Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 08-30-2015, 06:39 PM   #1
Johnny1

Drives: Would only drive GM
Sent private email yesterday to unsubscribe me from the forum

Yesterday I sent a private email to tram (administrator) asking him to unsubscribe me from the forum. I know I can log out but I would also like to be taken off the forum. Does any one know if that's all I need to do (haven't been done yet) or is there some thing else I need to do. By the way it has been a very helpful forum. Thank you
Johnny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 06:56 PM   #2
Mpsmith1

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
Why do you want to do that?
Mpsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 06:57 PM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Hmmm
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:04 PM   #4
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Make a bunch of rude comments, You'll be taken off
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:05 PM   #5
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:07 PM   #6
Quicksilver-SS

Drives: 2014 1SS / RS M6
Just stop posting and log off.....
Quicksilver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:11 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1 View Post
Yesterday I sent a private email to tram (administrator) asking him to unsubscribe me from the forum. I know I can log out but I would also like to be taken off the forum. Does any one know if that's all I need to do (haven't been done yet) or is there some thing else I need to do. By the way it has been a very helpful forum. Thank you
Hopefully that was a typo, and you meant to say that you sent a PM to Tran (I have no idea who tram is, but he's not an administrator). At any rate, whether you sent it to tram or Tran I wouldn't expect anything to happen. On Camaro5 we do not delete accounts. We would like for you to stay, but if you wish to leave & never come back that is your choice.

Topic has been moved to Site Related
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:35 PM   #8
Johnny1

Well under the rules and terms it says tran is the administrator. So who is? So you join this forum but yet (not because I have a problem with the forum) you can't be taken off without making rude comments. If so then your just trying to keep the membership count as high as possible whether some one still uses the forum or not. I call b.s.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:37 PM   #9
ba2ss

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6
its not just camaro5, its a vbulletin thing, accounts don't get deleted
ba2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:38 PM   #10
Johnny1

Ok thanks then I'll just log off. Thanks again
Old 08-30-2015, 07:38 PM   #11
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Just don't log back in if you don't want to be here. To remove you completely would mean that anywhere you posted will lose it's integrity. That's forum basics on any online forum.

Just don't log in and you will essentially "be off the forum."
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:08 PM   #12
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1 View Post
Well under the rules and terms it says tran is the administrator. So who is? So you join this forum but yet (not because I have a problem with the forum) you can't be taken off without making rude comments. If so then your just trying to keep the membership count as high as possible whether some one still uses the forum or not. I call b.s.
So it was a typo, you pm'd Tran (your post said tram ... with an 'M').

It has nothing to do with membership counts. Deleting an account means deleting all posts you've made, which will screw up threads that you've participated in. It would also mean this thread specifically gets deleted, preventing anyone from learning what you are learning now (or at least requiring me & everyone else to repeat ourselves to the next member who wants to leave).

At any rate, since you say that you have had a good experience on the site ... would your desire to leave be motivated by an e-mail saying that someone tried to log into your account? Seems like thats been happening a lot lately (I got a notice myself from another site I'm a member of recently). If so, you don't have much to worry about. Since you got the e-mail, it means that they didn't get in (likely because you're password is harder to guess than '123456' or 'password'). But if you are worried about someone being successful in the future, change it something that is as long and complicated as possible.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote