Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #127
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Midlife or not, I did not want top let this car get away.
Had a '69 when I was 20, a '74 at 24 and a '77 at 40. Camaro thing rubbed off on the kids along the way. They each had a '85 and a '79 when they started driving.

On my 40th birthday I bought a trashed out '77 that was parked for the past 5 years in a lady's front yard. At the time, my 15 year old daughter thought I'd lost it. "Dad, why would you buy a piece of junk like this, why not a nice Honda or something ?" (btw, laughed my a$$ off when that line was used in the first Transformer movie)
Told her, "when I was in HS, this car was the cats A$$, you'll see". 2 years later I finished a complete restoration and added a 330 HP engine. My family LOVED that car, especially my daughter. She HAD to have one, so she saved and her own '79. While I was getting her car 'streetready', I let her drive mine for about a year. The kids at her school had no odea what it was and all loved it too. It was put in their yearbook. Well, just before I finished her car, she banged up the '77. Time, money, parenting, college, etc. I sold it for what was left. After that, I said "when that new Camaro comes out, I'm getting one of the first". My wife had the 'yeah right' thing in her head.

Fast forward 4 years and we're in the showroom looking at the first demo the local dealer got, which actually sold 4 hrs. after getting there. Whatacar ! About 2 weeks later, we're in ordering ours. 2 months later, we're all in love with this beauty and no one thinks dad is crazy anymore.

Call it what you want, but at this stage in life - 49 - I'm having a ball in my new Camaro. Kids are in college and want to take it to school to show off. "Yeah Right, that ain't happening !" Momma and me are living our little dream.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #128
musky1

Drives: 2007 Solstice
How about late life crisis?

Just turned 63,and this will be my 5th NEW muscle car.
Same old saying,but true LIFE IS SHORT My thinking is this,if your not taking the bread off the table from someone-your responsible for,go for it.
The casket doesn't have pockets,so treat yourself.
In my case,I will be leaving my car for my 2 year old grandson.But he won't be getting it till I'm gone or he's 21 Which ever comes later.
Cars I had along the way,all new.
1964 Chevy Implala SS 327
1965 Pontiac Catalina 2+2 421
1968 Pontiac GTO HO.
1970 OLDS CUTLASS W-31
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP----------Traded in for 2SS 6M
So don't feel guilty,and enjoy!
musky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #129
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
I guess I'm at that stage (45) and I'm luvn it!
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #130
sav1

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirishboy View Post
I knew the neighbors and colleagues were all saying it (as I turn 40 this year :() so I put it on my tag which is now CRISISS
ahahha nice!
sav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #131
sav1

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sstac View Post
I'm a 28yr female and people tell me "why do u want that type of car... thats only for men in their mid life crisis.." They said the same thing to me when i got a vette!! I personally think people stereo type these cars... and they shouldnt because times have changed!!

Dont let it bother u.. i think people are jealous and thats the only thing they can come up with to say to you...
What they really mean to say is "I can't afford one of these, and because misery loves company, I don't want you to have one either" So they say this garbage to make you think they would NEVER own that car but in reality they CAN'T own your car.
sav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #132
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
I am going through MidLife Crisis right now, just waiting to order then waiting again for it to be delivered...lol
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:02 PM   #133
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
it is really just petty jealousy since they can't have one. my dad did the same bs on me when i got my crossfire. what the heck is wrong with wanting a cool car? just tell them to bite you (location to be defined at your discretion) and let them watch your taillights get smaller as you drive away.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:14 PM   #134
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Life is too short period. No need for a crisis at any age. Get what makes you happy.
I've always been happy, this new Camaro got me a permigrin and I'm smiling all the time.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:39 PM   #135
bkservice1
BK SERVICE1

Drives: 2010 aqua blue rally stripes
well im 40 and ive been told the same thing a few times. But i just love this car. it matches my 1980 camaro except it has t tops. and will own it forever . already ready to buy a second one for the wife.
bkservice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:56 AM   #136
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I'm 53 and driving a "97 Z28 until I find the right 5th gen. I'm married with no kids and I just tell people I'm buying myself all the toys I would be buying my kids if I'd had any!!!

Shuts 'em up real quick!!
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #137
monkeywrenching

Drives: 1LT/RS
The last car that I bought new was in 1985 and that was a trade down before I got married. I was 25 at the time. The wife has received all of the new cars since then and I have be delegated to used beaters. I am now 49 going on the big "50" and was looking for a new car. The wife's Mini Cooper S is all paid off now that the daughter totaled her Acura. So the wife and I decided that since she is going back to college that she can go without a car for a while. We helped the son get an '09 Mustang after college so IT IS MY TURN. I can say that I am looking forward to this big time! I did make a few concessions because of the two kids I am putting through college. As for mid life???? kiss my worn out, hard working, waited forever, assets!
monkeywrenching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #138
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
i hear that crap all the time call it what u want crisis i think most people have some common sense but for all those dummies that ask me about mid life i tell them go get a life let the rest of us enjoy ours with our camaros and cool car guys and gals.
BAD BRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #139
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
While I wouldn't call it a mid-life crisis I am definately seeking to enjoy my early 50s with not so much toys but things that make me glad to have the life I have: a happy 26+ year marriage to my college (& still) my sweetheart, no kids though we treat our 15 year old nephew quite well, an almost paid-off home, ability to travel several times a year and yes, own a Camaro and a Pontiac G6 Hard Top Convertible (just until the Camaro Convertible is out ).

For me I could care less if my neighbors or folks who don't know me see me driving my Camaro, windows rolled down, Wayfarers on enjoying whatever tune playing via my iPhone - they can think "wow cool" and/or "wow, look at the geek/geezer driving a cool car", its America - they can think what they want. Its a great Country, still...

After years of wandering through many cars of many manufacturers its nice to be "home" to a Chevrolet and a Camaro - I hope to enjoy mine for a long healthy, wealthy and happy time.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #140
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '05 Impala, '10 IOM Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to camaroluver
I'm 29 going to be 30 in Dec. The first day I brought it to work one of the older guys that work in our shop came out shaking his head...."You shouldn't have bought this car, it costs too much. You are crazy or make more money than I think you do, this is a car for younger people, not someone with 2 kids." My response...Not crazy just love the car, it doesn't matter if I make $5 or $40 an hour you do not know what other bills I pay so who says I can't afford the car? How freaking old do you think I am? And it doesn't matter if I am 16 or 80! As for my family, well my husband and kids bought the car for me, I have a family of 4 which just happens to be how many people this car seats! Plus I added in why wait until my kids are grown to have my dream car? As long as I can afford it, it is my business. Plus if things get hard due to the economy well I guess the bank will come pick up my car (with me clung to it of course )!
Some people are just jealous that they do not get to own such a beautiful bada$$ car!
So guys and gals if this is our "mid-life crisis" it is one hell of a ride!
2010 Camaro 2SS IOM/Black Interior/Black Hood & Hockey Stripes #26,805
Ordered 1/30/09 as a surprise for me by the best husband ever! Delivered 8/6/09 to me!!!

camaroluver is offline   Reply With Quote