Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-17-2011, 06:50 AM   #239
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Well my wheels arrived........Were supposed to be here by 2pm but didn't show up till 3 pm.

When I got home I unpacked them and spent the better parts of 4 HOURS cleaning them. They were absolutely filthy. I have no idea what they did to these wheels but whatever it was, it was not done cleanly.

I guess I am just simply stupid, cause before I sent them I checked every square inch of these wheels and there was not 1 mark on them. NOW there are many. I have several scratches on the faces. Looks like it is in the same places which leads me to believe that it either happened on a machine or by piss poor handling.

They also had what appeared to be some pitting on them??????/ Luckily it was not pitting and it came clean albeit not quickly. Alot of Adam's metal polish and 4 hours of my. Finally got them cleaned about 9pm last night and will install them today to see if they pass the ultimate test of VIBRATION Free.

I did notice that they put new nuts on the back of a couple of wheels, the ones that hold the centers together. Wheels still have ALOT of weight on them.......So we will see. So basically from what I can tell just looking at them, they scratched three faces, took them apart and put them back together again on 3 of the 4 wheels.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #240
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
That's BS. Honestly, and hear me out before you call me a sinner, I hope the wheels vibrate. Not because I want you to go through more of a headache, but because I want you to get your money back and be able to just clean your hands of this whole thing.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #241
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Hope it all works out for you. I'd take the CAMARO for a good drive to make sure but sounds like you will know by the end of the block. I needed wheels after the fest in Valdosta. I went with a much less expensive tire & rim combo from Tire-rack and have not had a single issue (including 5,000+ mile round trip to Fest II in Arizona!). Sport Muscle Tachs. Set of 4 (tires, rims, tpm's, mounted & balanced) just a bit over $2,000. Hate hearing owner's with issues but glad we have an open forum to get info out to others before they fall into same problems.
I think we should have a place to rate vender's / state issues (good & bad). There are alot of vender's that have great products, some that have minor issues, and some that are looking to steal from ya. I will back up any product bought if it's of good quality, friendly staff, and satisfaction guarantee.
CruznSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #242
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
This is all been painful to read about, not just a one-off issue, but more than a couple of issues.

Sometimes you get what you pay for, and sometimes, like this, you don't.

Personally, if I was spending this sorta change for wheels or anything else, it surely best not be dirty, scratched, or otherwise. They should be out of the box and on to the car without any massaging, cleaning, etc. That's ridiculous and unprofessional of them IMO.

Crossing fingers for y'all....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #243
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
That's BS. Honestly, and hear me out before you call me a sinner, I hope the wheels vibrate. Not because I want you to go through more of a headache, but because I want you to get your money back and be able to just clean your hands of this whole thing.
I just want them to be right. Unfortunately the finsih is a little scratched in places and I will deal with that if the wheels do not vibrate. If they vibrate then I am not worried about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
Hope it all works out for you. I'd take the CAMARO for a good drive to make sure but sounds like you will know by the end of the block. I needed wheels after the fest in Valdosta. I went with a much less expensive tire & rim combo from Tire-rack and have not had a single issue (including 5,000+ mile round trip to Fest II in Arizona!). Sport Muscle Tachs. Set of 4 (tires, rims, tpm's, mounted & balanced) just a bit over $2,000. Hate hearing owner's with issues but glad we have an open forum to get info out to others before they fall into same problems.
I think we should have a place to rate vender's / state issues (good & bad). There are alot of vender's that have great products, some that have minor issues, and some that are looking to steal from ya. I will back up any product bought if it's of good quality, friendly staff, and satisfaction guarantee.
Hind sight is always 20/20. But this is the reason I made this thread to make people aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
This is all been painful to read about, not just a one-off issue, but more than a couple of issues.

Sometimes you get what you pay for, and sometimes, like this, you don't.

Personally, if I was spending this sorta change for wheels or anything else, it surely best not be dirty, scratched, or otherwise. They should be out of the box and on to the car without any massaging, cleaning, etc. That's ridiculous and unprofessional of them IMO.

Crossing fingers for y'all....
I completely agree. After they had already been back once for this issue and had to go back again for vibration issues you would think that they would ensure the wheels were PERFECT in everyway. Their appearance does not give me a warm and fuzzy about how they will perform this evening.

Luckily for me they just paved about 40 miles of interstate near my house, road is smooth and I will have a good indication of how they will perform, but if like the last time I wil be able to tell by the time I get to the end of the block.

Really sad you spend so much money on something and have to go through so much drama.

So we will see later on today how they perform.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #244
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I sent my Savini wheels back to be refinished last fall. Got them back 3 months later. They had a chip in one of the fronts that someone had tried to conceal with black marker.

