Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #15
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb910 View Post
Is anyone currently running BBK Long Tubes / Flowmaster American Thunder axle back / Vararam together? I'm wondering how it would sound and if a x pipe would be recommended
I had a friend who had BBKs with Flowmaster AMT axle backs, a K&N intake and no resonated x-pipe and it sound really mean. It had some rasp but it still sounded really good. I'd post a video of it but he traded it in for a truck.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
ryanb910

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
I can deal with some rasp as long as it's not horrible. Looking forward to hearing it even more now and seeing how it performs.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #17
ryanb910

Well I'm back from vacation and the headers are sitting in the trunk of my Camaro waiting for me or a shop to put in, at the right price. I'm going to check out a few places in town on my lunch break and if I don't find a good price I will be installing tomorrow or Wednesday.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #18
ryanb910

I got the headers installed for $225 and I can feel a good difference in the car, nothing amazing yet. Still waiting to get my tune back to go with these. I probably won't feel as much of a increase in power as some because I've done most every other mod already. It is a little raspy and I think I going to add the Magnaflow X pipe. I was just wondering, does the x pipe give any hp increases to it? Hopefully I'll have some videos soon.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #19
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Congratz on the install. I finally installed mine this week, finished the install on Tues after 19hrs lol. It is a little raspy but I love the way it sounds and I noticed the gains to when I get on it...have to go easy or else I chirp the wheels all the time going into second. As far as the x pipe gains go I don't think there are any but I am not 100% just eliminates the rasp.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #20
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
mmm what catback system do you have in the car?? I have to slightly disagree with kj.. I do believe there is a small performance gain from the h pipe to the x pipe... but that is in my case.. idk... and by getting the tune back, you mean for adjustments?? cuz I doubt that u will have any.. what tune you have? I have heard/seen that trifecta does not change anything after LT installation..

now, you got me wonder if I should data log and send it in.. i cant hurt can it?
Old 07-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #21
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Nope can't hurt...I plan on data logging mine once I get my rear O2 sensors plugged in just in case.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #22
azw131
Team LLT

Drives: 2012 WRX (Stage 2)
Congrats on the headers man, you wont be dissapointed. I installed mine just last week. To give you an idea of the sound heres a video of mine. I'm running the OBX headers, MRT V1 axleback, and vararam. Noise should be comparable to yours though. One thing I would say is that it's very loud up to about 3k but not so much that you cant talk over it. Now if you step on it... that's a whole other story .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Z4E0iRbJryk

Mods: Bolt On's and Such, Some Cosmetic Stuff Too
azw131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #23
ryanb910

I'm running a Flowmaster axle back there is some rasp but overall I've got nothing but compliments so far. I heard the x pipe gives minimal gains, 3-5 HP but hey every bit counts right? That's why I data logged as well.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #24
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Do it yourself...
And con some mechanically inclined friends into it by buying them pizza and beer.

I had some Camaro friends help with mine, and they were a BITCH. But at least I didn't have to pay for install. At the time I did mine, I was hearing install prices of several hundred dollars... probably because the v6 install kinda sucks!
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #25
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Pizza and beer is a great trick huh?