Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #71
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
No.

LOL.
I think the Canadian dealers are going to milk their initial allotments for all they can, at least until car sales go in the tank.
You have to remember that car sales in Canada are only slightly off from last yr. compared to the US being down about 35 percent.
I think sales will be very slow for them in the upcoming yr. though and you will have a much better chance at getting something closer to invoice.
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:38 PM   #72
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
lol it was worth asking, i need to work a little more, my budget out the door price now is 39k, now we just have to wait til november for pricing
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:31 AM   #73
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
My order is finally in.

2SS RS / standard tranny
Cyber Grey
Black Rally stripes
black leather
sunroof
Hurst short shifter

My dealer finally asked for this website. Say hi to Brent and Ron if you see them lurking around.
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:09 PM   #74
ChrisB

Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Just got a call from a dealer that shall remain nameless, telling me they got their allocation numbers and have plenty and will have no problem selling to me below MSRP
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:15 AM   #75
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
Just got a call from a dealer that shall remain nameless, telling me they got their allocation numbers and have plenty and will have no problem selling to me below MSRP
Why would you not name the dealer? Do you not want to help out other enthusiasts?
Old 10-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #76
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog78 View Post
Not even close. Without even knowing the Can. pricing yet, it's simple math.
Simple if you don't consider all of my factors. :-)

A) I didn't order what you ordered.
B) I've already started negioating MSRP and will be paying less, how about you?
C) Who the heck knows what the Cdn dollar will be in 4 months (good or bad)
D) I plan on putting down 8k or more to help with those damn taxes.

It's all speculation at this point... if it comes in at 45,000 am I really that far off? It just may make me decide to drop to a 2LT/RS.
austinpowersIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #77
ChrisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Why would you not name the dealer? Do you not want to help out other enthusiasts?
Ill gladly give it out once i have bought mine
Old 10-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #78
Hylton

Quote:
Ill gladly give it out once i have bought mine
That's not very nice. Do you really think it will make difference to how many they will have? If you don't order soon, you won't be able to anyways so why not share?
Old 10-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #79
ChrisB

Quote:
If you don't order soon, you won't be able to anyways so why not share?
Really? I was told i could order till late december/early january.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #80
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
That's not very nice. Do you really think it will make difference to how many they will have? If you don't order soon, you won't be able to anyways so why not share?
Yes, actually, it does make a difference. Each dealer only has a few to sell right now, the small dealers only have one to sell. But to your point, he does need to order soon or somebody will just buy the ones that dealer can sell before him.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #81
Hylton

Quote:
Really? I was told i could order till late december/early january.
Chris, PM me your email addy and I'll send you a copy of my bill of sale from another Quebec dealer. All you need right now is a grand deposit and they will be able to submit the order.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #82
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
Yes, actually, it does make a difference. Each dealer only has a few to sell right now, the small dealers only have one to sell. But to your point, he does need to order soon or somebody will just buy the ones that dealer can sell before him.
If a dealer has only one allocation and Chris has not secured it yet then he probably won't. No dealer with one car is going to sell at less than MSRP unless it's sitting on the lot for over 60 days. Chris is probably in the greater MTL area so I would imagine that dealers have plenty of allocation.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:32 AM   #83
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Quote:
If a dealer has only one allocation and Chris has not secured it yet then he probably won't. No dealer with one car is going to sell at less than MSRP unless it's sitting on the lot for over 60 days. Chris is probably in the greater MTL area so I would imagine that dealers have plenty of allocation.
And I only put down $500. They didnt like it but I explained all the intrest they would make on it!
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #84
ChrisB

Ill try to clear a few things up.Im not from the Montreal area, im from the Quebec city area.

Yes i know i can order one with only a 1K deposit but simply dont want to do it until i know the prices. It would make me so mad to have to remove options or to cancel my order because of a pricing issue

The dealer that contacted me with the below MSRP offer was a dealer that i had sent only an email on Oct 13 to know if they were gonna start selling on Oct 16 and this week out the blue they called me and told me they got their allocation numbers and they got a lot more than expected and are willing to sell below MSRP. They offered it without even me asking for it.

I also visited another dealer less than 2 minutes away from my house on Monday and they told me MSRP is not a problem and that they have plenty of them to sell unless i wanted a V8 which were already sold out.I was told i could wait a while since they had until late december/early January to lock the orders up in the system and not being able to change them anymore. Until then all orders could be changed or canceled if needed.

So i decided to wait till the prices were released to make my decision.