Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #29
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Just saw the GFORCE complete 9" set-up for $5500, so prices are drifting down a little..Now only if the DSS could beat that!!
I think they will after they've been out for a while. OR - they could be forced down if ZL1 parts are reasonable enough and up to the task of enough SS-owners.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #30
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
Spoke with Lingenfelter and unfortunately it won't be any cheaper than the nine conversions. However, it will come complete (gears, halfshafts, prop shaft) and will fit without having to cut the rear cradle like some have had to do with the nines. I believe they will have a prototype case on display at C5 Fest2. It should be on the market in April or May. And yes, I'll be getting one!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #31
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
Spoke with Lingenfelter and unfortunately it won't be any cheaper than the nine conversions. However, it will come complete (gears, halfshafts, prop shaft) and will fit without having to cut the rear cradle like some have had to do with the nines. I believe they will have a prototype case on display at C5 Fest2. It should be on the market in April or May. And yes, I'll be getting one!
Is that the one they're using in their LS9 car? If that if so - that thing's going to be bulletproof.

In the GMHTP article, the trimming on the subframe was more from the center chunk than it was from the housing. I believe the ribbing on that chunk was to blame. Though I'm sure the trade-off was worth it for the strength, I'd rather not trim anything - especially after paying that much.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #32
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Is that the one they're using in their LS9 car? If that if so - that thing's going to be bulletproof.

In the GMHTP article, the trimming on the subframe was more from the center chunk than it was from the housing. I believe the ribbing on that chunk was to blame. Though I'm sure the trade-off was worth it for the strength, I'd rather not trim anything - especially after paying that much.

I did not know that the car frame had to be cut for the 9" conversion, is that for both DSS and GFORCE?
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #33
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
I did not know that the car frame had to be cut for the 9" conversion, is that for both DSS and GFORCE?
No - this was a Hendrix 9"; again - though, it was because of the center chunk, not because of the 9" Hendrix housing The extra ribbing on the chunk was the cause, and it was just a little bit.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"