Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #29
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcer View Post
I have state farm, i like them very much, my car got keyed, and it was a vandalism claim, everything was taken care of and i got the money direct deposit within a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
I'm insured by State Farm. I've lived in 4 different states while having State Farm insurance so I've have had several different agents. I haven't had a single problem in just over 30 years. Just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
+1 Been with them for 34 years, Had a few claims, and no issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I agree.. No Problems had a few claims when I was younger and they have always takend care of it.. State Farm has been very good to work with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi576 View Post
I have been with state farm for 17yrs and have never had a problem with them...just made two comp claims back in july and had them fixed immediately no questions asked!!!

My husband & I have state farm & we love our agent, with the crap going on with the Bonneville hes great. called him the other day about the loan & He answered the phone & I said HI hunny its your other wife lol. He just said HI sweety what can I do for you. of course My husband was sitting right next to me. lol.

Anyways almost 10yrs ago my husband was in a major wreck other guys fault. state farm took care of everything even though the other insurance company was trying to get it my husbands fault. Funny thing about this is the other insurance company was our houses insurance & they started to give us crap about the whole thing.

Kevin is great, 6yrs ago when I put our geo metro in down a embankment he just made sure I was ok before we took care of anything with the car (no damange to the car or anything, but I got a ticket, that was taken care of too)

also since my inlaws own a towing company around here He just writes them out the check when need a tow. lol He knows we race & wants to do it it as well. but he cant lol.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #30
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Yeah I have a problem with State Farm... My insurance payments are too damn high!
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #31
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Happy State Farm customer here. Three claims (one home, two auto) in the last 2-3 years. All went well.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #32
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
happy State Farm cutomer here.

Last Oct., my toyota truck got rear-ended by a ford ranger (doing about 45 mph, I don't think he saw me at the light until the very last second). crushed the bed, bent the frame little.. right at $7,000 damage.. I had my truck back in 3 wks. We both had State Farm, and I didn't have to lift a finger to do anything or make any calls (other than identify where I wanted my truck fixed).

It's all about your agent. Go find one that works for you, not against you.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #33
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
Florida is a 'no fault' state where all drivers deal only with their own insurance for collision damage. Your insurance will eventually settle things with the other guy's insurance if it turns out he's at fault, but that has nothing to do with you. Of course, under this system, you have to pay your deductible up front, but it comes back to you a few months later when the two insurance companies sort out the blame.

Physical injury (liability) is a different story unless you choose to have un-insured/under-insured coverage.

More info on "Fault" / "No-Fault" state laws:
http://accident-law.freeadvice.com/a...-accidents.htm

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:21 AM   #34
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyroar View Post
Two months ago I was hit by a car that ran a stop sign. It was my Toyota Tacoma and it did minor damage. I called the police, but no accident report was written. An exchange slip was written.

After contacting the drivers insurance company (State Farm) the driver admitted fault. I was told to get an estimate and it would be taken care of. I am still waiting on the check.

I have called several times and was told it was being processed. Anyone have similar problems with State Farm?
State Farm is @#$%ing JOKE!!!

My parents live in Vinton and during the floods of '98, they got flooded out.

Finished basement totalled, rest of the house OK. $45K in damage.

During the flooding, State Farm decided to close their office there and let their agent go on vacation.

FEMA was there to help 3 weeks BEFORE Lame Farm was.

Needless to say, after they got their settlement, they dumped Lame Farm and went somewhere else.

Way to go Lame Farm!!! (insert smiley with middle finger sticking up)
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #35
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post

During the flooding, State Farm decided to close their office there and let their agent go on vacation.

Needless to say, after they got their settlement, they dumped Lame Farm and went somewhere else.

But did they buy flood insurance thru State Farm? Not trying to be a jerk but allot of people think there insurance covers floods and it does not. If you want to buy flood insurance they can help you get it but you are buying it from the goverment.

Have had State Farm for 20 years and have been fine to us. The indpendent adjusters they hire can be idiots though, when Faye came thru the guy did not even go on the roof to see the roof damage that made the house fill up with water. State Farm adjuster came out after he got caught up and had everything fixed and even fixed another part of the house since the roof colors would not match.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #36
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I looks from the responses that people with another Insurance and file a claim against a state farm driver are having the problems. It seems like they treat their customer well, but will delay paying to other insurance claims even if there is clear at fault status.
The whole thing just makes me sick !
Old 12-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #37
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
I've had good luck with State Farm since 1986. Hope you get it worked out OP.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #38
scritchy

Drives: Black 2LT RS CGM Rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
Yeah I have a problem with State Farm... My insurance payments are too damn high!
When I had State Farm, they were raising my rates every six months. I had no claims, no tickets/violations, and was hitting those milestones that reduce your rates. When I asked why, they said my make/model/year were involved in a lot of claims so the rates go up against that car type. An 8 year old Grand Prix, really?

So I dropped them and went with another company for the same coverage with less than half the premium. My rates either stay the same or go down every six months. On top of that, I now have like 4 minor and a major collision forgiveness or whatever it is called, so I don't see my rates increasing any time soon.

I would hate to see what State Farm would have charged for the Camaro.
scritchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #39
pennor

Drives: 2011 2LT - 73 Corvette 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
I'm insured by State Farm. I've lived in 4 different states while having State Farm insurance so I've have had several different agents. I haven't had a single problem in just over 30 years. Just saying.

ME TOO! I've had all my cars with State Farm for decades. I've had nothing but super service from them. They have paid every claim almost instantly. They paid to rebuild the rear end of my Vette when it was rear ended 20 years ago with all new parts eventhough some of the stuff back there was undamaged. They have taken care of my daughter through 3 accidents that were not her fault, one of them was an uninsured and undocumented illegal alien.I have nothing but good things to say about State Farm.

Quote:
\
For me, it's about $48/mo.

Last edited by pennor; 12-17-2010 at 03:42 PM.
pennor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:59 AM   #40
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post

ALL FLOOD INSURANCE is issued through FEMA, no one else - it's a Federal Government issue.
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #41
DarrenJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by scritchy View Post
When I had State Farm, they were raising my rates every six months. I had no claims, no tickets/violations, and was hitting those milestones that reduce your rates. When I asked why, they said my make/model/year were involved in a lot of claims so the rates go up against that car type. An 8 year old Grand Prix, really?

So I dropped them and went with another company for the same coverage with less than half the premium. My rates either stay the same or go down every six months. On top of that, I now have like 4 minor and a major collision forgiveness or whatever it is called, so I don't see my rates increasing any time soon.

My 2010 Camaro SS with State Farm runs 397.67 every 6 months...
Old 12-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #42
DarrenJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyroar View Post
Two months ago I was hit by a car that ran a stop sign. It was my Toyota Tacoma and it did minor damage. I called the police, but no accident report was written. An exchange slip was written.

After contacting the drivers insurance company (State Farm) the driver admitted fault. I was told to get an estimate and it would be taken care of. I am still waiting on the check.

I have called several times and was told it was being processed. Anyone have similar problems with State Farm?
Why no police report? You know other folks change their mind about what happened in an accident after the accident occurs...it's always best to obtain an unbiased police report and any unbiased witnesses...