Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #15
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
I has road rage, too. Of course I didn't until I moved back to the Bay Area, so it's all situational.

My DD is a 4cyl. Malibu and I'm always one of the fastest vehicles on the road, topping out at 4 over the speed limit.

I'm so sick and tired of merging onto the freeway behind someone driving 35mph, driving behind someone who repeatedly slows down and stops in the middle of the road for no reason, people who sit at green stop lights and then accelerate slower than a horse and buggy, and people who turn right from the far left side of the lane/turn left from the far right side of the lane and hold up everyone behind them.

It is epidemic here. Makes me wanna :slice:
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
skip_168
idiot-genius

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
It's best to leave NUT cases alone!
yes... it is... My daddy always said," when you fight with a pig, you always end up muddy.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
In Texas, you never know who is packing in their glove box. I must admit, we're a lot more polite around here than we used to be. But it's always been a good idea to leave the loons alone.

this is very true... here in FLA everybody can carry, (conceled weapons license). We still have the bad drivers, but there has been a strange reduction in the number of people jumping out of cars to beat each other to a pulp...
skip_168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #17
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
lol

This.......... is so awesome!

Yeah.... a physical altercation isn't realistic, especially in front of my little boy. It just enrages me seeing someone in that mental state, putting himself and others in danger. I should have hit my happy onstar button and reported them.

Pretty much positive that the guy was on something, or mentally impaired. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a live and let live kinda guy. But if it was the latter, NYS really needs to be ore thorough on who gets a driver's license. By my best estimation (I'm no expert) The person appeared to be an otherwise healty, stoned out of his head teenager/college aged person. On acid. or shrooms. Or SOMETHING.

A Freaking SLINKY? ugh.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #18
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Super facepalm.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #19
JKBUMBLEBEE
TEAM LLT ! NY5thGEN

Drives: 2011 3.6L V6 328HP Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone★ColdNuts View Post
Driving through Syracuse today, a little black 90's era Geo Metro (bubble econobox) is ahead of me in traffic.

As I pull up behind him (he's doing 10 under in a 55) He starts swerving back and forth jerking his car left and right.

I'm not in a passing zone, so I give a nice big cushion of space between his car and mine.

Finally I get to a two lane section, and pass him. As I do so, he waves a plastic slinky toy out the window at me, flailing out of his car. He is lucky it didn't hit me.

Sitting at a stoplight, I see him behind me, giggling maniacally, playing with the slinky, even after the light turns green, he is sitting back there with his slinky, playing, holding up traffic.

I seriously wanted to get out, walk to his car. Take the slinky out of his hands, throw it over my shoulder, and punch him in the mouth.

Seriously. Who does this shit? He had to be on acid or something.

Just thought I'd share. I had my kid in the car with me, and people who act/drive like this REALLY piss me off.
lmao hahaha u really should have though
Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #20
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
In Texas, you never know who is packing in their glove box. I must admit, we're a lot more polite around here than we used to be. But it's always been a good idea to leave the loons alone.

Not in my experience . I come up on people in the left lane doing 5-10 under the speed limit and give them the "let me pass" quick double flash , and then they stomp on the brake . When I can find some space to pass , they look at me like I'm the A-hole.

P.S. Glove box ? If mine is not in the passenger seat , it's between the console and my seat .

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #21
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Sounds like you could have called the police and reported a possible intoxicated driver.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #22
Skill377

Drives: 04 Toyota Camry
Idiot like that deserves a tazer shot to the face!
Skill377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #23
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White

Bart Scott doesn't approve of mixing slinkys and driving.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #24
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
The irony of a crazy/intoxicated person playing with a slinky in a car traveling down the freeway is not lost on me.

It would be better if they were falling down a flight of stairs, though.

"Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #25
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
["Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." [/QUOTE]

Awesome. OMG, they still make slinky's Good restraint on your part (with your little one aboard).

I'm telling you - it's an act of congress just to make it to and from work everyday sharing the road with these nutjobs. My Camaro is my DD so she gets a lot of eyes (and aholes). I especially love the ones who either don't use their blinker and just merge upon clearing your bumper. Or the ones who turn on their signal in which they think they now have the right of way and cut you off anyway... Geeeeeezzzzzzzzz..
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #26
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exflirt View Post
I has road rage, too. Of course I didn't until I moved back to the Bay Area, so it's all situational.

My DD is a 4cyl. Malibu and I'm always one of the fastest vehicles on the road, topping out at 4 over the speed limit.

I'm so sick and tired of merging onto the freeway behind someone driving 35mph, driving behind someone who repeatedly slows down and stops in the middle of the road for no reason, people who sit at green stop lights and then accelerate slower than a horse and buggy, and people who turn right from the far left side of the lane/turn left from the far right side of the lane and hold up everyone behind them.

It is epidemic here. Makes me wanna :slice:

It's the entire state. It is a daily event down here. I drive 18 miles each way to work, it takes over 30 minutes, and it's all freeway driving (15 miles of it anyway). I'm constantly behind morons in the left lane, you know the drive 10 under the posted speed limit until you can keep someone from passing between you and the car in the right lane people.

I catch myself driving like an asshole more often because my acceptable level of stupid was surpassed about 36 years ago.....

I miss the days when people could actually grasp the "slower traffic keep right" signs, the day's when people understood the concept of a "passing lane", people that would "keep right except to pass"........... You know, when it didn't take 2 hours to go 40 miles @ 3 pm on a Saturday afternoon....
Old 07-12-2011, 05:06 PM   #27
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Yeah, the old grey mare ain't what she used to be, as the song goes. The expectations for a better class of drivers is premature; it might not happen at all, for that matter. Let's put that second idea aside, it's overly depressing.

We DO have pretty good roads in this country, compared with others. The signage to encourage rational driving (left lanes on our roads are for momentary use ONLY, during passing) is, at least to a small degree, already in place.

A relatively small effort informing the public of this key rule of the road by way of television spots, roadside billboards, et cetera would significantly reduce this bottle-necking of our highways. The problem might even be eliminated nearly altogether in a matter of a decade or so.

A similar application of instructive public address campaigns could also have a salubrious effect on the correct use of foot pedals for safer driving. People could learn that the left foot is NOT part of the driving repertoire when using an automatic transmission. The brake lights would then be meaningful to drivers of cars to the rear. Besides, the brakes not being inadvertently engaged would last longer and be safer by being less likely to fade from being heated by friction.

Some of those re-educated drivers may be inquisitive enough to wonder how the left foot CAN be used; they may even seek to learn the fine art of driving vehicles with manual transmissions.

I don't have any figures to substantiate my suppositions, yet I think there may be a connection between more aware, conscientious driving and knowledge of proper use of standard transmissions.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #28
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Just had to post because of the title... (I hate people like that too, but like previously posted, leave the crazy ones alone...)
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote