Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #57
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
Don't know about other states...but...

In CA tickets have become an even more important part of revenue "enhancement" for law enforcement agencies. I drive from LA to Berkeley for Cal football games. We go up I5. It used to be anything under 85MPH was OK. Now it's 75 and you'll get ticketed. Also, they have put more CHP on that stretch of highway. It's gonna get worse, not better folks.
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #58
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
Yea, he was definitely "protecting & serving"

More like he was generating huge amounts of revenue for the state. Anymore, thats the job of state troopers.
So they should let the "little law breakers" go and only deal with the bigger ones? Do you know how many times people who break the little laws are HUGE felons. My b/f has pulled people over for driving with one headlight out only to find the car is stolen, or they have a warrant and are taken to jail. A job is a job. Would you really want a cop to half ass his job just so u can drive around illegally b/c ur small potatoes? Don't think so. It's unfair for the LEO in this case to be blamed for just doing his job.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #59
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten33 View Post
I love it when when someone vents for being pulled over, and calling the cop a "prick", even though they were actually breaking the law. EVERY profession has "pricks", but I dont see any rants about them....funny how thats works!

Let me go to my doctor when I'm sick, and then call him a prick for prescribing medication I dont like, even though it's necessary...LOL I could go on and on and pick on every profession, but it's useless when people are just ignorant and want to judge an entire profession due to an experience with one individual.

Yes, I work in law enforcement, and NO I do not "profile" faster cars. I pulled over an SRT8 Challenger three days ago for going 66 in a 45, and he got a warning!
Some prick huh?

Im tired of the few who choose to cop bash on here... Lets talk about your line of work and I'm sure I have a few negative stories to relate...
I hear what your saying and I agree that not all cops are pricks. My daughter and her husband both work in law enforcement and neither of them are pricks. The cop that worked in our small town when I was in high school now goes to our church. He was a great guy then and he is still a great guy. My wife got stopped as she was doing 57 in a 55 zone. We drive that road almost every day. I drive at 60, and everyday I get passed by someone that makes me look like I am sitting still. She got stopped 2 miles from a 4 way stop sign. If he sat there he could stop 20 people an hour for not stopping at the stop signs. Yes, I know it is illegal to not have the front plate on, but gosh that is not near as bad as the speaders and people running stop signs. My wife said he got out of his car told her why he stopped her, asked for her license and went back to his car to write up the warning. She tired to talk to him and he just walked away from her. When he came back to give her the warning, he did not want to hear anything she wanted to say. She said he was just a prick from the get go. I really do wish my wife had been stopped by you. You sound like a decent guy and probably would have just gave her a verbal warning. I am sure you know that I don't want the front plate on because it looks so much nicer without it.

Next week I will stop at the Police station in my small town and talk to the Police Chief. I don't know him, but I have waved to him for years and he knows that I don't rip around town. Hopefully he will sign the warning without making me put the front plate on.

I called my dealer to talk to my salesman who is a great guy. He was not there so I talked to one of the owners of the dealership. I told him what happened and he said his wife has not had a front plate on her Blazer for 11 years. She was stopped once and was given a verbal warning. She never put the plate on and has never been stopped again. He told me, if I were you just don't put it on but to keep the front plate under the seat so it is in the car. I think that is what I am going to do, and if i get stopped again I know I will get a ticket. If I do, then I guess I will pay the ticket and then put it on.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #60
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Wisconsin Staties are picky aren't they?
YES, THEY ARE. I been pulled over 6 times since I been driving since 1998. 3 out of 6 have been state troopers. The 3 times I have been stopped haven't been for speeding??? I always get pulled over by these troopers in small towns like Auburndale, Junction City and one time in Madison. Here's my list but got away with warnings
~No Front Plate~ Silver Pontiac Grand AM GT Coupe
~35% Windown Tint~Black Pontiac G5. Took two state troopers to pull me over when I'm with my mom???? I have a medical exemption in my glove box so I impressed them.
~Silver Saturn SC2~
~Tinted Plate Cover
~Beads hanging from my rear view mirror along with a A&W Frosty Bear Air Freshner for obstruction of view that was in Madison.
I had my camaro since January 2010 just waiting to get stopped my days are out numbered but I keep her away from MADISON the cops are bad down there. I avoid drivin her thru small towns that have populations of 400 or less? I stick to the most busiest highways. I FEEL safer and I blend in with the crowd?
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #61
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Don't worry he will be here soon enough. I'm just gonna let him fire away on this one. Don't really see the need to waste my breath on the BASHIN' in this thread. I'm sure Brantley will though.
It sounds like I need to hand out a bunch of Kleenex for all this cryin' goin' on about being illegal and getting pulled over for it
Either make it legal or ride "dirty"-- get pulled over, take your ticket, and press on. Start making calls to your State Reps if you want the laws changed.

