Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #57
texasbill

Drives: 2005 Silverado LS 5.3 V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro007 View Post
Here is a picture I took at work on my camara phone. More Pictures to follow tonight and this weekend after I wax the car.
Very nice! I hope you get the lights to work the way YOU want them.

Dreaming...
texasbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #58
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro007 View Post
Here is a picture I took at work on my camara phone. More Pictures to follow tonight and this weekend after I wax the car.
I dont see a picture
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #59
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I believe that all states allow at least 4 forward-facing white lights, and many don't allow more than that.
I'm not refering to the Count of Lights making the Camaro Non-Street Legal, but the Candle Lights of Power Emited from the Already Bright HIDs.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:40 PM   #60
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Owners manual is useless explaining "fog lights"...

....In reading thru my owners manual over the last few days it does NOT distinguish between the RS and other models. And I quote (page 5-5in the Lighting" section) "Front Fog Lamps" - (BTW several foreign cars have REAR fog lamps that are separate from the tail lamps and are as bright as stop lights...) "For vehicles with front fog lamps, the button is located on the exterior lamp control, on the outboard side of the steering wheel. The ignition must be turned to ON/RUN to turn the fog lamps on..." The paragraph shows the fog lamp icon/symbol and says that "vehicles with HIDs the daytime running lamps DRL replace the fog lamps". (HUH? So when I look at the front of my car I see these two lights in the bumper and, well they look to me like "fog lamps", but they are called DRLs in the manual. So one can then surmise that if they don't have HIDs, they can turn the lights in the bumper on and off, the "fog lights", not DRLs. (!?!?).
So I can well understand the confusion about what those lights are, what they are used for, how you do/do not turn them on/off.
And YES the yellow lights in the grill are turn signals only.
The outside ring of the 'Halos" are "parking lights"
The inside and outside of the "Halos" come on as the head lights.
The inside and outside of the "Halos" come on as the "brights or high beams" with the inside tilting upward.
Hope that helps.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #61
m0ore4ustin391

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal View Post
Seems rather silly, fog lights can be very useful if you are doing something like say driving in the fog at night.
m0ore4ustin391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:27 AM   #62
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Mean Chevy View Post
I'm not refering to the Count of Lights making the Camaro Non-Street Legal, but the Candle Lights of Power Emited from the Already Bright HIDs.
OIC. As far as I know, those laws cover mass produced cars but do not affect modified cars. However, I'd guess that if your car was too bright and that contributed to an accident (or if a lawyer could claim that it did), you can expect to get blamed in court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
BTW several foreign cars have REAR fog lamps that are separate from the tail lamps and are as bright as stop lights...
They are red like stop lights too. That would not work well in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if people who mod their foreign car with the euro-equipment rear fog light get hassled by the cops.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:59 AM   #63
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Wait, so what are the halos for? I assumed they were the DRLs.
nope... they just look cool - that's all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
For the RS - there was a thread a while back where Fbodfather said you can turn off the DRL's and turn on the halos by turning the knob 1 click to the left then 2 clicks to the right.
one click left disables the DRLs & AUTO headlamp feature (it then springs back to position 2)
one click right turns on the parking lights (halos or turn signals depending on RS or not, tails, side markers)
another click right adds the headlamps

Quote:
...I even cancel my automatic headlights if they come on before it's dark enough to need to illuminate roads...
i'm glad there's a button for that now. i had to tear my dash out to do that mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
When (WRS) RS Package is ordered, FOGLAMPS act as Daytime Running Lamps.
so they ARE foglamps, so let them be used as foglamps.
as fbodfather put it, "when you order the RS package, you get DRLs that look like fog lamps."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Okay, the easies way to understand how your newly purchased Camaro works is to…….. wait for it……………here it comes………………. READ THE OWNERS MANUAL!!!

Lots of good info in there. I'm pretty much done reading mine from cover to cover...
there you go again... using all that common sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
I'm trying to resist the temptation that is screaming at me in this thread.

yellow lights....lol...sheesh.
i'll second that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
...I dont have any pics for examples, but this is one of the first things that I will be doing. And I too will be buying an HID kit for the fogs. So once I get'er done, I'll definitely post up pics and write up.
and remind me to never drive in front of you at night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
There aren't any fog lamps on the LS, and the headlights aren't HID. Any idea how that all works?...

it works just like any other non-RS car (seeing as how you can't get the RS package on as LS)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote