Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-05-2023, 10:59 AM   #15
Trawz

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Consider doing a Blackstone analysis. Good peace of mind for $40.
I recommend this as well. Basically a blood test for your engine.
Gives you piece of mind knowing your engine is good or a heads up of possible problems.

As for oil, I use AMSOIL, but I also track my Camaro and I have a AMSOIL warehouse in town.
Stick with Mobil1. It's good oil and you can get it everywhere.
Corsa Extreme cat-back, Speed Engineering LT Headers with black ceramic coating, C7 Z06 Front Brake Upgrade, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, BMR Tunnel Brace, Mishimoto Oil Catch Can, MSD Plug Wires, Mishimoto Radiator and Hoses.
Trawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 01:08 PM   #16
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trawz View Post
I recommend this as well. Basically a blood test for your engine.
Gives you piece of mind knowing your engine is good or a heads up of possible problems.

As for oil, I use AMSOIL, but I also track my Camaro and I have a AMSOIL warehouse in town.
Stick with Mobil1. It's good oil and you can get it everywhere.

Thats a great way to put it!

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Holley Dominator ECU, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, Kooks Headers, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 05:24 PM   #17
AlisoBob

Drives: Camaro 2SS Gen 5
I have seen a ton of Blackstone reports for Amsoil, on Gassers as well as Diesels.

These Amsoil UOA reports show the exact same wear metals and in the exact same concentrations as regular old Walmart Super Tech oils.

If Amsoil offered better protection to justify it's price, wouldn't this show up in the wear metals? It doesn't

Most synthetics cost double what Dino oil costs..... and it lasts about twice as long.... ( 10k mile OCI vs 4500 mile OCI) so it really makes no difference what you use as far as final costs.

It's far more important to change it at the proper time.

For me, that means Mobil 1 oil, and Wix XP filtration. Both are available everywhere, and do a great job.
AlisoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 11:49 PM   #18
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisoBob View Post
For me, that means Mobil 1 oil, and Wix XP filtration. Both are available everywhere, and do a great job.
Yep.
chevy pilot is online now   Reply With Quote