Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-25-2008, 05:46 PM   #169
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Well if I had to work for Chrysler all day I can't blame him!

Lol, cheap shot. Go ahead and have at me kevin.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:54 PM   #170
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Well if I had to work for Chrysler all day I can't blame him!

Lol, cheap shot. Go ahead and have at me kevin.
chomp chomp chomp...shark attack....
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #171
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
chomp chomp chomp...shark attack....
Land shark?

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
Old 08-25-2008, 05:59 PM   #172
SyN

Drives: Future 2010 Camaro
lol.. I don't even really compare the mustang GT considering it only has 300 hp. I would hope the challenger beat the mustang GT.

Post in a civilized manner? I'm pretty sure I did. Sorry, but please don't bark orders around like you own this place. I'll post how I post, you do the same.

As far as "everyone" here knows you.. I could really care less who knows and doesn't know you. If you didn't want this to escalate to something more then why would post the way you did? Seriously.. follow your own advice.

If you say the Challenger is a beautiful car then the Camaro must be a Fantasy, so that works for me.

Camaro > Challenger... nuff said.
SyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:00 PM   #173
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
As for the Challenger, I don't mind the look of it. I think what turned me off was a few years back they had a Charger on display in one of the local malls done up in pretty much the same colors. I thought that doesn't look bad, till I got the sticker shock Mind you this is in Canada (5 minutes from the plant ) but it was over 50K!

I actually just talked to a guy this afternoon at the corner gas station who lives in my neighborhood driving a new challenger. I asked him what he thought and he seems pretty happy with it. Just different strokes for different folks. Even thought I worked years ago for a Chrysler dealership, my heart belongs to GM.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #174
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyN View Post
lol.. I don't even really compare the mustang GT considering it only has 300 hp. I would hope the challenger beat the mustang GT.

Post in a civilized manner? I'm pretty sure I did. Sorry, but please don't bark orders around like you own this place. I'll post how I post, you do the same.

As far as "everyone" here knows you.. I could really care less who knows and doesn't know you. If you didn't want this to escalate to something more then why would post the way you did? Seriously.. follow your own advice.

If you say the Challenger is a beautiful car then the Camaro must be a Fantasy, so that works for me.

Camaro > Challenger... nuff said.
QQ all day ...challenger > camaro IMO...nuff said...

use IMO in your post pretty please
Old 08-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #175
kevin2323

Quote:
Land shark?
Ever watch street sharks the cartoon? then you know what I'm talkin bout.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #176
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Quote:
I can't say I have

Kurt Vonnegut
Old 08-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #177
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
I thought you were that land shark from SNL ... bing bong ..who is it.... plumber..... who is it....candy gram... http://www.spike.com/video/land-shark/2802070

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #178
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
I thought you were that land shark from SNL ... bing bong ..who is it.... plumber..... who is it....candy gram... http://www.spike.com/video/land-shark/2802070
LOLLLLLLLL
Old 08-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #179
kevin2323

Quote:
I can't say I have
I watched it as a kid, I am 21 now.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #180
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
What seems like a life time ago, I worked as a mechanic at a Crysler dealership as these puppies rolled off the trucks from the factory. They certainly weren't pretty but they did get the job done and a lot of people were really happy with them. Of course compared to the products of the mid to late 70's anything would be an improvement.

This is a true story and while it is kinda funny now, it wasn't at the time. We had a customer who bought a New Yorker or New Port 77 - 79, I don't remember which it was and it may have been an earlier model year than that. Anywhooo, he had that car into us at least a dozen times complaining about a rattle coming from the rear of the car. Two of us finally took it out one day for a drive, my co-worker got in the back seat and he came to the conclusion that the noise was coming from inside the rear passenger door panel. Upon removing the door panel we discovered an 8" piece of 3/4" link chain attached to the window assemble. Attached to one end of the chain was a parts ticket with a hand written note "how long did it take to find this one?"
I remember an interview with a football player from detroit, said he worked for one manufacturer during the summer when he was in college, he said that they did just that all the time to cars when they got bored.. loose bolts and screwa in a fender opening then welding it up ball bearings and chains all sorts of crap like that.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #181
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
I watched it as a kid, I am 21 now.

21 and driving an srt-8? or are you pulling our chains (slowly) with a v6?
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:21 PM   #182
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
21 and driving an srt-8? or are you pulling our chains (slowly) with a v6?
I pay for it so I drive it. I told my parents when I bought it, you drove gas guzzling muscle cars in the 70s....I'm not missing my opportunity.