Note: the one Camaro I pulled over here for a tag violation (we only require a rear one) he had the tag covered with a smoked tinted cover so you almost couldn't read it. Just for the record; he got a warning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
I'm surprised Brantley isn't here yet to set y'all straight.
I love you boys too.....

but, nah... this one was pretty weak. OP was venting, thread as a whole hasn't been a bad one....yet. Excluding of course the "I am being profiled for my vehicle" comments.

I just finished yard work... Yard work is my kryptonite I am tired of arguing with people who have 30k dollar cars thinking cops hunt them down with a woodie...

....consider it an early Christmas present from me to Dire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okyankee View Post
dumb question, but what is the reason for the front license plate in certain states? is it so the cops dont have to walk to the back? i really dont understand. oklahoma is easy on car rules. and gun rules. haha
It was a bill originally created to deter auto theft... Cameras can now pick up front and back... cops can run tags on any car in a parking lot and intersection.. Many stolen vehicles are parked in apartment complexes, businesses, etc... and backed all the way against concrete walls...

If you look at it that way (without the blinders on), it is a decent law. However, if that law ever comes to FL, I will throw a fit like many of you.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #62
Ten33

Drives: 2011 2LT RS CGM
No hard feelings Sin R G, I agree theres a chance you run into some that are asses...and I know because I work with a couple! But like I said, all professions have em but you dont see as many posts about them on here...Did I tell ya the story about the prick mechanic who couldnt fix my engine rattle....LOL
Ten33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #63
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten33 View Post
No hard feelings Sin R G, I agree theres a chance you run into some that are asses...and I know because I work with a couple! But like I said, all professions have em but you dont see as many posts about them on here...Did I tell ya the story about the prick mechanic who couldnt fix my engine rattle....LOL
Ha Ha Ha,, No I have not heard the one about the prick mechanic who could not fix your engine rattle, But I bet it is a good one. Oh it is great that we all have a good sense of humor.

Hey maybe that mechanic and this cop are related?
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #64
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndalu View Post
Here on Long Island, NY the State Troopers will pull all cars without a front plate. We have a car cruise every Sunday morning at an empty lot at the beach. the Troopers let you in the lot but then on your way out they just line you up and ticket about 5 at a time. sucks, none of our camaros have front plates. we either have to sit and wait it out, or wait for them to be busy writing other tickets to get out without one.
That's called a steady revenue stream ! Sorry couldn't help myself.It sucks for sure.I am lucky or unlucky depending how look at as I live in Michigan.No front plate required.Not much else either.Except a lot of taxation .Place sucks other than the lakes,recreation et'c.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #65
Gloisgreat

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS IBM w/ tan interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by egp View Post
Here are the states which are OK with only 1 plate:

http://www.mrtraffic.com/frontplate.htm
Their info is lacking/flawed. I know for a fact that Missouri has to have both, as well as Texas. Funny enough, Kansas isn't required to have both, which that site says it does. Here's a more comprehensive list, by state:

http://www.javasigns.com/info/category/162/article/570
Gloisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:53 AM   #66
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
in iowa they give you 2 plates but when you register each year you only get 1 sticker and it has to go on the back. really dumb if you ask me . why not let us pay extra to have only one plate if we chose to run without front plates.and not paying a fine every time
Old 07-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #67
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
I wonder how this holds up on high speeds? for example 90-100mph constantly.

any experience guys?
you're worried about getting pulled over for your front plates while driving 90-100 MPH constantly?
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #68
skip_168
idiot-genius

Drives: 2014 SS
I love the profiling complaint. In reality there are more than enough people out there doing the most obvious traffic violations to fill a 12 hour shift. The deputys here dont have time to "profile" anything.

Last edited by skip_168; 07-11-2011 at 05:38 PM.
skip_168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #69
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Doesn't it seem to many of you old enough to recall the ways of the world from the 1960's onward that we have lost a hella lot of fun as a result of the laws meant to "protect" us from ourselves.
Personally, I'd rather take my chances with what I do. Of course, my actions must not harm others. That should go without saying, yet what I do should be no one's business but my own.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #70
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
I got my headers put on Tuesday and I drove it home Wednesday. Today is the first time my wife drives it and she gets about 3 miles from home and calls me. She tells me she got pulled over by the state patrol. My first thought was because of loud mufflers, which would make me real mad because even with headers my car is not loud. She then tells me she got stopped for not having a front license plate on, and I have to take the Camaro license plate holder off the back because they can't see the plate well enough. We have had the car for almost a year and dozens of cops have given me thumbs up,, It just goes to show there is always one pr**k out there to ruin everything.
You play, you pay. No reason for name calling.

I pretty much drive 10 over everywhere I go and haven't been pulled over in 7 years. If I get a ticket tomorrow, so be it, nobodies fault but my own.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote