Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #29
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Just saying, if I had a nickel for every car I said I would buy over the years, I'd probably own most of them by now.
LMAO.... I'm buying me a ZL1... Here's your nickel,,,

.... oh wait... that's my nickel..
Old 06-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #30
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
Seems like just about every thread that a ton of people are waiting to run out and buy a ZL1 even high school kids..... I find it amazing even in this economy that so many people can just run out and buy a 50,000.00 camaro and even take huge losses on the camaros they already own. I have a theory that maybe at best 10% of the people talking are really going to follow through with it.
I cant wait till the ZL1 comes out to see who really ends up with one. If you can afford to do so i applaud you but if not why bother talking so much about a pipe dream
Myself i am content to keep the camaro I have and although it would be nice to have a ZL1 isnt a priority to me. maybe in the future things will be different.
Enter Ironheadspearo.... Destroyer of Dreams
Old 06-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #31
JeepSRT12s

Drives: Jeep SRT
I've been close to buying a CTS-V. $60k is just way too much. And the dumb dealers want $55k+ for their used 2010-2011's. Numbers aren't working out and I'm definately not going to be jumping from $500/month payments to $800/month. Luckily there are a couple of invoice dealers so I'll wait for my sub-$50k ZL1 next year. Unless, of course, a deal comes along for a CTS-V. In short...

JeepSRT12s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #32
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
And where are your forged crank, upgraded rods, piston squirters, upgraded head gaskets, higher quality heads, deck plate-honed cylinders, upgraded clutch and transmission, upgraded driveshaft, differential, and axle shafts, upgraded brakes, MR suspension, EPS, tires, wheels, functional aerodynamic features and blah blah blah. No - it is not the same.

HOWEVER - SS and the V6 cars are no less impressive in their own right. 2012 upgrades not withstanding, the earlier 5th Gens are quite probably the best values in the respective segments. Sure, ZL1 will perform better, but it's going to cost $$$ to go faster.

What exactly is the point of this thread? What are you saying? Why do you care? Do you feel threatened or something? Look how many people are dumping nearly half the price of their SSs into their cars; I think it's GREAT! They are making their car their own car! It's no different than the V6 guys! If you don't have any interest in ZL1, DON'T POST HERE!!! I don't go where I have no interest just to troll, so I ask you, and those with similar thoughts or agendas, to do the same, and respect the rest of us who have unparalleled enthusiasm for ZL1. What's it matter to you that people want to dream or know they have to work their ass off in order to get the car of their dreams? You have your car, and I hope you're happy with it, because I'm happy for you. If you can't be happy for us, keep the hole in your face (and fingers) closed and allow the rest of us share our support and enthusiasm.

It seems to happen on every forum in situations like this. Owners of the once top dog model feel the strong need to justify their purchase over a newly introduced, higher performance model. They either go out of their way to hype up their car or bash the new model. It happened with the Z06 owners when the ZR1 came out. I don't get that mentality, it just reeks of insecurity.

It's like they can't handle not being the top dog anymore. Give me a break, that's not what this community is supposed to be all about! These are probably the same guys who talk down to the V6 owners. Do see any V6 owners slamming the ZL1?
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #33
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
And where are your forged crank, upgraded rods, piston squirters, upgraded head gaskets, higher quality heads, deck plate-honed cylinders, upgraded clutch and transmission, upgraded driveshaft, differential, and axle shafts, upgraded brakes, MR suspension, EPS, tires, wheels, functional aerodynamic features and blah blah blah. No - it is not the same.

HOWEVER - SS and the V6 cars are no less impressive in their own right. 2012 upgrades not withstanding, the earlier 5th Gens are quite probably the best values in the respective segments. Sure, ZL1 will perform better, but it's going to cost $$$ to go faster.

OP - What exactly is the point of this thread? What are you saying? Why do you care? Do you feel threatened or something? Look how many people are dumping nearly half the price of their SSs into their cars; I think it's GREAT! They are making their car their own car! It's no different than the V6 guys! If you don't have any interest in ZL1, DON'T POST HERE!!! I don't go where I have no interest just to troll, so I ask you, and those with similar thoughts or agendas, to do the same, and respect the rest of us who have unparalleled enthusiasm for ZL1. What's it matter to you that people want to dream or know they have to work their ass off in order to get the car of their dreams? You have your car, and I hope you're happy with it, because I'm happy for you. If you can't be happy for us, keep the hole in your face (and fingers) closed and allow the rest of us share our support and enthusiasm.
First off, I posted this in the other section of the forum..... it was moved by a moderator....
second, I don't feel threatened at all, I just think too many people are talking out of their asses by making posts saying they plan to trade in their new camaro for a ZL1 when in reality a huge amount of them WILL DO NOTHING anytime soon.....
I am sure a few on here will run down and do a trade in and more power to them I look forward to the posts and pictures and hope to see many ZL1 camaros around...... but the simple fact when you see teenagers with a camaro talking about trading in for one it seems a bit stupid to me.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #34
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

I honestly believe that there are a good number of people who have a good job & can afford a 50k car. Otherwise all the 50k cars I see when I'm on the road are hallucinations.

Furthermore, I believe the ZL1 is going to be so technologically advanced, so super sexy in styling, and have performance numbers that are so impressive that it will garner a large market share among those who like to go fast in a hot car.

Where those two circles overlap is where you'll find the people who actually buy a ZL1. If you think a few hundred enthusiast Camaro lovers who have been looking forward to something outstanding are comprised of liars by a factor of 90%, then I question your reasoning facilities.

Personally, I've been driving an old piece of junk for several years and saving up for my dream car, and make no mistake, ZL1 IS my dream car. I've been "cereal" to the tune of $500 bucks a month going into the cookie jar.

So, OP, please go urinate on someone else's parade, if that's what it takes to make you happy.

You probably don't believe we put Miniguns in our black Suburbans either, do Ya ?

"Release the Black Suburbans !"

Last edited by Scarrzz; 06-14-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #35
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
I will b getting one as soon as I clear out something in the current stable for a down payment, or if in the mean time i hear of an interior upgrade, i will wait.
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #36
LT1Jeep
Ecstatic Camaro SS Owner

Drives: Jeep(s) [1in pieces] and 2010 SS/RS

I agree about the statement regarding holding onto the feeling of top dog. Its natural. I also wanted a "NEW CAMARO" ever since i saw that 2006 concept. I remember actually saying the words "I WILL own one of those!" and now I DO! I ordered my SS in Oct 08 before ever seeing a car in person, before ever sitting in the seat to make sure i fit, without hearing it or driving it or ANYTHING! I wanted it, I saved some money while i waited and I got it.
Now I knew the HiPerf Z28 / Zl1 was coming. we all talked about it forever. It's awesome, no doubt. But I already added Eibach coilovers and swaybars and LT headers and exhaust and etc etc etc.... like so many of us, that's part of the fun, part of the hobby, part of the lifestyle. The ZL1 is awesome as a factory car. I things its great that you can buy it with a warranty and its basically done ready to run. Is it the same? No. It's like buying a Rubicon edition jeep instead of lifting and modifying a regular one. Would I love to have waited and saved more money this whole time and bough one? well hindsight is 20/20 but back in 08 no one knew anything about a ZL1. it was c hore just to order my SS. i wanted my all new 2010 early order, last car the real "GM" ever produced:
CAMARO. It's MY COLLECTIBLE. drive YOUR car, not someone elses.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #37
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
"In this economy"

..........oh that's right. I live in Canada. I keep forgetting that there is a recession out there. Yep, I think I can afford this car, even if it will probably be closer to $65,000 here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #38
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

I honestly believe that there are a good number of people who have a good job & can afford a 50k car. Otherwise all the 50k cars I see when I'm on the road are hallucinations.

Furthermore, I believe the ZL1 is going to be so technologically advanced, so super sexy in styling, and have performance numbers that are so impressive that it will garner a large market share among those who like to go fast in a hot car.

Where those two circles overlap is where you'll find the people who actually buy a ZL1. If you think a few hundred enthusiast Camaro lovers who have been looking forward to something outstanding are comprised of liars by a factor of 90%, then I question your reasoning facilities.

Personally, I've been driving an old piece of junk for several years and saving up for my dream car, and make no mistake, ZL1 IS my dream car. I've been "cereal" to the tune of $500 bucks a month going into the cookie jar.

So, OP, please go urinate on someone else's parade, if that's what it takes to make you happy.

"Release the Black Suburbans !"

I dont disagree that many ZL1 camaros will be sold although that car will not outnumber ss camaros by a long shot ever. it will be a select market of people looking for a performance car. also those other 50k cars you see driving around most of them are more practical than a camaro for the most part and the people who truly can afford a 50k car sometimes set the sights a little higher and buy something like a porsche or something along those lines too. I would like to know the statistics of the number of ford mustang gt500 owners to 5.0 owner ratio. i am sure that should be a good indication of how well the ZL1 will do in reality.

btw I gotta take a piss, anyone know where I can find a parade?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #39
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
I don't know how anyone can concretely state: "I AM BUYING ONE!"...when the prices have not even been announced yet. That is kind of like saying: "I am sleeping with the hottest guy/chick in the world...just as soon as I meet them."
Unless I die until it gets here I'm getting one. I already have money down. As far as the price, as long as it's not over the price of a Z06 which I highly doubt it will be, I don't really care. I really can't wait to unload my SS which has pretty much been nothing but problems. GM gets one more chance with me with this ZL1. If it ends up like my current camaro then I will be done with camaros all together.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #40
|BLACKSS|

Drives: BLACK 1SS
Not me im waiting on my dealer to get the order form. 47-52k who gives a crap 100 dollar differance on monthly payment. But im putting over half down.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #41
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
No ZL1 for me. We could probably swing it, but it wouldn't be a smart decision. An S/C is much more feasible, given the right timeframe and would achieve a very similar result. Plus, my current steering wheel didn't come straight out of an Aveo (Sorry Al )

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #42
|BLACKSS|

Drives: BLACK 1SS
Also I paid $32,505 sticker for my ss and dealer is giving me $29,000 trade in but im selling it for $30,000. So that's not a huge loss.