Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-10-2024, 02:17 PM   #1
White1SS

Drives: White 2024 1SS M6
NXT Step Axle back.

Does anyone know where to cut the exhaust to fit the NXT step axle back unit? Like X amount in front of the suitcase,or X amount from this bracket, or X amount from this area of the frame etc?

For around $360 it's a very nice quality set-up, the welds and finish are top notch, but they should include instructions.
White1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 04:25 PM   #2
KC64
Gray Ghost

Drives: 24 Camaro 2SS Loaded
I’d call the manufacturer and ask them? and suggest they add some instructions.
Even one of the reviews say the only downfall is no instructions. Unless someone pops up that has done it I’d call and make them tell you.
KC64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 04:47 PM   #3
White1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC64 View Post
I’d call the manufacturer and ask them? and suggest they add some instructions.

I thought perhaps the instructions were accidentally left out, but it turns out they simply don't include them. I called American muscle , whom I purchased it from, and they did everything they could to find instructions to download, but they came up empty. They could not find a contact number for them as well. I did find an email address and sent them a request for instructions, but I'm not hopeful to hear back from them.

As I said it's a very nice quality axle back, but instructions would be helpful. I want to leave enough pipe on the suitcase to possibly reinstall later, but I don't want to cut things short and have the new set-up be a little shy. I know the big names tell you exactly where to cut the pipe, but for $500 I'll figure it out on my own. lol
Old 05-10-2024, 05:09 PM   #4
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Measure three times and cut long anyways.
CalgaryZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 05:11 PM   #5
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
At least they didn’t give you instructions with broken English that you can’t decipher.
CalgaryZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 05:36 PM   #6
KC64
Gray Ghost

Drives: 24 Camaro 2SS Loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by White1SS View Post
I thought perhaps the instructions were accidentally left out, but it turns out they simply don't include them. I called American muscle , whom I purchased it from, and they did everything they could to find instructions to download, but they came up empty. They could not find a contact number for them as well. I did find an email address and sent them a request for instructions, but I'm not hopeful to hear back from them.

As I said it's a very nice quality axle back, but instructions would be helpful. I want to leave enough pipe on the suitcase to possibly reinstall later, but I don't want to cut things short and have the new set-up be a little shy. I know the big names tell you exactly where to cut the pipe, but for $500 I'll figure it out on my own. lol

I looked around and the next best thing would be Summitt Racing and see what they have to say. Other than that I’ll hope someone chimes in. I have been watching all of these for future reference. Best of luck to ya!
KC64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 07:24 PM   #7
White1SS

That's just it you can't make get any kind of measurement with the suitcase in place, you have to cut it out and remove it first. I want to leave at least 2" of pipe on the suitcase end in case I ever want to reinstall it. Hopefully leaving 2" or so on the suitcase doesn't leave me short on the other end. I'm actually thinking of cutting things back all the way past that GM engineered abomination they have pinched down around the differential. I think I heard somewhere they pinched the pipes down to make room for a brace for convertibles or something of that nature. I know they claim it doesn't have an effect on HP, but those pipes are literally pinched down to half their size, it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.