I thought about bitching to Savini about that, but after the hassles they gave me, I just gave up. (I guess they won.) There is a point where you just throw your hands in the air in exasperation. I sold me wheels on ebay this week. As I said before, I took a $5k loss on them.

The good news is that I now have Forgeline 20" wheels on my car and I'm very happy with them. The finish is perfect. They were mounted and balanced with no issues. And they ride as smooth as glass. So, at least I'm happy with what I have now.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #245
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Dr Jkel:
I hope you took pictures of the wheels when they arrived. I should have done that.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #246
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I sent my Savini wheels back to be refinished last fall. Got them back 3 months later. They had a chip in one of the fronts that someone had tried to conceal with black marker.

I thought about bitching to Savini about that, but after the hassles they gave me, I just gave up. (I guess they won.) There is a point where you just throw your hands in the air in exasperation. I sold me wheels on ebay this week. As I said before, I took a $5k loss on them.

The good news is that I now have Forgeline 20" wheels on my car and I'm very happy with them. The finish is perfect. They were mounted and balanced with no issues. And they ride as smooth as glass. So, at least I'm happy with what I have now.
I am so sorry you got shafted by Savini on your wheels and for the money you lost, BUT I am glad you have wheels you can enjoy now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Dr Jkel:I hope you took pictures of the wheels when they arrived. I should have done that.
Oh Yea I took pictures but it is really hard to take pictures of Chrome, plus it was kinda dark last night so maybe today I can get some better pictures.

I sent BFXAUTO an e-mail about the condition of the wheels and am waiting on a response.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:56 AM   #247
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I hope they're right this time. Those are gorgeous wheels!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #248
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

I use a statement alot and it goes a little like this " It's kinda like being a Little Pregnant, in my mind either you are or are not" I use this to guide me on my daily travels through life. What does that have to do with Savini Wheels you might ask.........Well in my opinion they are either right or they are not, kinda like being pregnant.

I bolted on my wheels last night, torqued them down to 140 ft lbs and went for a ride. They still vibrate, although it is better than before it is NOT right. I drove for about 60 miles down different sections of interstate, through town and even a country road ( Yes it was paved, LOL.) So I know it is not the road causing the vibration.

Just so that I knew I wasn't crazy, while my wheels were gone to be fixed I had my rotors checked to make sure that they were not warped to eliminate that as a possibility. If I stay under 40 mph they seem to be OK but the faster you go the worse it gets.

There is actually a section of road near the Talladega Superspeedway that is 4 lanes wide and straight and about 5 miles long and I had some law enforcement friends help me test the wheels by allowing me to run it up to triple digits, in a controlled environment, to see the effects of the vibration or to see if I could run the vibration out of it and that did not work.

I had read where some swapped wheels from side to side and that helped their problems so I then went and swapped the wheels from side to side and it did not make one bit of difference. The vibration was the same.

As to make sure that there was not another reason for the vibration I cleaned the hubs spotless, they looked like they were brand new, so the hubs are clean, wheels torqued to the right spec's so now I am clueless.

I will send BFXAUTO and e-mail this morning and see what the next step in this process is.

Really sad..........
Old 08-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #249
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Still vibrate. That is too bad. Good luck.

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #250
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
There is actually a section of road near the Talladega Superspeedway that is 4 lanes wide and straight and about 5 miles long and I had some law enforcement friends help me test the wheels by allowing me to run it up to triple digits, in a controlled environment, to see the effects of the vibration or to see if I could run the vibration out of it and that did not work.
Really sorry to hear about it Jkel. But can we focus on something else here for a second? You have a 5 mile strip of straight highway AND cop friends who will close it down for you so you can go zoom zoom? I envy you, that is just too cool.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #251
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Really sorry to hear about it Jkel. But can we focus on something else here for a second? You have a 5 mile strip of straight highway AND cop friends who will close it down for you so you can go zoom zoom? I envy you, that is just too cool.
Yeah it is the main drag in front on the Speedway, not alot of traffic or houses on that road. Mainly used for race week traffic.

Since I have been in Law Enforcement for 20+ years I have made a few friends. It is quite nice to have an area to go to run out and test your vehicle. I do not do it alot but when I need to I can usually get a little time to go run my car, bike or whatever up.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #252
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Yeah it is the main drag in front on the Speedway, not alot of traffic or houses on that road. Mainly used for race week traffic.

Since I have been in Law Enforcement for 20+ years I have made a few friends. It is quite nice to have an area to go to run out and test your vehicle. I do not do it alot but when I need to I can usually get a little time to go run my car, bike or whatever up.
Thank you for your service, and let us know what the shop says about getting you your refund. It sucks that they are the ones left on the hook for this, but that's more Savini's fault than anyone else's.