Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-22-2015, 10:50 AM   #1
Lou@ARH

Drives: IRS RECORD HOLDING 5thGEN 7.67 @179
How's Everyone Doing?

Hello all!

It's been a little while since I've posted and just wanted to know if there was anything that I could do for you guys. Have a tech question about any of our exhaust systems or want to know anything about our Camaro? Please feel free to ask.

We have nothing to hide with our 5th Gen. We've done a lot of R&D so you guys don't have to. So, if you're building your car and need any kind of advise don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,
Louie Filippides
American Racing Headers
Louie@americanracingheaders.com
631-608-1986
Old 04-22-2015, 12:04 PM   #2
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou@ARH View Post
Hello all!

It's been a little while since I've posted and just wanted to know if there was anything that I could do for you guys. Have a tech question about any of our exhaust systems or want to know anything about our Camaro? Please feel free to ask.

We have nothing to hide with our 5th Gen. We've done a lot of R&D so you guys don't have to. So, if you're building your car and need any kind of advise don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,
Louie Filippides
American Racing Headers
631-608-1986
Hey Lou,

Long time no see...

You asked so I have a question for you...

I need two polished (rolled edge, or double wall - preference) stainless steel exhaust tips for my car.

I need them for a 3.5 inch inlet and a 4 inch outlet for my 2010 SS Camaro. I have found a few but they are ten or more inches long... I need them about 5 inches long at the most... We are running a dual 3.5 inch exhaust all the way out the back. I need these to be weld on tips... or something that could be modified to weld on...

I've looked all over the internet with no luck. I could cut some longer ones down but if it's a double wall that leads to other problems...

Any assistance you may be able to offer is greatly appreciated.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
Lou@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey Lou,

Long time no see...

You asked so I have a question for you...

I need two polished (rolled edge, or double wall - preference) stainless steel exhaust tips for my car.

I need them for a 3.5 inch inlet and a 4 inch outlet for my 2010 SS Camaro. I have found a few but they are ten or more inches long... I need them about 5 inches long at the most... We are running a dual 3.5 inch exhaust all the way out the back. I need these to be weld on tips... or something that could be modified to weld on...

I've looked all over the internet with no luck. I could cut some longer ones down but if it's a double wall that leads to other problems...

Any assistance you may be able to offer is greatly appreciated.

SSE 4 2SS, We have a 4" tip right around the length you need, but unfortunately we don't have a one with a 3-1/2" inlet. We can probably expand one out to receive a 3-1/2" pipe, but that size seems pretty big for being that far down the exhaust stream. May I ask why it needs to be 3-1/2"? I'd also like to remind you that we ran 8.70's with our 2-1/2" Axle back.

Thanks,
Louie Filippides
American Racing Headers
631-608-1986
Old 04-22-2015, 02:24 PM   #4
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
I'm doing good, thanks for asking.

Only thing I can think of that would assist me is go play a joke or annoy Steve D, just for the fun of it.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #5
Lou@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
I'm doing good, thanks for asking.

Only thing I can think of that would assist me is go play a joke or annoy Steve D, just for the fun of it.
Haha, I'd love to help you there. He gets abused here every day, but what did you have in mind?
Old 04-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #6
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou@ARH View Post
SSE 4 2SS, We have a 4" tip right around the length you need, but unfortunately we don't have a one with a 3-1/2" inlet. We can probably expand one out to receive a 3-1/2" pipe, but that size seems pretty big for being that far down the exhaust stream. May I ask why it needs to be 3-1/2"? I'd also like to remind you that we ran 8.70's with our 2-1/2" Axle back.

Thanks,
Louie Filippides
American Racing Headers
631-608-1986
Well.... We are running a 417 cubic inch 10.5-1 compression motor with AllPro LSW12-X (can't say yet) heads and somewhere north of 30 lbs of boost for at or over 2,000 RWHP... @ 9,000 RPM, Twin 76 /75 Turbos.... 3.5 inch exhaust all the way out the back... This is a Mile (or More) car... and we had a guy stop in the shop today that is going to fabricate some exhaust tips for us... I appreciate the help and it's good to have you back on here.... I hope you are here often...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:02 PM   #7
Lou@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Well.... We are running a 417 cubic inch 10.5-1 compression motor with AllPro LSW12-X (can't say yet) heads and somewhere north of 30 lbs of boost for at or over 2,000 RWHP... @ 9,000 RPM, Twin 76 /75 Turbos.... 3.5 inch exhaust all the way out the back... This is a Mile (or More) car... and we had a guy stop in the shop today that is going to fabricate some exhaust tips for us... I appreciate the help and it's good to have you back on here.... I hope you are here often...
Thank you and not a problem. To be honest though, I still think 3-1/2" is too large being that far down stream. I think that a reduction to 3" at the rear axle would actually benefit the car. The reduction would help with back pressure while also helping to keep the heat in the pipes. Just a thought though.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:17 PM   #8
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
I have no idea, just wanted to make sure Steve was being given a hard time. Your assurance that you already do that is enough for me. Keep up the good work, and the good work of making best headers around.