Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #197
Rally_Skittles

Drives: TF3 Transformers Edition 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
See post #117

I had custom stripes done on mine.

This actually looks pretty cool. Bring on Transformers 3 Edition!!!
Rally_Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #198
Bethgrce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StOrM TrOOpEr View Post
there's no SUMMIT WHITE LS or LT w/o spoiler in my area
One of the guys in our Camaro Club here in New Mexico had the High Wing Spoiler intalled along with the standard spoiler that came on his car! It looks awesome...I will try and find some pics and post on here!
Bethgrce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #199
Yoda Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Transformers Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethgrce View Post
One of the guys in our Camaro Club here in New Mexico had the High Wing Spoiler intalled along with the standard spoiler that came on his car! It looks awesome...I will try and find some pics and post on here!
That would be great! That would solve the problems people are having about filling holes or looking for a new trunk lid. I have seen one picture with both spoilers installed and thought it looked cool too. Hope you can get us some photos.

Yoda Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #200
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Now that looks awesome! I was trying to figure out how to incorporate the stripes into this wing and you nailed it! Did you get a vinyl shop to match the front stripes or what? Need the info.
There is a guy locally here in Lansing, MI that does all the vinyl installs for the dealership. He goes by stripeman.

If you google search the stripeman, you will find him.

He had the pattern to match the factory non RS color, but the "texture" doesn't match. I seriously can't tell. The colors match perfectly!

He may still have the pattern for the highwing spoiler he took off my car, and sell you the vinyl for it.

I intially was just going to continue the rally stripes, but I saw that this was a whole other surface with its own curves and lines. So my wife and I sat down and thought of an idea. She thought just a pinstripe around the edge, and I thought of a solid black in the middle. Then we came up with this, solid black with pinstripe like the factory stripes to match.

It looks good from overhead. Matches the front rally stripes on the hood (factory) but also has its own decal to match the surface of the high wing. You can't do that with the dove tail!

Old 08-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #201
skuttduck

Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda Man View Post
That would be great! That would solve the problems people are having about filling holes or looking for a new trunk lid. I have seen one picture with both spoilers installed and thought it looked cool too. Hope you can get us some photos.

Seriously I can't see how this is even possible. The stanchions for the high wing are right in the way of the factory lip spoiler.

I could perhaps pull my lip spoler off and try to line it up and see what happens.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #202
skuttduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethgrce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda Man View Post

That is complete BS. You can't do it*

I nearly pulled off my lip spoiler off my other trunk lid, before realizing how silly this was. Unless the lip spoiler was one inch wide on either end it will not work.

*if you did see this done, either the highwing or the lip spoiler was trimmed and notched out to allow this. Filling the holes in the deck lid would most likely be less work than attempting something like that.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #203
Yoda Man

I'm sure something would have to be modified, but for a few weeks around Jan. 2010, when you clicked on Transformers Edition on the G.M. website, it showed a car with both wings installed at the same time. I took my laptop to show the dealer and they looked at me like a cow looking at a new gate, but I took a movie on my video camera of the car on the laptop screen and I will try to look it up. The next week it disapeared from the site.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #204
SSRich

Drives: 1967 camaroSS
i dont care much for it, i like the ones like on the first gen camaros
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:33 PM   #205
Yoda Man

You are correct, there is no room for the lip spoiler under here because of the mounthing posts on the high wing, but I will still try to find my picture.
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #206
StOrM TrOOpEr
TK-421

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Summit White #349
PAINTED STRIPES AND HIGH WING SPOILER

had my stripes and high wing spoiler installed
Attached Images

2012 CAMARO 2SS/RS A6 L99, TPW 7-18-2011 FIRST PRODUCTION WEEK 2012 MODEL #349
"LIKE" me on my FACEBOOK page http://www.facebook.com/stormtroopercamaro2ssrs
MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209482 - COTW 6/25/13

StOrM TrOOpEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #207
2010rod
JAWS

Drives: 2010 2SS Silver Ice Metallic
PASS
Old 09-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #208
skuttduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by StOrM TrOOpEr View Post
had my stripes and high wing spoiler installed
Nice pictures.

Suggestions:

Black gill stripes
White pinstripe, or "white out" on the highwing.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #209
StOrM TrOOpEr
TK-421

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Summit White #349
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
Nice pictures.

Suggestions:

Black gill stripes
White pinstripe, or "white out" on the highwing.
i originally had the billet gill inserts. i had the shop guy put it on but it was crooked. so i removed it. i just ordered the 3m tape and will install it as soon as i get it
2012 CAMARO 2SS/RS A6 L99, TPW 7-18-2011 FIRST PRODUCTION WEEK 2012 MODEL #349
"LIKE" me on my FACEBOOK page http://www.facebook.com/stormtroopercamaro2ssrs
MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209482 - COTW 6/25/13

StOrM TrOOpEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #210
Yoda Man

Looks Great !!!

Tags
camaro, high wing spoiler