Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #533
Patfan1987
CGM is the Best! Thx GM

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro, Auto + Sunroof
On one tank of gas recently I drove highway to maine from northern Massachusetts and then back roads everywhere including to Mt. Washington. When i used all the gas and needed to fill up i had 28.5MPG and that was driving up and down the coast of Maine with stopped traffic!

Proud Owner of a CGM 2 LT/RS Auto Transmission w/Sunroof and Spare Tire
Patfan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #534
Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
American Legion Nebraska State Champions

Just made a trek out to Kearney, NE from Omaha area. Got 25.2 mpg on the way home doing 75 (65 around Lincoln).

Son's team won the ball game so good trip all around. Happy with the mileage. About 185 miles one way.
Attached Images

Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #535
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
got 23 on my first tank.
6 speed, smacking 2nd every stop. Just a little squawk.then change gear's at less than 3K, pretty good for a car with only 300 miles on her when i put fuel in it!

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #536
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
With 11,100 miles....

I just came back from a test between the regular air filter and a K&N filter. Using the same loop in the same direction, Resetting the DIC after getting up to 55MPH on the in town portion of the interstate. following the speed limit for 50 miles in both tests. Using the AC both times. Speed limit varied from 55 to 70, most of the driving was at the 70MPH speed limit Since i am in the mountians, this route incoporated many hills..

Before the K&N filter I got 27.7 MPG, after the K&N I got 30.5.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #537
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I just came back from a test between the regular air filter and a K&N filter. Using the same loop in the same direction, Resetting the DIC after getting up to 55MPH on the in town portion of the interstate. following the speed limit for 50 miles in both tests. Using the AC both times. Speed limit varied from 55 to 70, most of the driving was at the 70MPH speed limit Since i am in the mountians, this route incoporated many hills..

That's interesting. I would like to see a bigger data set though
Old 08-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #538
MAGfuz

Drives: VR 2SS Convertible
Auto.
Do about 26-35 everyday, depending on my mood after work. average about 21. May go down a little as I installed my injen over the weekend!
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #539
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
11K miles, Auto. Stock. 85% Hwy, 15% City. Avg 26+ MPG. If i reset the system before driving to work (70 mile hwy trip, dont ask lol) i avg 28-30mpg on hwy alone.

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #540
Dedlydragoness

Drives: 2010 Red\Black Camaro 1LT M6
Send a message via AIM to Dedlydragoness
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Enginner View Post
11K miles, Auto. Stock. 85% Hwy, 15% City. Avg 26+ MPG. If i reset the system before driving to work (70 mile hwy trip, dont ask lol) i avg 28-30mpg on hwy alone.
Same here on the highway but with an M6. If I dont hot rod it and shift at high rpm's, I get about 27-28 mpg on the highway. When staying at 2k rpm, that is when I get my best mpg. Haven't calculated city yet and will probobly be dissapointed when I do. LOL.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #541
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
No matter how well intentioned, it is impossible to get good data from a single non-blind test.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #542
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
The only time I reset my average MPG is each time I fill up. I want to know what I'm averaging per tank. I filled up today and reset it. Before I did, it showed I averaged 22.9 MPG for the last tank. Which is great considering I have done nothing but floor it most of that time. Hard take offs, passing cars on the hwy, and just flat out giving it hell. I have been driving in 100+ temps testing out my modded air box and as of right now, I have better power/response and better fuel mileage then I had before. Was averaging about 21.9 mpg per tank with just a little bit of hard driving and a non-modded air box.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #543
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
No matter how well intentioned, it is impossible to get good data from a single non-blind test.
I did all I could with the time I had to do it in. I took as much care as I could to duplicate the speeds and everything for both loops. This is real world driving not in some labratory on some dyno so there will be variences, it is impossible to completely duplicate everything..But believe me it was very close, time wise and everything it was identical to within 10 seconds Take it for what you will but I think it shows significant improvement using the K&N filter.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #544
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
Quote:

That is pretty impressive for just a filter change.

I wonder if the SLP Blackwing CAI (which uses the stock air box) gets any kind of better mileage increase than the K&N filter.

How much was the K&N filter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
The only time I reset my average MPG is each time I fill up. I want to know what I'm averaging per tank. I filled up today and reset it. Before I did, it showed I averaged 22.9 MPG for the last tank. Which is great considering I have done nothing but floor it most of that time. Hard take offs, passing cars on the hwy, and just flat out giving it hell. I have been driving in 100+ temps testing out my modded air box and as of right now, I have better power/response and better fuel mileage then I had before. Was averaging about 21.9 mpg per tank with just a little bit of hard driving and a non-modded air box.

What kind of mod on your air box did you do?
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #545
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:

Quote:
I did all I could with the time I had to do it in. I took as much care as I could to duplicate the speeds and everything for both loops. This is real world driving not in some labratory on some dyno so there will be variences, it is impossible to completely duplicate everything..But believe me it was very close, time wise and everything it was identical to within 10 seconds Take it for what you will but I think it shows significant improvement using the K&N filter.

Quick question for you...you said you swapped out filters at 11k miles...how dirty was your stock filter when you put in the K&N?

I finally switched out my original stock filter last night (@17k miles) and am now able to chirp 2nd gear again. After checking at 5 different parts stores and 2 dealerships, I finally tracked one down at a dealership for $30. Why are these things so hard to find and so damn expensive? Makes cold air intakes with reusable filters look like a wise investment in the long run.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #546
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Quick question for you...you said you swapped out filters at 11k miles...how dirty was your stock filter when you put in the K&N?

I finally switched out my original stock filter last night (@17k miles) and am now able to chirp 2nd gear again. After checking at 5 different parts stores and 2 dealerships, I finally tracked one down at a dealership for $30. Why are these things so hard to find and so damn expensive? Makes cold air intakes with reusable filters look like a wise investment in the long run.
I looked at it and to tell the truth it look just like brand new...both sides were bright white, just like it had come out of the box.. i am sure it had to be a little dirty, but I don't think it had much effect on it since my MPG averages a tankfull have remained pretty constant now for the last 4 to 5K miles...
I will know more when i do a couple full tank tests.

You got a good deal on yours. I had checked around here and most parts places were asking 55 to 60 for a K&N for the Camaro.. I got mine on E-bay for 38 with shipping...