Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 11-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
Houston Raceway

Drives: C5
2nd Annual Nitto Tire NMRA/NMCA Lone Star Shootout at Houston Raceway Park

November 12-14, 2010 - Houston, TX
The NMRA Keystone Automotive Ford Nationals and the NMCA Edelbrock Muscle Car Nationals will invade Texas with the 2st Annual Nitto Tire Lone Star Shootout, presented by Tommie Vaughn Performance at Houston Raceway Park the weekend of Nov. 12-14, 2010.This post-season combined NMRA/NMCA event will feature special race classes pitting some of the exciting classes from NMRA & NMCA to go head-to-head for an all out action packed weekend of racing.

2 Massive Car Shows!
NMRA and NMCA will host an awesome national event caliber car show on Saturday and Sunday. Bring out your American made muscle car, hot rod, truck or specialty vehicle for a chance to win over 50 awards each day. The best of show GM, Ford and Chrysler vehicles will win beautiful acrylic awards and the overall best of show will win a 6' trophy! Bowties, Blue Ovals and Mopars...this car show will showcase them all. This is the BIG one for car shows in the Houston area with the NMCA and NMRA attracting some of the most beautiful, collectible, stock and modified muscle cars and hot rods in the U.S

Huge Manufacturers' Midway & Swap Meet
Looking to buy some parts for your Mustang or Ford? How about for a Chevy or Mopar? Do you want to speak face-to-face with performance experts? The NMRA/NMCA Lone Star Shootout always has an awesome manufacturers' midway with all sorts of good deals on the performance parts you need for your muscle car or hot rod. There is also a used parts swap meet for folks who are looking for that special hard to find car part!

For the complete event schedule click to: http://www.houstonraceway.com/index.php?id=701

Houston Raceway-
Houston Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
So is this car show going to be like the Super Chevy Show car show? Where you are told you have to be there both days after you show up for the first day, and you only really have to be in the car show the last day to be eligible to win a trophy? I'm sorry, but after the Super Chevy Show and the lack of info about that car show until after some of us drove a long distance, registered, paid and were there, makes me not want to attend anymore you put on.

I even have a free entry to this car show and I still won't attend.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
So is this car show going to be like the Super Chevy Show car show? Where you are told you have to be there both days after you show up for the first day, and you only really have to be in the car show the last day to be eligible to win a trophy? I'm sorry, but after the Super Chevy Show and the lack of info about that car show until after some of us drove a long distance, registered, paid and were there, makes me not want to attend anymore you put on.

I even have a free entry to this car show and I still won't attend.
LOL... this one was worse... they listed a FULL schedule for Sunday that never happened... Racing was over at 11:30 and everything shut down.

Was a nice drive all the way down from Conroe this morning. Complete waste of time..
Old 11-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LOL... this one was worse... they listed a FULL schedule for Sunday that never happened... Racing was over at 11:30 and everything shut down.

Was a nice drive all the way down from Conroe this morning. Complete waste of time..

Sorry to hear that. Weekends are short and that made yours shorter.
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:11 PM   #5
J-Rod6410
M6 9 second club

Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
Quote:

Complete waste of time Got there at 11am, parking lot was 80% empty, saw 2 races and according to there schedule it was to be a continuous evnt till 4:30. We left at 11:30 At least thet didn't charge us admission

mlee, sorry I talked you into going over there
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
J-Rod6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #6
HtownSS

Drives: Silver 2SS, 68 Firebird 400,70 vett
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
Complete waste of time Got there at 11am, parking lot was 80% empty, saw 2 races and according to there schedule it was to be a continuous evnt till 4:30. We left at 11:30 At least thet didn't charge us admission

Wew! and I was about to text you and head out there. You should of texted me, you could of stop by my house for some hot chocolate.
HtownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
J-Rod6410
M6 9 second club

Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownSS View Post
Wew! and I was about to text you and head out there. You should of texted me, you could of stop by my house for some hot chocolate.
Good thing you didn't go. Some hot chocolate would have been good I talked to guy here at work who was there all day Saturday and he told me they kept racing Sat night till 8 pm and did most of the eliminations that night. They were trying to finish everything on Sat night but the track started seeping water so they stopped. I just love the way Houston Raceway Park follows there schedule
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
J-Rod6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #8
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
LOL... no worries... I needed somewhere to drive before the NFL games started

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownSS View Post
Geeezzz... no hot chocolate for me... and I had beer in the trunk too...
Old 11-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
HtownSS

Quote:
LOL... no worries... I needed somewhere to drive before the NFL games started

Geeezzz... no hot chocolate for me... and I had beer in the trunk too...
I gladly will buy you a cup of hot chocolate, "on the beach" if you can make this fun run. Maybe you know of others who would be intrested? it would be great if we cound have a good Camaro presence. "Yea Baby"!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111624
Old 11-16-2010, 07:02 AM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Cool... Quite sure HTTC will be there in force with the Camaros... I Stickied the thread over on our forum... and will post up here in the HOUSTON Area discussions thread..

http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/showthread.php?794
Old 11-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #11
HtownSS

Quote:
Cool... Quite sure HTTC will be there in force with the Camaros... I Stickied the thread over on our forum... and will post up here in the HOUSTON Area discussions thread..

http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/showthread.php?794
Great, I'll get the word out to some of the local south side camaro oweners.