Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #15
Stock Boy

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
It can work to your advantage..... Like the dealer I bought my 2014 from, the car was bought orginally at a different dealer 300 miles away and the original owner really wanted a vette, but they did not have one, so he bought the 1le. Fast forward 22 days and 200 miles later, he finds the vette (at the dealer I bought mine from) he dreamed of, drives the 1le to the dealer and trades it in. Next day it is on ebay as a plain jane ss, I can't belive my eyes......A 2014 1LE 2ss with NAV and NPP with less than 500 miles on the clock..BUY IT NOW $32,000!......CLICK! 9 days later the truck pulls up with my new (100% as new condition) car, tucked away in the back of all the books and manuals is the $42,300 window sticker! :-)
I like this story....
Stock Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:05 PM   #16
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyk01 View Post
The noise part isn't really a "gear" noise. It's definitely the pilot bearing. It's only heard while the car is in neutral and the clutch is out. I don't have any sound issues with the gear set inside. That part is rock solid. I'll be changing out all of my fluids here very soon now that I got my Quick Jacks. I've not been able to lift the car up with the body kit on it until they showed up this week. Now it's game on.

I'll look to get some of the fluids you mentioned here soon.....

Overall I'm hearing y'all saying stuff about gear noise and that's not what I'm dealing with. It's pilot bearing in neutral and the second gear sincro sounds/feels like crap. Pulling it down into second feels like a two step process. It kind of clunks down a bit and then falls again if you keep pulling.

I really need to drive another 1LE to be able to tell if it's just me or really is a problem.

Is there any difference between the trannys for the 2013 or the newer ones? If not I'll just find one on a lot or something and take it for a drive. At least then I'll know. It's driving me a bit batty.
Where did I write that it's gear noise?

Trust me, I as well as others know exactly what you are describing re noise.

It can also be heard when driving around in first gear, at very slow speeds...

You aren't the first, and won't be the last to notice this.

Common issue on many high performance cars. Check out "Getrag Rattle" on google, goes back to circa 1985 on BMW's, and guess what? I was the first to discover that Redline MT-90 solved the issue

FWIW, that tranny lasted me 400000km on 400+ wheel hp!

Good luck!

PS just listened to that vid posted up top.

That's not normal at all
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote