Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 07-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #8205
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken53007 View Post
Lol so he can spend even more money on gas
No kidding right? Haha

Well his current ride is a 2008 Avalanche. So the ZL1 would actually get better mileage believe it or not.

And he's not getting it anytime soon, if he gets one, it'll be next year. He's just interested.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #8206
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
If you drive far distance on the highway it's still great on gas and mileage. But in the city is where it shines. My electric bill hasn't changed much also. It's be an eye opening experience truly. I'll stick with my V6 to get one. I can wait to see what the 6th gen brings us to get into a Volt now.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #8207
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
What county do you live in That has emissions? Jackson don't, Barrow not sure! So it's either Hall or Gwinnett!
Gwinnett. I think I get one more model year before it has to test, but I just want to keep it in check. I checked it just before I tried to crank and all systems were go. Will check it again after a charge cycle and see if it maintained ready status.

Who needs a Volt? I havent put any gas in my SS for over a month
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #8208
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post

Lol! Neither have I! Been since may since I have put gas in the SS!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #8209
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
Gwinnett. I think I get one more model year before it has to test, but I just want to keep it in check. I checked it just before I tried to crank and all systems were go. Will check it again after a charge cycle and see if it maintained ready status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Lol! Neither have I! Been since may since I have put gas in the SS!
you guys are funny!! Hope you get on the road soon Scott! Chris you just need to get it out the garage more lol!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #8210
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
you guys are funny!! Hope you get on the road soon Scott! Chris you just need to get it out the garage more lol!
Lol
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #8211
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Have had it a year, only clocked about 2500 miles. I like to drive it more when temps are milder. Knew I had better get it out and start cleaning off the rubber before Stone Mountain gtg.
Hope to see you there Francisco. I have seen your car, but not met you yet.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #8212
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Chris...you want a Battery Tender Jr. They work awesome, and are less than $30. Comes with a harness that you can wire in, and then connection/disconnection is quick. You don't want your battery to get that low...that will kill the cells. Keep it topped off.

As for the volt, I was originally waiting for it to come out. That is why I didn't jump on the camaro. If you have seen the volt concept car, you'll understand why! As soon as I got a glimpse at the production one, I didn't want it anymore. I have seen them, and it would do for a commuter car, but I wouldn't want one as a toy...that's for sure.

Production vs. Concept:
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #8213
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Chris...you want a Battery Tender Jr. They work awesome, and are less than $30. Comes with a harness that you can wire in, and then connection/disconnection is quick. You don't want your battery to get that low...that will kill the cells. Keep it topped off.

As for the volt, I was originally waiting for it to come out. That is why I didn't jump on the camaro. If you have seen the volt concept car, you'll understand why! As soon as I got a glimpse at the production one, I didn't want it anymore. I have seen them, and it would do for a commuter car, but I wouldn't want one as a toy...that's for sure.

Production vs. Concept:
absolutely. The battery tender is a great charger. I have one that I use on various things. You can put it on a car and leave it on for days/weeks/months. Anything you don't drive often, and it will avoid over charging.

greatest thing since LSx motors.

Being a nerd, the volt was interesting to me, even though i could never be in the market for such a thing. my commute is rough on any car, I wouldn't get much at all in the way of battery life out of it. Sitting still for half an hour, a/c blowing, headlights on, foot on the brake.. not at all worth it for me.

I have seen a black one around here though, they look good in black.
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #8214
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Guys, in the following video at time 1:41 do you know where I can get that heat shrink?? Advance Auto Parts didn't have it, but I haven't checked summit yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, should have searched summits website first...they sell it.

!

Quote:
Well guy's the 1LE dream is over lmao. I have been driving a Volt for 2 weeks now doing some research on it. I am going to invest in one soon. This is one amazing car, haven't had to fill the car up yet and it's been almost 1000 miles. I can charge it using any standard plug. So I am a believer!!!
I'd like to see an independent source charge a volt and see exactly how much it does cost to charge it one time. That would be very useful around Auburn, but I can assure you the women wouldn't like that as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
JT and I checked a Volt out at Thorton Chevy and it was pretty cool not gonna lie. Also, my dad would have one but his commute is too far for the electricity so it wouldn't quite be worthwhile. But I won't be holding it against you.
It was a really cool car...but here is my thing...it had a $46,000 price tag...why would I spend that much money on a car to save on gas? I just lost all the money I'd save on gas by spending all that money on it.

I'd be better off buying a cheap prius or something and save $26,000+ to put toward gas.

Last edited by CamaroKid300; 07-04-2012 at 09:46 PM.
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #8215
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Well JT that one we looked at was loaded haha
Old 07-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #8216
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
Well JT that one we looked at was loaded haha
True, thats the only way to go though haha. jk

But still, if I'm gonna spend that much money on a car I want it to be fast. But guess not everyone is like that.

Last edited by CamaroKid300; 07-04-2012 at 09:46 PM.
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #8217
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
True, thats the only way to go though haha. jk

But still, if I'm gonna spend that much money on a car I want it to be fast. But guess not everyone is like that.
Same here. I'd rather spend more money on gas and enjoy what I'm driving. That is all of course assuming I only had 1 car. When you have a weekend car and then a daily driver that's a different story.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #8218
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I sa y if uoy driv I volt then yu might sa well drive a Prius! And f that I ant drivn no damn Prius. MPG's are for pansies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
atlanta, club, diane is great., free josh, j.t. is awesome, mti locks not rocks your car, mti rocks, mti rocks your mom's house, yep yep