Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What would you like to see for the factory rally stripe option?
more color choices 17 14.78%
painted stripes 11 9.57%
painted stripes with more color options 24 20.87%
stripes that extend past the hood line 32 27.83%
white painted stripes 6 5.22%
black stripes 8 6.96%
black painted stripes 17 14.78%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #29
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfret7 View Post
Painted Red Stripes please!!!
Ditto that, but where is the ''painted stripes with more color options that extend past the mail slot'' option?
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #30
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I really want to see green stripes on a Cyber Grey Camaro. Hace muchas personas eyacular en sus pantalones.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:20 PM   #31
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Mancha View Post
........ Hace muchas personas eyacular en sus pantalones.
Tengo alguna familia en México.......

Entiendes amigo?

Yo le miro....

siempre mirar
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:04 PM   #32
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
Painted stripes are obviously the better option and that is what I vote for. I do, however, understand why GM cannot offer them and keep the price where it is now. If we got half of the items on our wish list that they have left off, the price would be out of reach for many more folks then it already is. It is not that difficult to get them painted after delivery. I personally would rather do it that way so I can get them to look like they do on the bumblebee. Wider to narrow on the front hood and wider on the trunk. Not to mention getting them to go past the mail slot on the SS.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:14 PM   #33
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Tengo alguna familia en México.......

Entiendes amigo?

Yo le miro....

siempre mirar
Estudiaba yo la idioma español en escuela y trabajaba en el restaurante de Chipotle con latinos. Ellos no ponen hablar en inglés. Era importante que hablar en español. Hablo cómo gringo.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:16 AM   #34
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Painted stripes are obviously the better option and that is what I vote for. I do, however, understand why GM cannot offer them and keep the price where it is now. If we got half of the items on our wish list that they have left off, the price would be out of reach for many more folks then it already is. It is not that difficult to get them painted after delivery. I personally would rather do it that way so I can get them to look like they do on the bumblebee. Wider to narrow on the front hood and wider on the trunk. Not to mention getting them to go past the mail slot on the SS.

Notice I didn't mention price....since this is a standalone 'option'...it would certainly be a 'pay to play'. I'm with you on the painted...once I get final confirmation we're absolutely positively dealing with vinyl on the factory option...I'll cancel my 'cyber grey' and get black painted on by my body shop. I say 'my' body shop as it's a shop that I've used twice before on my 5 series and I've seen some of their custom work....phenomenal.

I just want to be able to polish and wax the car without worrying about the edges of vinyl...also...I want the stripes to be under the clear so they 'disappear' under a heavy shine.
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #35
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyFever View Post
Does anyone have proof that the stripes do NOT extend beyond the hood into the mail slot?? The photo gallery on chevylaunch.com showing the stripe packages shows the rally stripes extending beyond the hood just like bumblebee.
Hylton (see below) seems convinced the Ed Welburne video and installation difficulty are proof of the way the production stripes will look. Granted, at this point there is only one LPO code for each color, meaning one stripe for SS and non-SS cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
There are pictures of the hockey stick stripes on this board under the accesories thread and if you go to Chevrolets Canadian camaro site, there is a film clip showing Ed Welburne looking over the rally stripe package on a silver car.

The Rally stripes must fit the SS (mailslot) and non SS cars. Having the Rally stripes flow into the mailslot area would be hell to install at a dealership.
Also, the following sounds official:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Incorrect. Scott (Fbodfather) stated that the stripes will stop on the hood and all stripes will be the same length whether factory installed or dealer installed.

2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto ordered-10/18/08

Last edited by Rodrunner; 11-05-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: addition
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote