Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #29
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
The only thing I would add to the current ABL set up for the Camaro is a couple lights in the footwells (lights up the pedals and... uh.. the passengers feet?) But trust me it looks good lol.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #30
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbus View Post
They gotta do the dash too, check out how it looks in the Benz.

Umm that is hideous....

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #31
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I believe that Benz is the cost of 3 Camaros, maybe more? Not exactly apples to apples.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #32
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
then checkbout the CTS or the new buick
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #33
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Yes I have seen the ABL in person at teh Cleveland Autoshow which is where this pic was taken i believe. Im and suprised at how well this pic did come out cause as you can imagine they had a boat load of lights shining on the camaros and was hard to see. If you closed the door it was brighter. The finish product will look amazing at night time but during the day time it will not be very noticable which is good cause it it was you would be very distracted by the brightness at night it would make it very hard to see out of the car.
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #34
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
I seen it tonight on car #074. A black 1 LT with white stripes and W1H interior..

Very nice.

Think I will get to ride in it tomorrow.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #35
TJ91

what? im soo lost Banshee, please explain and can i come tomorrow?
you saw ABL on a 1LT?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #36
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Yep..Number 74..

Sorry, was a 2LT.

I ordered a 2SS and not familiar with the options of the 6 cylinder.

Was a 2LT with RS package.

Can you come tomorrow? Sure. Supposed to be calling me tomorrow and promised 4-5 other Camaros.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #37
TJ91

i wish i could come! :( Wow have you seen the Red ABL in person yet? Does it extend the across the entire door panel? Sorry for all the questions. If you can, please take pics, if not, just give us vivd descriptions about these Camaros tomorrow, especially if any are IOM!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #38
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

It was in the upper door panel... It was dark out in a lighted parking lot.

It was an orangish yellow hue, IOM W1H interior. Was the first time I sat in and seen the IOM interior in person, and I was on duty, so I was limited.

A couple of my co-workers took cell phone pics, but none specifically of the door panels.

I will see what I can do tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:46 AM   #39
tmo1113

Drives: 2007 Chrysler Aspen 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
It was in the upper door panel... It was dark out in a lighted parking lot.

It was an orangish yellow hue, IOM W1H interior. Was the first time I sat in and seen the IOM interior in person, and I was on duty, so I was limited.

A couple of my co-workers took cell phone pics, but none specifically of the door panels.

I will see what I can do tomorrow.
I'm not sure which is the "W1H interior"...but if it's the orange I got a question for you. I saw plenty of pics and IMO it looks like a red interior (I know it's ORANGE) but does it give that appearence in person as well?
tmo1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:13 AM   #40
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

The seats looked orange-red and the outer looked grey to me, like a dark graphite. I am happy with the interior selection I chose. The center orange sections have a texture to them and was real nice.

I am getting the IOM W1H interior and was pleasantly pleased with the overall appearance. Again, it was dark out. The interior light was on and could see well inside.

The interior room was sufficient for me, being 6' 230#. The seats were firm and held me well. Seeing out the back while backing out will take some getting used to. Doors open wide, better keep a firm grip on windy days in parking lots. The manual gearshift was distinct and had no slop or issues with finding a gear.

Overall, the interior was AWESOME! Seeing it in the dark was an experience. Well lighted, distinct and well apportioned. If anyone was upset about ABL on the dash, be glad you are NOT seeing it. I could see how it would be too much lighting for driving as the interior dash and accessories, including the gauge pod on console makes it quite, well, again, awesome!

I am not at all dissapointed!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #41
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
What is going on today? When, where, and why don't I know about it? :( haha
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #42
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
LOL last night my Ghetto ABL project went haywire... a LOLers.

I had the cover on the car (no garage) and went outside to check on things and freaked out for a second because there was a multicolor light show glowing thru the car cover on the vette lolerz. The system must of kicked on or I pressed the remote button and it went into multicolor light show mode lol.

Oh well some neighbors probably where freaking out on it.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote