Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #71
5cents
Dave

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS - Black/CGM Stripes
Turning off the seatbelt warning can be done, but it's a somewhat complicated proceedure that you must follow.

http://www.focushacks.com/mod/Seat_Belt_Minder_Disable

I've just learned to live with it, like any thing that repeats itself, after a while you become immune to it and you don't notice it.
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #72
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
Turning off the seatbelt warning can be done, but it's a somewhat complicated proceedure that you must follow.

http://www.focushacks.com/mod/Seat_Belt_Minder_Disable

I've just learned to live with it, like any thing that repeats itself, after a while you become immune to it and you don't notice it.
Learned to live with it?

Do you drive without the seatbelt all the time? If so, why? I really am curious why anyone these days would choose to not wear a seatbelt.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #73
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Do you drive without the seatbelt all the time? If so, why? I really am curious why anyone these days would choose to not wear a seatbelt.
All the cool kids are doing it these days. You don't want to be square do ya old man?

Old 07-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #74
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinear View Post
no code but i know of a very simple, two step procedure that will cancel the chime, everytime! here's what you need to do.....

enter your vehicle as you normally would. now, while sitting in the drivers seat and facing foward, take your right hand and reach up and over your left shoulder. grab that strap-like device and pull out and down. look for a shiny metal tab on the end of it. it should be fairly easy to find. now look by your right thigh and you will see an object jutting up between the seat and center console. you'll notice an elongated slit running across the top. insert the metal tab into this slit and push it in till you here an audible "click".
if done correctly the chime should now be off.
classic
Old 07-18-2012, 06:07 AM   #75
Quackersacker

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Just put the seat belt in the connection then take a knife and cut the belt free from the end that is stuck in the connection. let the free belt roll up in the car so the loose end doesnt bother you, then just drive as you please. Please also sign up as a donor on your license and sign a living will. Also you should not expect to be a burden on anyone or society if we dont have the money to help on the medical bills or with laws that make it easier for you to get around if you end up in a new type of vehicle.

Please where a seat belt.

Last edited by Quackersacker; 07-18-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #76
DayBreaker

Drives: 2004 impala SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Anyone notice how the OP posted this over a year ago, has 3 posts total...and has never posted again!?

Probably got ejected from his car not wearing his seatbelt
Old 07-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #77
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayBreaker View Post
Probably got ejected from his car not wearing his seatbelt
Probably.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #78
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron66Vette&10SS View Post
Wow.....tough crowd.

Do you guys lecture people you see riding motorcycles without helmets too?
Not me...I totally condone it. Makes the cleanup after the wipeout very easy to do using only a Swiffer.

I'm all for dumbasses that don't wear seatbelts or helmets. Just means extra parking spots for me sooner or later.

Might sound cold, but that's the way it is.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #79
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 6 View Post
Not me...I totally condone it. Makes the cleanup after the wipeout very easy to do using only a Swiffer.

I'm all for dumbasses that don't wear seatbelts or helmets. Just means extra parking spots for me sooner or later.

Might sound cold, but that's the way it is.
It's just natural selection at work, nothing wrong with that.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #80
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
It's just natural selection at work, nothing wrong with that.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #81
tys2010camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Dude,
I knew they were going to nuke you when i read your thread. A lot of idiots just want to try and be funny without knowing your situation. I have a roll cage with harneses and asked the same question as i don't need the factory belts plus they are in the way.
What i did is go to your Dealership and ask for a seat belt extension. Just cut the strap at the end of the buckle plug it in and you will never even know its there. Chime gone.

By they way to all of the goody goodys out there, I talk with my mouth full, run with scissors, and yes! don't wear my seat belt! Total rebel man!!! Dangerous!!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #82
onechuck
Onechuck

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2SS\RS SC & Cammed
just go to a junk yard and buy 2 seat belt buckles and plug them and and your done... No lights and chimes
Old 07-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #83
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Not sure if anybody answered this without a annoying and unwanted "wear your seatbelt" comment but if you take the part your seatbelt where it clicks in to apart there should be a spring that you can remove that stops it from dinging. We did it in my dad and uncles tundra.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #84
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Im actually gonna try this with my camaro after work. And for you crybabies the reason the tundras are disabled and why I plan to disable mine is because we own a farm and I'm not buckling up every time I get in and out of my car to drive for 5-10 minutes down the road across the field doesn't matter. Especially when you do it 12 hours a day. I've considered adding the keyless ignition with the push button that the camaro should have came with for this reason also.

Closed Thread