Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2015, 02:12 PM   #71
fpdsniper

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Ok, just weighing in here as a police officer. The "spirit" of the law is designed so as not to give you the ability to use Red/Blue lights in an illegal matter. You might not have the "intent" to use them illegally, but it's just safer for everyone to make it illegal to have the ability to do it. Maybe you loaned the car to someone, or sold it with these lights. Do you want someone driving around out there with the ability to pull over your wife/daughter/girlfriend under the guise of being a LEO just so you can have some pretty blue lights? Look, we as cops don't always agree with some of the laws either. For example, the tinted window law in Illinois is so ridiculously written, it's difficult to enforce or even interpret correctly. But we don't MAKE the laws, and sometimes we don't understand what the reasons and spirit of some laws are. Think of it like the open container law in Illinois. Maybe you haven't had a drop, and you are taking your previously opened bottle to another location for consumption later. You might not have any intention of drinking out of this open bottle, but you're creating a situation that could make it likely or possible that you will. One of the worst things about being in this job is that almost EVERYONE thinks they know how to do our jobs better than us. Regardless of whether they have any training, education, or experience whatsoever. When someone calls to complain about one of my officers for giving them a ticket or whatever, they always give a very watered down account of what THEY did on the traffic stop, etc. When they tell their story, they are always somewhere in the Mother Teresa level of personal behavior, attitude, etc. They almost never give an accurate account of what happened. Then I review the in car camera footage of the traffic stop and "refresh" their memory of how they really behaved. Now, there are some honest people out there. I have had a couple occasions in my career where people I wrote a traffic citation to testified in open court that I treated them very well and wanted to thank me for this. They also admit their violation, but ask the court court supervision, etc. Those are the ones I don't mind getting leniency from the court. Long story short, if you know it's illegal and you do it anyway, be prepared to accept your punishment and don't complain about it. You did after all, make a conscious decision to violate the law whether you agree with it or not. Just my .02 worth.

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5/TRD
Independent Amsoil Dealer
fpdsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:12 PM   #72
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
read every post. cant get those 5min back.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:22 AM   #73
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
I was told by a trooper once that using blue or red lights is an offense that could not only have your car immediately impounded, but also poses jail time for impersonating....
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:31 AM   #74
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpdsniper View Post
Ok, just weighing in here as a police officer. The "spirit" of the law is designed so as not to give you the ability to use Red/Blue lights in an illegal matter. You might not have the "intent" to use them illegally, but it's just safer for everyone to make it illegal to have the ability to do it. Maybe you loaned the car to someone, or sold it with these lights. Do you want someone driving around out there with the ability to pull over your wife/daughter/girlfriend under the guise of being a LEO just so you can have some pretty blue lights? Look, we as cops don't always agree with some of the laws either. For example, the tinted window law in Illinois is so ridiculously written, it's difficult to enforce or even interpret correctly. But we don't MAKE the laws, and sometimes we don't understand what the reasons and spirit of some laws are. Think of it like the open container law in Illinois. Maybe you haven't had a drop, and you are taking your previously opened bottle to another location for consumption later. You might not have any intention of drinking out of this open bottle, but you're creating a situation that could make it likely or possible that you will. One of the worst things about being in this job is that almost EVERYONE thinks they know how to do our jobs better than us. Regardless of whether they have any training, education, or experience whatsoever. When someone calls to complain about one of my officers for giving them a ticket or whatever, they always give a very watered down account of what THEY did on the traffic stop, etc. When they tell their story, they are always somewhere in the Mother Teresa level of personal behavior, attitude, etc. They almost never give an accurate account of what happened. Then I review the in car camera footage of the traffic stop and "refresh" their memory of how they really behaved. Now, there are some honest people out there. I have had a couple occasions in my career where people I wrote a traffic citation to testified in open court that I treated them very well and wanted to thank me for this. They also admit their violation, but ask the court court supervision, etc. Those are the ones I don't mind getting leniency from the court. Long story short, if you know it's illegal and you do it anyway, be prepared to accept your punishment and don't complain about it. You did after all, make a conscious decision to violate the law whether you agree with it or not. Just my .02 worth.

Well put sir.

I often used to get "Oh man, that is so silly why are you pulling me over for something so minor?..."

You get a lot of good arrests for traffic. So all I have to do is wait until you commit a primary offense, pull you over, run your license...

Me personally, if your license was clear, I would almost always base weather I gave you a ticket on your attitude.
Just my 0.02
Old 02-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #75
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Well put sir.

I often used to get "Oh man, that is so silly why are you pulling me over for something so minor?..."

You get a lot of good arrests for traffic. So all I have to do is wait until you commit a primary offense, pull you over, run your license...

Me personally, if your license was clear, I would almost always base weather I gave you a ticket on your attitude.
Just my 0.02
LOL, some one else right you're reports four you?
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:50 PM   #76
Spartan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post
1.) I think what you are trying to ask is
"LOL, someone else write your reports for you?"

a.) Someone; Pronoun, meaning some person; somebody.

b.) Write; Verb (used with object), wrote or (Archaic) writ; written or (Archaic) writ; writing. To trace or form (characters, letters, words, etc.) on the surface of some material, as with a pen, pencil, or other instrument or means; inscribe:
c.) Your; pronoun; (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea.
One's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person):
The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
(Used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.
d.) For; Preposition ; With the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.

2.) No.

Last edited by Spartan01; 02-23-2015 at 01:08 PM.
Spartan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #77
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:

b.) Write; Verb (used with object), wrote or (Archaic) writ; written or (Archaic) writ; writing. To trace or form (characters, letters, words, etc.) on the surface of some material, as with a pen, pencil, or other instrument or means; inscribe:
c.) Your; pronoun; (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea.
The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
(Used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.

2.) No.
Lmao.

Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:00 PM   #78
Carmikaze
HTCC Membership Director

Drives: 2013 RS Camaro
Quote:

2.) No.

Best post in the entire thread
Carmikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:08 PM   #79
Firehawk178
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
I didn't think it was possible to have more errors in a sentence than the total number of words..
Firehawk178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:13 PM   #80
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
I'm pretty sure he was trying to be ironic with the intentional errors. Either way, that's a bit too grammar nazi, even for me.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #81
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
Lol, yes it was intentional. Pretty obvious sarcasm, two.

Good job, fellas ... You proved the Ford Fanboys write.
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:38 PM   #82
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
read every post. cant get those 5min back.

Splitter, (off the beaten post) but.... been seeing your signature, what does it mean, exactly???

"all your base are belong to me"

Just curious....
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:41 PM   #83
Firehawk178
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
Splitter, (off the beaten post) but.... been seeing your signature, what does it mean, exactly???

"all your base are belong to me"

Just curious....
Send us up the bomb.. Someone will post the link to the video. Old school game with bad English translations..
Firehawk178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #84
Spartan01

Quote:
Lol, yes it was intentional. Pretty obvious sarcasm, two.

Good job, fellas ... You proved the Ford Fanboys write.

I am aware of your sarcasm. That is why I wrote my response with sarcasm as well.
If you are unsure as to the proper definition of sarcasm, you will find it in the dictionary, between $hit, and Syphilis.

There is no need to go around name calling.