, with minimal amount of 4 ply silicone couplers, and T-bolt clamps. Welded Bov tube for Torqstorm 52mm bov, ls3 maf bung welded, and GM 3 bar map sensor.

New coolant overflow tank, powder coated CNC mounting bracket and hardware.

New Windshield washer tank setup with pump, powder coated CNC mounting bracket and hardware.

This system will come powder coated in a nice black finish (pipes) with detailed instructions for the complete install.
"

I bought my supercharger through TPSmotorsports, but I opted not to get there intercooler setup as it looked like some cheap ebay stuff. Should I just buy a Mishimoto universal kit and make my own? Any other recommendations? I liked this kit because it was simple and already put together, but I am not afraid of a little fab work. Although I don't have access to a tig welder.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 08:49 PM   #2
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
Give TorqStorm a call and ask them about MrBling. I did a search for Google Reviews and didn't come up with anything, just a single Instagram hit. I'm not saying that there aren't good/bad reviews, they just weren't readily available on Google.

However, the fact that the "Contact Us" hasn't gotten you any type of response, is telling of itself.

Good luck!

-Scott

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 06:48 AM   #3
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I finally got ahold of somebody through Facebook of all places. Looks like I will be buying his intercooler kit, as it takes all of the guesswork out of things and I am looking for a simple and easy install.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote