Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Ford Experience and Chevy Experience

So, I've been looking for a Camaro for awhile now and every dealer I've been wouldn't let me drive a new one, but two dealers did let me try out two used ones. Also the salesman's I've dealt with aren't very knowledgeable or willing to help me get the car want.
However, i went to the Ford Dealer today to take care of another car, and i decided to see what the new 2011 V6 can do, so not only was the salesman very kind and great to talk to. He let me choose any mustang on the lot and test drive it, but he also knew a lot about the car and was able to tell me what the new features were and was knowledgeable about it. Either way it was really disheartening to see how bad everyone at Chevy treats me, but how Ford treats me so well.

Last edited by Ghost1LE; 06-24-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Ghost1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Perhaps someone within our network of dealers here can suggest a preferred local dealer for you.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
How old are you? Just personal experience, if you look too young, they don't take you seriously. But good for the Ford guy... I love nice dealers.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
Ghost1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Perhaps someone within our network of dealers here can suggest a preferred local dealer for you.
I've been to just about every dealer in 200 miles from me and they're all the same, but the ford dealer 5 miles from my house was amazing.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
purplhaizcraz3

Drives: 2010 2LT CHEVY CAMARO BABY!!!!
Your dealers BSin you if he said 326 HP outta the V6. Its 305 from the factory. Tahts a shame you can't get a true idea of what the Camaro drives like during your test drives. I have yet to drive a Mustang of any kind so I can't give you a comparison, but theres a reason why everyone on this site for the better part of a year had permagrin (I'm sure some, if not most on here, still have that permagrin. I know I do )
purplhaizcraz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
Ghost1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
How old are you? Just personal experience, if you look too young, they don't take you seriously. But good for the Ford guy... I love nice dealers.
I'm 17, but like today i was with my dad every time so it shouldn't be any different.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
hmmm sounds like bad dealer luck. I've had the same experiences but at just about every dealership at some point in time. I figured it was just because I was young, but it was hard to get someone to talk to me just about everywhere. Eventually I found one that was helpful and bought my Camaro there, however they were very UNhelpful after I signed the order sheets and left a down payment, but that's another story.

I went into a BMW dealer to look at the 335i and it took like 20 minutes for someone to even ask if I needed anything. When I said I wanted some pricing and info on the 335i they totally acted like I was inconveniencing them by trying to buy a car. On my way out I showed them my cheque book and let them know about the 12k I was willing to sign over that day if they'd have had decent service.

On the other hand I went into the Audi dealer to check out the new R8 V10 I heard they had on the showroom floor. They were SUPER nice even though I didn't intend to buy and told them right off the bat. He wouldn't let me sit in it haha but opened the doors for me and the engine cover so I could check it all out. Apparently THEY"RE not even allowed to sit in it. haha the Chev dealer had a ZR1 on the floor when I was in there for service and it was roped off. Coulnd't get within 3 feet of it.

long story short, there are jerks out there that just don't get it. no matter what kind of vehicle they sell.

bottom line, keep looking until you find someone that treats you right, and has a car you like. Doesn't really matter what kind as long as you want it.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
Ryno

Drives: 2011 2LT RS CGM/IO
Send a message via AIM to Ryno
That sucks that they didn't treat you well, when I stopped by my dealership for a test drive the guy tossed me the keys and told me to have fun. If a dealer treated me the way they treated you there is no way they would earn my business.
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #9
Patriot

Drives: 2011 LS3/RS on order... ..
Ford obviously has to work harder to sell the mustangs

And the 'not over 40mph' thing means you must look your age. Perhaps you should dress a litle older (neater), and spend a little time convincing the guy you have the funds to pay cash. Just lie and say your dad will be buying you a car this week and you are deciding which one.
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #10
FirstCamaro2k10

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro LS
Ive never had a problem getting to test drive stuff, thats just crazy.
FirstCamaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #11
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Ford obviously has to work harder to sell the mustangs

And the 'not over 40mph' thing means you must look your age. Perhaps you should dress a litle older (neater), and spend a little time convincing the guy you have the funds to pay cash. Just lie and say your dad will be buying you a car this week and you are deciding which one.

Bad excuse for poor customer service......

He wants to be treated like any other buyer, not have to act, present, jump, or any other BS....

wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
Patriot

Drives: 2011 LS3/RS on order... ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post

He wants to be treated like any other buyer, not have to act, present, jump, or any other BS....

Nope, salesmen have to earn a living. If they waste time with someone who obviously won't be buying then they may lose a real sale to another salesman. This is especially true if the car is a hot seller.

I'm not saying the OP was wasting the salesman's time, just saying this is what the salesman thought. You have to counter this thinking by playing the part of a serious buyer.
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #13
Danprh427

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Im 20 i went to buy it but i brought my dad cause hes a buiness man but it was me my bro and the guy on the test drive we were around 80 in a 55 zone totally depends on the salesman.
Danprh427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
jokerswild

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM M6
Quote:

Agreed... but like it or not, people judge by looks - especially salesmen. I've worked as an electronic salesman as a teen and into my early 20's. When you work on commission, you really don't want to help that 17-19 year old kid who just walked in who wants a walkman, when it means you won't get to talk to the well-dressed 40-something guy behind him who wants the plasma TV.

I'm BIG on customer service.. and if I get lousy service, I walk away. Doesn't matter if I'm talking about a car, a TV, or a hamburger. I'm also the guy walking up in a faded t-shirt and jeans, expecting to be treated with respect. Although it's becoming more and more rare, good customer service means treating the cleaning crew just like you would treat the president or CEO of a company (no offense meant to anyone in the cleaning industry!). EVERYONE needs to be treated the same.
jokerswild is offline   Reply With Quote