Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #15
GotGame55
Haters gonna hate?

Drives: '04 Chevy Dirtymax
I hate my neighbors...
Old 03-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #16
MIT'13

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
my neighbor has a 5.0 but fortunately he doesn't seem to feel the need to tout it in my face. maybe its because the guy a few more doors down has a CTS-V coupe...
Old 03-05-2012, 02:02 AM   #17
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
That V6 is a better boat anchor then an engine. I feel bad for anyone that got a 2010 mustang V6 only to get hosed when the 2011 came out.
I hear you on that. That's a huge "DOH!" moment for them!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #18
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Every single one of my neighbors has at least one Chevy. That's 5 other families, 2 next door, and 3 across the street. I think there's 8 other Chevy's total in those 5 houses.

One of my neighbors has a 73 Camaro that he works on as it's a work in progress. He and his family also have a GMC SUV and a Silverado. He's up early every weekend working on a Off Road Vehicle kind of like a dune buggy, but sturdier. He revs both his Camaro and the buggy when he's working on them. He doesn't mind at all when I drive by, and usually waves or gives a thumbs up.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #19
Intimidator333

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange.
Ha! There's a new kid at my work and he used to own a 03 Mustang GT and was talking trash about my SS until I took him for a ride in it after work one night. Next day he's raving about it to everyone. His literal words were "Dude when you slammed the gas it was instant whiplash!" Now he wants one.
Intimidator333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #20
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Haha I pulled up next to a lame looking newer v6 mustang that just happend to have the windows down. I couldn't help myself because I just got a muffler delete. I let her growl a couple times just to let them know what's up. Its a good feeling knowing my car sounds like a beast. Even my camaro v6 sounded badass. Strange but I don't really ever see newer mustangs with exhaust work.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #21
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
Haha I pulled up next to a lame looking newer v6 mustang that just happend to have the windows down. I couldn't help myself because I just got a muffler delete. I let her growl a couple times just to let them know what's up. Its a good feeling knowing my car sounds like a beast. Even my camaro v6 sounded badass. Strange but I don't really ever see newer mustangs with exhaust work.
I have only seen one, and it is my buddy. As soon as he heard borla on my car, he ran out and got a Borla exhaust for his 5.0 lol.

I admit, it does sound good. With the same modification, their exhaust has a bit more volume..but I prefer our tone. Once he did that, I had to distance myself a bit with headers and Cam swap haha.

I wouldn't mind having an arrogant mustang owner next to me now with my Cam install.. However, I still haven't been able to gauge what my neighbors think of my new found volume level.

No one in my neighborhood has a harley or American Muscle... kinda wish I did (any make or model) so I could let mine loose a bit. I am very respectful about my car and don't do the revving crap in the neighborhood. No one has said anything, which makes me wonder
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #22
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
The V6 in the pre-2011 Mustang was OK, but not for performance unless you spend a vast amount of money on it. I had one in 2000, and even with CAI and Flowmasters, just wasn't anything to write home about. Sonded like crap with the Flowmasters, and wish I had left it stock. Sounded just like a Honda. That said, they were nice cars. I got a GT in '01, and it was like night and day. GREAT sound, descent, but not outstanding performance, (a V6 Camaro will blow it away), and very nice handling. Better handling than the current Camaro IMO.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #23
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshep214 View Post
My neighbor has a 2011 5.0 and he is a really cool guy. Loves his car and my ss. Don't bash not all mustang guys are bad! It's just the guys that are all ford or nothing kinda ruin it for everyone! But it's the same with the Die hard Chevy or nothing mentality. I love American muscle and that's it. I'm glad we have more than one bad ass car to choose from! Just my .02
+1
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #24
rodscamaro

Drives: 07' TAHOE LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
I used to have a neighbor with an Sti that did that. He stopped after I installed my Corsa system.
Right!! Like an STI doesn't have a chance in hell at beating you.

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!
rodscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #25
The SwiftChancelor

Drives: SGM, 2011 2SS/RS, L99
Yeah, I don't mind a Mustang too and my neighbor does love Camaros, said he hopes to have one someday. Nice guy but he's a Mustang Mafia( local Mustang club) guy. Its been since I've got my headers that he's revving his engine more. Like I said, it sounds good for a v6 but when he gets into higher gears it starts to sound like the can.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #26
masterj1109

Drives: 2010 Hennessey HPE 650 Camaro
I only have one neighbor that really pays much attention and he is a pretty cool ford guy. He is an ex-marine with a.... 2004? Ford F-250 stock exhaust with a 7 inch lift, grill guard etc but not too much so its a mean work truck. He also has a cherry red 1960's ford in his driveway that he babys. I respect his picks and the effort he has put in for his own rides as well as made him smile a few times when he has looked at my chevelle and camaro. Besides that the guy across the street has a sweet weed wacker that has all the sound to go no place fast haha
masterj1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #27
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I just always say, "Nice, my friend's daughter has one of those"

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #28
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
I got a neighbor like that with a 4th gen Camaro. I think it was a Z28 but he put the SS hood (that doesn't line up right) and emblems on it, added a screaming supercharger, and every time he passes my house, he revs the engine a bunch of times - especially if I'm outside. I'm trying to figure out why he needs to rev the shit out of his car every time he passes my house. I think he should be driving a Mustang.