Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #281
usmc8411
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
I come here because I enjoy conversation and debate with fellow car fans. I dont rant..you seem to be the one ranting

Oh and the Challenger doesnt always come in last. It actually came in second in the latest Motor Trend comparison.

Tell your boyfriend we think his car is awesome.

Id bet 3/4 of the people that talk smack on Challengers would lose to one stock vs stock, SS vs RT. Lots of big talkers here with slow 1/4 mile times.
usmc8411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #282
jokerswild

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM M6
Quote:
Coming out of a convenient store after I payed for gas, 2 young girls in a small 4 door sedan said "Is that your car?"
"Yes" I replied.
Then one of the girls said "How does somebody get lucky enough to have a car like that!"
This weekend, my aunt said almost the exact same thing... she's in her 50's, and still works job to job (never had a "career").

My father (who worked his ass off as a police officer for 30 years and is now retired - and instilled similar work ethics in me) responded, "Luck?!? How about worked hard and saved his money?!?"

No, he won't ever read this... but thanks dad... made my day.
jokerswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #283
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
If you think the stock market crash is what caused GM's problems, you're an even bigger idiot than I thought.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #284
|BLACKSS|

Drives: BLACK 1SS
Sorry i was out of time and had to go sorry im not an english major and didnt use the spell check. Do you guys even have jobs or do you chat at work all day long.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #285
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by |BLACKSS| View Post
Sorry i was out of time and had to go sorry im not an english major and didnt use the spell check. Do you guys even have jobs or do you chat at work all day long?
We're so damn good at our jobs that we can actually spend a good part of the day chatting...
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #286
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Sorry i was out of time and had to go sorry im not an english major and didnt use the spell check.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #287
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Neither is he!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #288
|BLACKSS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
We're so damn good at our jobs that we can actually spend a good part of the day chatting...
yeah i bet
your lacking in work ethics
someone is paying you to talk on here wow
Old 09-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #289
Markal
White Lightnin

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
Just as much as said exotic and just being recognized aren't the same thing, no matter how you spin it. There are a lot of Camaros that show up for the weekly meets here. When parked next to a 60's Cuda or a 57 Chevy, they don't receive near the attention, sorry man. You can go right up the road from the meet and view several variations of the new Camaro. You can't view several variations of a classic car or exotic though.....
You are correct, however, my Camaro is not stock. I am attempting to make a show car that is a daily driver. Believe it or not, all Camaro's in the club I belong to get a lot of attention....they are not stock...still, the Cuda's and 57 Chevy's I see have also been restored and "modded". People have seen them at car shows for years!!!. As I said: Most people love cars....plural....not just "OLD" cars or CLASSIC" cars. How many Cuda's or 57 Chevy's exist? I see two or three every show I go to. The last show I attended (over 100 cars) I saw only 3 2010 Camaro's. O.K. I'll admit....I even stop and check out a cool Mustang now and then. ViperTomcat, I started out as a MOPAR man....I love em. Its just now I own a Camaro....it is a great car. Even a base model 2010 Camaro is a wonderful platform to work from. Its new, its cool and most people love the new look by applying attention and verbal recognition!!!

Sorry ViperTomcat but,
The record for NHRA drag strip time is now 3.7 or so seconds....yeah, I know top fuel.
That means if you at 13.266 were racing the record holder....well, he would already be out of his car and sipping a beer before you even crossed the finish line......your time is good...wow...104 mph...nice job...seriously!
Just sayin....fast is a verb....descriptive....objective....relative....un important to me. I prefer nouns....like Camaro!!!

Last edited by Markal; 09-07-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Markal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:48 AM   #290
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
Quote:
If you think the stock market crash is what caused GM's problems, you're an even bigger idiot than I thought.
true , but i dont ( hope he doesnt ) think thats the only reason why, unfortunately we needed a bit of help but we all need a shoulder to lean on at one point or another ! and ford did it in a different way ( selling their sweet 4.6 liter to high school girls ) but as we all know its ok because the camaro is back ! no offense to ford but we all know its true. and as far as dodge ...... well the challenger looks sweet but holy shit do they make some horrible cars, my mom has had three durango's and they are all horrible ac sucks and they ride like shit. my other buddy has had a couple rams and i wont even go there .

bottom line you bought what you like and we bought what we do . to each their own .

p.s. the challenger does look mean as hell though

p.s.s. dont come back either with ohhh the 5.0 is blah blah cause i dont care about stock ! my car can back up my mouth and i dont drive anything stock so edmunds and car and driver can suck it . if they want to compare numbers bring your car ill bring mine and then we can get some numbers
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #291
|BLACKSS|

Quote:
I know that it is not the only thing. It just got the ball rolling. Really high labor wages and the suits on the top floor was also a factor. If i have missed anything feel free to educate me. I will admit i dont know everything. No one does.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #292
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER BULLITT View Post
if they want to compare numbers bring your car ill bring mine and then we can get some numbers
You can give us numbers now. Where are your timeslips for a 1/4 mile run? Surely you didn't spend all that money on an illegal street car and it sees some real track time.

I say that because you have nitrous, which is illegal to have the line connected on a public road in CA, so you surely only use it for off road use.

Since it would be moronic to drive a very loud car with modified catalytic converters and illegal, compressed gases in a nazi style state such as California, you must have some timeslips laying around.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #293
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markal View Post
You are correct, however, my Camaro is not stock. I am attempting to make a show car that is a daily driver. Believe it or not, all Camaro's in the club I belong to get a lot of attention....they are not stock...still, the Cuda's and 57 Chevy's I see have also been restored and "modded". People have seen them at car shows for years!!!. As I said: Most people love cars....plural....not just "OLD" cars or CLASSIC" cars. How many Cuda's or 57 Chevy's exist? I see two or three every show I go to. The last show I attended (over 100 cars) I saw only 3 2010 Camaro's. O.K. I'll admit....I even stop and check out a cool Mustang now and then. ViperTomcat, I started out as a MOPAR man....I love em. Its just now I own a Camaro....it is a great car. Even a base model 2010 Camaro is a wonderful platform to work from. Its new, its cool and most people love the new look by applying attention and verbal recognition!!!

Sorry ViperTomcat but,
The record for NHRA drag strip time is now 3.7 or so seconds....yeah, I know top fuel.
That means if you at 13.266 were racing the record holder....well, he would already be out of his car and sipping a beer before you even crossed the finish line......your time is good...wow...104 mph...nice job...seriously!
Just sayin....fast is a verb....descriptive....objective....relative....un important to me. I prefer nouns....like Camaro!!!
I understand where you're going with this and it is the opposite direction from what I was attempting to point out to you. I see 2-3 2010 Camaros every day I leave the house, no joke. I see rows upon rows of them at Hertz and Enterprise. The shell of a 57 Chevrolet Bel Air or 210 will run you about $8500. Yep, That's no driveline, seats, etc... Good luck with your build, I'm sure the Camaro is beautiful.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #294
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
yeah i bet
your lacking in work ethics
someone is paying you to talk on here wow
Aww, don't be a jealous hater....