Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-13-2023, 06:22 PM   #1
2013ZL1FUN

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible A6 BRM
Struggling With An Always Crank Intermittent Start Issue

I have had this issue on and off for years with this car. I am original owner, 16K miles now. I have tried many things to solve this issue, such as using injector cleaner, adding additional grounds, new battery. Recently I saw an internet video about 5th Gen Camaros having steering column wiring issues. So what I did was readjust my steering column by adjusting it inward about a quarter of an inch. So far my Camaro starts up every time. It always would crank, but either it would just not start or just fire for a second and then die. But not now. Has anyone else had this issue and solution?
Old 04-17-2023, 01:33 PM   #2
2013ZL1FUN

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible A6 BRM
I can't believe that after 4 days and 132 views that not a single person has commented on my post about this issue. How about you auto repair techs, anyone ever see this in your routine practice of auto repair? Or does it just seem like a coincidence that my action of steering column adjustment coincide with the starting issue going away? It is true that this issue has came and went over my 9 years of ownership. I guess only time will tell!
Old 04-17-2023, 06:10 PM   #3
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
I've worked as a service writer at 2 chevy dealership service departments for over 25 years and bought my 2013 Camaro 2SS brand new and have not heard of Camaro's having steering column harness issues. That doesn't mean that it didn't or hasn't happened but I'm unaware of any ongoing issues. Hopefully your adjustment continues to work and helps anyone else that may have a similar issue.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote